2015 4* JUCO DE/OLB Dante Sawyer (South Carolina signee)

ellitor

4_776227.jpg

Dante Sawyer, WDE/OLB

Suwanne, GA (North Gwinnett HS)

6'3 / 240 / 4.85

- Obtained AU offer 2/14/13

- Lead Recruiter: Rodney Garner

2012 stats: 96 tackles, seven sacks.

Offers: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Auburn, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, NC State, North Carolina, Ohio State, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas Tech, USC and Vanderbilt, among others.

247Sports: 4* (Top247 - No. 134 overall)

Rivals: 4* (Rivals250 - No. 165 overall)

Scout: 4*

Hudl Highlights

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They also have another OT that's like 6'10" - 360lbs. His dad played at AU....the linemen that sued for a penalty flag to the eye. Total BEAST on the field though.

They also have another OT that's like 6'10" - 360lbs. His dad played at AU....the linemen that sued for a penalty flag to the eye. Total BEAST on the field though.

I think you may be confused. Orlando Brown who was famously hit in the eye by the referee's flag, never played for AU. He played college at South Carolina State. His son who is 6'8" - 345, Orlando Brown Jr., plays for Peachtree Ridge in Suwanee.

I think you may be confused. Orlando Brown who was famously hit in the eye by the referee's flag, never played for AU. He played college at South Carolina State. His son who is 6'8" - 345, Orlando Brown Jr., plays for Peachtree Ridge in Suwanee.

Yeah I boogered that one bad. :sad2:

• 1 month later...

He is gonna be solid next year, interesting to see how he stacks up. There is some pretty darn good football players in his area.

• 1 month later...

Mercy, someone please get Commissioner Gordon on the Bat Phone and see what in Hades is going on!! So much Auburn Buzz in the last week or so.

It's as simple as our coaches actually being able to get on the road and recruit some. They have been balls to the walls teaching the current players in the spring. I like it. Good mix of recruiting and coaching. Now it's time to recruit!!!

It's as simple as our coaches actually being able to get on the road and recruit some. They have been balls to the walls teaching the current players in the spring. I like it. Good mix of recruiting and coaching. Now it's time to recruit!!!

This.

This.

It's more than that on Sawyer. He named Bama and UGA leaders last week but he may not have a committable offer from either school. His size at 6-3/240 is better suited for a 4-3 DE as opposed to a 3-4 DE or JACK LB

He is a freakin ball player too! Would be a great haul to get him and Hand or Thornton.

The coaches are planning on taking 3 DEs so we would take all of them.

With Evans being a LB? So the plan is 3 DEs and 3 LBs?

Possibly 4 LBs with Vincent Jackson as a possibility.

Good! We need all of them.

If Davis can make a full recovery to his old playing self we really won't need 4 LBs in a 2 LB system.

That's where I was going with it, thought the new D system didn't require us to take many LB and we were being select with out offers / commitments.

That's where I was going with it, thought the new D system didn't require us to take many LB and we were being select with out offers / commitments.

The Davis injury may motivate the coaches to take 1 more.

I really like the Jackson kid as well. He is bigger and still growing. The film I saw he seemed to have some natural skills as well.

• 2 weeks later...

New interview with Dante posted today.

A key thing to remember here is while Bama and UGA are his top 2 he fits much better in a 4 man front line and therefore does not have commitable offers from either school.

Archived