2015 5* JUCO RB Jovon Robinson commits to AU!

McWeagle

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im by no means an expert, but making a quick judgement on the little film I've seen I think the best comparisons go as such:  I think Robinson compares to Kenny Irons (great shifting ability, breaks tackles when needed, doesn't have the best breakaway speed).  I also think Yeldon compares to Mario Fannin (great hands, vision, and pure breakaway speed).  Both have shades of Ronnie Brown but as of now its hard to predict that much development, I think Irons and Fannin are better comparisons for these two.

man are we starting to load up at RB or what? 2012 season looks GOOD. Dyer, McCalebb, Mason, Blakely, Robinson, Yeldon..whos next!?

And add Grant for 2013

But maybe take away omac.  If he has a big year he is nfl bound in my opinion.  Still great to get a big rb like Mr. Robinson.

IMO, Yeldon and Grant will not touch the field. You can't play all those RBs. In 2003, we hardly ever got Jacobs on the field. There will be duds too. Just my opinion on those who will not make it.

So we are recruiting these kids to sit on the bench? Sorry, but that makes no sense at all to me. Yeldon was a back our staff wanted very much from what I read from the AE "insiders". I just don't see our coaches putting in that much time and effort for "back-ups". You are right about Grant. I don't see any way he will play for us this year. In fact, I would bet the bank on it.

Sorry for being "late to the party" folks!  :P Updated the 2012 Commitment List with Robinson's profile! AUSOME pick-up, BTW! This kid's rankings are going to got THROUGH THE ROOF!

:we:

JOVON ROBINSON

7_137958.JPG   jr.jpg

Running Back

Wooddale High School (Memphis, Tennessee)

6-foot-1

218 lbs.

40: 4.4

2010 Junior Stats: 232 carries for 2,196 yards and 36 TD's

2009 Sophomore Stats: 173 carries for 1,675 yards and 26 TD's; 2 INT's and 2 FR's (1 of each returned for a TD) on Defense

JUNIOR HIGHLIGHTS

ESPN Jr. Highlights

More Junior Highlights

2010 HS season-opener against Central HS (Robinson went off for 177 yds rushing w/ 3 TD's in a comeback win)

RIVALS - 4-star ~ #12 RB ~ #3 in TN ~ #132 Overall

SCOUT - 4-star ~ #17 RB ~ #1 in TN ~ #131 Overall

24/7 Sports - 3-star ~ Grade of 87

ESPN - 4-star with Grade 79 ~ #20 RB

*NOTES: While off-the-field, he is a soft-spoken and somewhat reserved young man, on-the-field, Jovon Robinson is the exact opposite! He is the proto-typical running back with a perfect mixture of size, speed, and athleticism that few can match. He is an extremely hard-working young man, and it has shown, as every year he has improved on the field. Robinson burst onto the recruiting scene after a stellar sophomore season, during which he rushed for just under 1,700 yards. He followed that up with a strong showing at a Badger Sports 7on7 event in Tuscallosa, AL, and an offer from the Tide came afterward. Robinson named Bama his "leader" at that time, and several other teams soon followed suit with offers. Rumors of Arkansas and then Memphis being the new "leaders" circled later. Then the state of TN's top RB really stepped things up with a junior-year performance that included almost 2,200 yards rushing and 36 TD's. Auburn started recruiting Robinson early in 2011, and his lead recruiter, Coach Curtis Luper, convinced him to visit AU for Big Cat Weekend 3 back in May. Robinson said that the visit put Auburn in a whole new light in his mind, and shortly afterward, he named a "top 6" with AU as the team that "stood out". Then, after several talks with AU's coaching staff about how he would be utilized in AU's offense, along with fellow top 2012 RB TJ Yeldon, Robinson announced that he was committing to the Tigers after a second visit for AU's 2nd Summer Mini-Camp in July solidified his choice. Robinson says that he plans to major in either nutrition or physical therapy in college.

"It's over," Robinson said. "My recruitment is over. I'm going to Auburn."

Barton Simmons has said Robinson will be a 4 star on the next rankings.

Andy's article has him as a 4* across the board. (under the "full list" of committ's)

http://www.wareagleextra.com/2011/07/16/auburn-gets-12th-commitment-for-2012-from-memphis-rb-jovon-robinson/

Easily my favorite of the RB commitments so far. How is he academically?

There were rumors early in the year that he would have problems qualifying, but people close to him have since said that those rumors were COMPLETELY overblown and that he is an excellent student, who should have no trouble qualifying. I know one thing... he is a VERY well-mannered, soft-spoken young man off the field, and his HS coach and teammates say that on-the-field he turns into a completely different person... VERY vocal leader in the huddle, who HATES to lose and will do anything to help his team win! From reading his comments about what he thinks about playing for AU in the future, you can tell that he is VERY driven...

Per Scout.com

"Every night when I think about it, electricity just goes through my body. I know the fans are going to be in it, ESPN is going to be in it. It is going to be up to me to perform. I will be doing that."

Easily my favorite of the RB commitments so far. How is he academically?

There were rumors early in the year that he would have problems qualifying, but people close to him have since said that those rumors were COMPLETELY overblown and that he is an excellent student, who should have no trouble qualifying. I know one thing... he is a VERY well-mannered, soft-spoken young man off the field, and his HS coach and teammates say that on-the-field he turns into a completely different person... VERY vocal leader in the huddle, who HATES to lose and will do anything to help his team win! From reading his comments about what he thinks about playing for AU in the future, you can tell that he is VERY driven...

Per Scout.com

"Every night when I think about it, electricity just goes through my body. I know the fans are going to be in it, ESPN is going to be in it. It is going to be up to me to perform. I will be doing that."

Thanks Hatch

man are we starting to load up at RB or what? 2012 season looks GOOD. Dyer, McCalebb, Mason, Blakely, Robinson, Yeldon..whos next!?

And add Grant for 2013

But maybe take away omac.  If he has a big year he is nfl bound in my opinion.  Still great to get a big rb like Mr. Robinson.

IMO, Yeldon and Grant will not touch the field. You can't play all those RBs. In 2003, we hardly ever got Jacobs on the field. There will be duds too. Just my opinion on those who will not make it.

You might be right if Tubs and Borges was at Auburn, but Malzahn and Chizik are a different animal....One thing for sure neither you or I will decide who makes it on the field

This 2012 class will be super nasty.... I can't wait to see this 012 class wrecking crew unleashed on opposing teams... WDE!!!

Barton Simmons has said Robinson will be a 4 star on the next rankings.

He will be a 6* across the board before its over!  ;)

It is nice to get another player out of the Memphis area.  A big War Eagle Jovon I can't wait to see you in the orange and blue.                   

:wedance:          :wedance:            :wedance:

Do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight, get down tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

I need to make a trip from Nashville to Memphis this fall to go see JR play! Take an AU sign for him.

Reminds me of ex-Tn. running back Jamaal Lewis!

Lewis could not cut on a dime like J-RO can.

Archived