2013 4* LB James Hearns (Louisville signee)

ellitor

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't he already graduate? If so, must be trouble with ACT/SAT scores...if this rumor is true, that is.

Strong minded in the force you are Padawan.

Didn't he already graduate? If so, must be trouble with ACT/SAT scores...if this rumor is true, that is.

He was supposed to graduate in December and enroll early but didnt make it.

Decommitted from florida

Yes but little interest from Auburn due to academics and coaches expect Foster and Flowers to sign with AU.

"Florida parted ways with ESPN 300 linebacker James Hearns (Tallahassee, Fla./Lincoln) on Thursday afternoon. The 6-foot-3, 230-pound middle linebacker, who visited Auburn last weekend, said a Florida coach called him on Thursday to inform him."

Looks less like a decommit and more like a "We are no longer interested in you".

http://www.alligatorarmy.com/2013/1/24/3913016/james-hearns-decommits-florida-football-recruiting

Quote from article at alligatorarmy.com

Some message board buzz about Hearns' visit to Auburn was that his transcript still lacked some of the things necessary to be a Tiger. And considering that Florida's admission standards are less lenient than Auburn's, the writing was probably on the wall for Hearns, who is a talented player and might have been able to earn a reserve role as a freshman at Florida. Update: The Gainesville Sun's Zach Abolverdi confirms that grades were at the root of Hearns parting ways with Florida.

http://www.alligator...ball-recruiting

Quote from article at alligatorarmy.com

Some message board buzz about Hearns' visit to Auburn was that his transcript still lacked some of the things necessary to be a Tiger. And considering that Florida's admission standards are less lenient than Auburn's, the writing was probably on the wall for Hearns, who is a talented player and might have been able to earn a reserve role as a freshman at Florida. Update: The Gainesville Sun's Zach Abolverdi confirms that grades were at the root of Hearns parting ways with Florida.

I doubt that "Florida's admission standards are less lenient than Auburn's" that was a cheap shot, and probably incorrect statement. Now Bama...should be no problem getting in.

I doubt that "Florida's admission standards are less lenient than Auburn's" that was a cheap shot, and probably incorrect statement. Now Bama...should be no problem getting in.

I don't know much about the requirements for football players at SEC schools, although I'd assume they are similar across the board (except Vandy and maybe the MS schools). From a straight academic standpoint, UF's acceptance rate is 40% while Auburn's is 70%. However, our students' ACT scores are exactly the same, FWIW.

I got into Auburn in 2009 but didn't even apply to UF..wasn't even close to getting in there. A kid I know at FSU didn't get into UF w. a 3.9 and 1370 SAT.

I can only assume the1370 was on the new 2400 point scale...

Did that kid draw a picture of a gator for his application? Seriously, he/she did something wring if that's true because it would be basically impossible. UF is a great school but its not Texas, Virginia, Michigan, or Cal.

Think this kid is scratching his head today thinking "maybe I should have done a little studying" as 2 major sec programs pass on a very talented kid due to grades. What a freaking shame. Makes me want to scream. What the hell is wrong with some of these kids. It just ain't that hard ...

Think this kid is scratching his head today thinking "maybe I should have done a little studying" as 2 major sec programs pass on a very talented kid due to grades. What a freaking shame. Makes me want to scream. What the hell is wrong with some of these kids. It just ain't that hard ...

He will be fine, Ole Miss has probably already fired up their jet to go see him.

I got into Auburn in 2009 but didn't even apply to UF..wasn't even close to getting in there. A kid I know at FSU didn't get into UF w. a 3.9 and 1370 SAT.

Nah the old lol I don't think that started until c/o 2010 or '11

I thought it was around '05. If this was on the 1600 point scale (assuming it's true, which is quite the stretch in my mind), there MUST be extenuating circumstances.

No names, but I know of an individual who scored only slightly higher on the SAT (1460 on the 1600 point scale) with a 3.3 GPA and a 35 ACT, and this person was accepted to Dartmouth and Brown. He went to a less prestigious school for undergrad, in the end, for a full ride and fewer douchebags. There is no way in my mind UF turns down someone with those scores unless he/she is a felon or humped the dean of admissions dog while wearing a tutu and humming the theme song to Knight Rider.

I thought it was around '05. If this was on the 1600 point scale (assuming it's true, which is quite the stretch in my mind), there MUST be extenuating circumstances.

No names, but I know of an individual who scored only slightly higher on the SAT (1460 on the 1600 point scale) with a 3.3 GPA and a 35 ACT, and this person was accepted to Dartmouth and Brown. He went to a less prestigious school for undergrad, in the end, for a full ride and fewer douchebags. There is no way in my mind UF turns down someone with those scores unless he/she is a felon or humped the dean of admissions dog while wearing a tutu and humming the theme song to Knight Rider.

Ha ya he left the deans's daughter at the front door in a shopping cart

Great, now everyone knows why I didn't get into Florida :blink:

Archived