Tubby Smith

arein0

He seems to fit the bill for good track record on the court, as well as running a disciplined program as far as I know. Would bring a "name" to the sidelines at Auburn as well.

That being said, if I was Tubby's agent I would tell him there's no way he should take the Auburn job at this stage in his career. He could surely get an offer from a place where its easier to win.

Tubby seems to be a good guy but he always seems to disappoint after a while.

Worked his camp when he was at UK-NOT a good guy. Full of himself jerk. There is a reason his teams start well and end average-poor recruiting d/t his personality traits.

I wouldn't doubt that his rubbing people the wrong way had something to do with UM letting him go, bc his record wasn't that bad.

Tubby seems to be a good guy but he always seems to disappoint after a while.

Worked his camp when he was at UK-NOT a good guy. Full of himself jerk. There is a reason his teams start well and end average-poor recruiting d/t his personality traits.

I wouldn't doubt that his rubbing people the wrong way had something to do with UM letting him go, bc his record wasn't that bad.

All I can go by is outward appearances. Minn. had a checkered basketball past prior to Tubby with major sanctions followed by some losing seasons so one might expect more appreciation for Tubby's work there....but the announcement was pretty "cold".....and it is interesting that none of the media guys jumped to his defense when Minn. cut him loose despite a pretty good run with the Gophers.

He seems to fit the bill for good track record on the court, as well as running a disciplined program as far as I know. Would bring a "name" to the sidelines at Auburn as well.

That being said, if I was Tubby's agent I would tell him there's no way he should take the Auburn job at this stage in his career. He could surely get an offer from a place where its easier to win.

Honestly, as much I like AU basketball, this is the reality of where we are right now. I don't see us pulling a name like Tubby. IF we get anyone new, it will be someone from a smaller school with an up-and-coming type of resume.

Not sure why so many of you folks are on the Tubby bandwagon. Just checking around but I think we still have a coach that appears to still be here for at least another year. Are you guys just beating the air to see if you can force a change that isn`t happening or what. And I am not so sure at this point that Tubby would be an upgrade to any real extent.

Not sure why so many of you folks are on the Tubby bandwagon. Just checking around but I think we still have a coach that appears to still be here for at least another year. Are you guys just beating the air to see if you can force a change that isn`t happening or what. And I am not so sure at this point that Tubby would be an upgrade to any real extent.

We can dream can't we? :dunno:

The guy has 17 20-win seasons in his last 19 years of coaching. He has won a national championship. He wins without needing 4* and 5* recruits, which is how he'd have to win at Auburn. What's not to like?

Now, Barbee will get at least one more year so yes, the talk of Tubby is a pipe dream but he'd be a great catch if we somehow could land him.

Archived