Jacoby Brissett transferring

DyeHardAllTheWay

There's no reason for him to transfer to any place he won't be the virtually unquestioned starter. That's not the case here with Kiehl getting a second life and Jeremy Johnson coming in. He'll have to sit a year putting him in direct competition with JJ. He could stay at Florida and ride the pine.

I say give him a shot if he wants to come in. He obviously was not recruited to run the offense he was in. We've all seen how a change of scenery can do wonders for a player. The last time we took a former florida cast off QB worked pretty well. I love KF and JJ but neither have proven they can get it done at this level yet. I believe both have what it takes however, but until proven otherwise we're in no position to thumb our nose at any QB that wants to look our way.

Are people here seriously thinking this guy would not come to Auburn because he'd have competition at the QB position? This must be the same group of Auburn fans that wanted nothing to do with transferring QB Russell Wilson because he'd "mess up the team chemistry" going into 2011.

I doubt he comes here. I would think he would drop down to DII (whatever they call it now) so he wouldn't have to sit a year. If he can play there, the NFL will find him.

Why not? He might do really well in coach Malzahn's hurry up offense.

I am sure he would be great in it. He has already been in school two years. He will have to sit a year. It will be year four, out of HS, before he played again. If he plays DII, he plays next season. Joe Flacco has shown they will find you if you are any good.

Why not? He might do really well in coach Malzahn's hurry up offense.

Exactly, I remember the last qb that use to Play for Florida actually won a heisman and a nc at AU!! What was his name?

Was Brissett the QB when UF came to Auburn in 11 and LOST? They sucked worse than we did and that was pretty bad.

I hardly think we're in a position to be shunning potential options at QB. If he doesn't pan out, we have another QB on roster anyways, and his simple presence could help motivate JJ to be a better QB.

I'd rather save the spot on the roster for a high school QB, or a stud JUCO guy. Brissett didn't impress me last year when he was in.

No. He would be the 3rd QB at best at Auburn. Why transfer only to get pushed down further on the roster? He'll go somewhere where he has a shot to be a starter after he sits out a year.

No. He would be the 3rd QB at best at Auburn. Why transfer only to get pushed down further on the roster? He'll go somewhere where he has a shot to be a starter after he sits out a year.

Agreed. Don't think it would be a good fit for him or a good fit for AU.

Are people here seriously thinking this guy would not come to Auburn because he'd have competition at the QB position?

Yes, when you consider the circumstances.

He will have to sit out a minimum of one year. If Muschamp doesn't grant him a release to an SEC school, it would be two. But even with one, Jeremy Johnson is coming this season. By the time Brissett is eligible to play, Johnson will have a full season under his belt at least as a backup in this system. I think his upside is better than anything Brissett has shown. That doesn't even count the real possibility that Frazier is going to do well going back to the offense he ran in high school.

He doesn't have a lot of time left to play. I just don't see him going anywhere that he wouldn't be the odds-on favorite to be the starter and I don't see that being the case at Auburn. Would he have a chance? Sure. A decent chance. Perhaps. Odds-on favorite. I don't think so.

I hardly think we're in a position to be shunning potential options at QB. If he doesn't pan out, we have another QB on roster anyways, and his simple presence could help motivate JJ to be a better QB.

Whoa hang on there. That sounds way too reasonable...and i agree

If we have roster space, we might as well welcome him in.

There are too many egg counters around here anointing JJ or KF or whoever to be the next big thing. Our best QB last season was Jonathan Wallace, and he's plenty mobile to fit in Malzahn's system. If Brissett is willing to sit out a year to play here, he has as good a chance as any of AU's current or future QBs to be the starter. I'll be taking a wait and see approach, and I trust the judgment of Gus and his staff to pick our QB and then give him the best opportunity to succeed.

Archived