Where were you 2 years ago right now?

AUgrad00

Having a big time party in Glendale at the game! Afterwards, we went and hung out at the afterparty area where they had the bigscreen, then we went back to the condo and watched the game all over again. Damn fabulous night, WDE!

I was on a business trip in NYC. I missed most of the 1st Qtr and watched the rest of the game from my Hotel room. People must have thought I was crazy yelling and screaming at the TV. I was in Chicago for the AU-AL game that season as well. We decided to take a trip for Thanksgiving. Watched the AU-AL game from my hotel room that night as well. We were so excited.

I think I should travel more when AU is playing. I will never forget those nights.

Well, since it's the day after, I was in Old Scottsdale watching my wife try on a pair of cowgirl boots. And she does look good in those boots....;-)

The day after now... couldn't get back to North Alabama because of the snow... Driving to Sedona, Flagstaff and the Grand Canyon. BTW the southern rim of the Canyon was orange and blue!

At work for the night shift. We were in the middle of an chemical warfare exercise. SUCKED really bad, but I watchted the game on my iPhone that night while my DVR recorded it so I could watch the game in detail later.

Sitting in a bar outside the University of Phoenix Stadium trying to remain calm.

Same here.

Tickets were HARD to come by out there. Couldn't get one from a scalper and couldn't bribe my way in. Still, had a helluva great time and will never forget that night.

The day after, of course, wasn't as much fun. I had to fly back to Atlanta through Chicago. Flight delayed ~3 hours to Chicago due to weather. Missed my connecting flight by about 45 minutes or so. Was told I couldn't get on a flight to Atlanta until Friday due to the storm that had shut down the south. I told them I would be divorced by Friday if I wasn't back until then, just get me to the southeast. Finally was able to get on a flight to Jacksonville. Landed at 1am and got one of the last cars that Hertz had. Drove to near Savannah, stopped off in a motel for about four hours sleep, got up and drove back to Atlanta.

It took a while to get home, but once I did, I sat down and made myself a pot of coffee that I drank out of my National Championship mug I bought at the Phoenix airport!

Texting with my best friend who was at the game with his entire family.

GREAT pictures that will last a lifetime followed.

Enjoying the greatest experience of my life....just being inside the Univ.of Phoenix stadium after the winning field goal, I watched the game again the other night...boy was that fun....it is had to believe that 2 years later, we would have a totally new coaching staff and we're looking to see what is going to happen under Gus...we were the Texas A&M then...kids wanted to come and experience the same feeling that TAM is today...somehow we lost the chance to build on it...

Day of: I was sitting in the stadium after a long bus ride cheering on my boys after winning the student lottery.

Day after: Waking up late to eat the Bellagio's buffet and continue exploring Las Vegas.

Great time at the game. The day before, we had 20 playing golf at TPC Scottsdale. They were already setting up for the Waste Management tournament, so we got to play the par 3 with the stadium built around it. That was really fun, not as fun as the next night, but really fun!

Guest jojo1515

Crappy hotel in Danville, KY (where the VP debate was) with 4 inches of snow on the ground. The only person I had to celebrate with was the hotel owner. They had a flat screen in the lobby and he always watched the games when he was there. Atleast I got to see it though! I must have stood in my room with both my arms up (in Gene Chizik winning pose fashion) for atleast 5 minutes! Good day!

With my wife, in Phoenix. She was having headaches and said she couldn't take the noise. So, I bought some Bose noise canceling earphones.

true+story.jpg

Had a lot of fun.

Flight out without a hitch.

Got to rental car company... free upgrade to a convertible (what?!)

Got to hotel. Whole building smells like tobacco. Wife complains... Find last minute "steal" at a 5 star resort. (what is happening to me?!)

Jan 9, hostess at #1 restaurant almost laughs in my face when I walk in asking for a table that night. 15 minutes later she calls. There was a cancelation at 7:15. Can we be there for 7:15 dinner? Yes. Duck is on the menu. (Awesome) Little Nicky walks through the restaurant midway through our meal. Turns out they are hosting Coach of the Year there.

Jan 10. War Cam Eagle.

Jan 11.

line.jpg

But they held the plane for over an hour. They closed the door right behind us. Denver connection... Barely made it.

Atlanta... Iced in. Luck runs out. Had to stay in hotel for the night.

Great times. Never will forget it.

Oh, what a time!

I was with my wife, two sons and wives, and five grandchildren watching something that I thought I would not see in my lifetime.

Flew out on Thursday sitting in First Class with Charles Barkley and plane full of Orange and Blue. Charles was gracious had someone take our picture with him when we landed in Phoenix.

Stayed with our son that lives in Scottsdale, our other son and his family flew in later on Thursday, and we had a great, great time.

Had club level seats secured by my son that lives in Scottsdale. Pat Sullivan, David Housel, and Jason Campbell were sitting two rows behind us.

Had an early morning flight back to ATL via Detroit. Icy in Atlanta, missed connecting flight, rented car and drove 180 miles on ice covered roads.

One of my best memories and I still proudly wear my Championship gear! WDE!

I was with my roommate from Auburn and one of our best friends from college. We were at the game and as the seconds ticked off we were hugging and my old roommate was crying like a baby.

Archived