2015 4* JUCO DE/OLB Dante Sawyer (South Carolina signee)

ellitor

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really hope we can get Sawyer. We would be on the way to having a stable of DE's to throw at opposing teams OT's.

247 lists him at 6'-03" 240lbs but his Hudl profile says 260lbs. Looking at his film I would say he may be closer to 260. He has agility and athletic ability that is rare at his size. So could he put on some weight and play DT? He appears to have a frame that could handle it.

IMO 6'3"-6'5" 250-260 lbs would be an ideal DE. I like his size and agility, just needs to lose some bad weight and add a little good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Free from KN.

The 4* DE is starting to shut things down a little. Decision will come in August he says.

Has a leader, but won't say who. Says he is starting to feel a lot of pressure.

Auburn is very much in the mix, though. He did confirm that. Garner is a big reason why Link

Free from KN.

The 4* DE is starting to shut things down a little. Decision will come in August he says.

Auburn is very much in the mix, though. He did confirm that. Garner is a big reason why Link

What's your gut feeling, E?

Free from KN.

What's your gut feeling, E?

I would think Auburn is in good shape but I can't say for certain.

I really like our chances with CRG being lead recruiter. They have that long relationship required even though it's his first year at AU. He is smart enough to see how valuable he could be for us being a bigger DE.

6/19/13- Keith Niebuhr predicts Sawyer to AU. That's an important one.

Dante Sawyer's Crystal Ball Predictions

1_604031.jpgKeith Niebuhr National Recruiting Analyst Predicted: 1_57440.gifAUB 6/19/13 12:01AM

247Sports

link: http://247sports.com...utionPrediction

Keith does a good job for 247 sports.

Yes he does WDE. I really like the fact that he has been assigned to Auburn too. We're getting some top notch work there.

1_604031.jpgKeith Niebuhr National Recruiting Analyst Predicted: 1_57440.gifAUB 6/19/13 12:01AM

247Sports

Yes and he is picking good. He is at 91%

247Sports

Was not a huge fan of JC but from listening to him on Bill Kings show on XM in the morning he is rubbing off on me.

247Sports

Was not a huge fan of JC but from listening to him on Bill Kings show on XM in the morning he is rubbing off on me.

Shurburt seems to love him some bammer but at least he can talk objectively about other schools. Bill King on the other hand has become one of the biggest blowhards on radio.

AUC is the bee's knee's.

Wow, Dixie, Bee's Knee's.... I haven't heard that in a while, and I am dating myself just admitting this.

AUC is the bee's knee's.

Wow, Dixie, Bee's Knee's.... I haven't heard that in a while, and I am dating myself just admitting this.

Well at least Dixie stopped saying "Tippecanoe and Tyler too", whew.

AUC is the bee's knee's.

Lol, funny

I blanking out here. Sawyer said the pressure is getting to him. Did he say when he was going to commit. TIA.

I blanking out here. Sawyer said the pressure is getting to him. Did he say when he was going to commit. TIA.

wants to before the season.

AUC is the bee's knee's.

But is he still saying, "Ma, Ma, where's my Pa?"

wants to before the season.

Adding Sawyer would go a long way toward us having a solid 2 Deep rotation at DE in coming years. I like not seeing a drop off in production no matter who is playing.

Archived