2015 5* JUCO RB Jovon Robinson commits to AU!

McWeagle

man are we starting to load up at RB or what? 2012 season looks GOOD. Dyer, McCalebb, Mason, Blakely, Robinson, Yeldon..whos next!?

And add Grant for 2013

But maybe take away omac. If he has a big year he is nfl bound in my opinion. Still great to get a big rb like Mr. Robinson.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has the door shut with Keith Marshall (or any of the other backs)? UGA (sadly) looks like a great opportunity for him, though the oline doesn't look good.

Has the door shut with Keith Marshall (or any of the other backs)? UGA (sadly) looks like a great opportunity for him, though the oline doesn't look good.

Was about to ask the same thing. Im tickled to death that JR commited. But does that mean we close the doors on Keith Marshall? I dont see any school turning him down.

man are we starting to load up at RB or what? 2012 season looks GOOD. Dyer, McCalebb, Mason, Blakely, Robinson, Yeldon..whos next!?

And add Grant for 2013

But maybe take away omac.  If he has a big year he is nfl bound in my opinion.  Still great to get a big rb like Mr. Robinson.

I think that only happens if he excells as a returner this year. Pure speed backs at his size do nut usually get drafted very well.

Was about to ask the same thing. Im tickled to death that JR commited. But does that mean we close the doors on Keith Marshall? I dont see any school turning him down.

Keith Marshall, in my humble opinion, is headed to thUGA.

I think it is a done deal.

:we:

And add Grant for 2013

But maybe take away omac.  If he has a big year he is nfl bound in my opinion.  Still great to get a big rb like Mr. Robinson.

I think that only happens if he excells as a returner this year. Pure speed backs at his size do nut usually get drafted very well.

Not saying it is a good idea.  But from what he has said if he has another 800 yard season and a high kr average he is gone regardless.

The coaches are going to have to put all these recruits names in a hat and draw to see who gets the #2 Jersey! Have you guys noticed how many of these commits wear that number!

Nice to see another big back committing. Back a few years ago the Carolina Panthers had "smash" and "dash" in their backfield which nicely described their two leading ballcarriers.  Looks like the AU fans will need to come up with something catchy for our future backfields...RB U is back in business.

Good fit, great back!

All the commits, eh Geno? Why don't you make it two for the weekend?

And add Grant for 2013

IMO, Yeldon and Grant will not touch the field. You can't play all those RBs. In 2003, we hardly ever got Jacobs on the field. There will be duds too. Just my opinion on those who will not make it.

I think Yeldon will absolutely play. He might not stay at RB but he is a very capable receiver so he could move to slot receiver and still be very productive. But i think he adds some weight and gets to around 225-230 much like Ben Tate and stays at RB.  Great pick up for us with  JR. i really think he is going to become a special player, I cant wait to see him in O&B!!!

And add Grant for 2013

IMO, Yeldon and Grant will not touch the field. You can't play all those RBs. In 2003, we hardly ever got Jacobs on the field. There will be duds too. Just my opinion on those who will not make it.

yeldon is the more highly rated prospect

Honestly, i dont see Omac leaving early. He's very good, but he's not the best. We all thought Darvin Adams was one of the top receivers in the SEC and shouldve been drafted, and look how that turned out.

And add Grant for 2013

And add Grant for 2013

[/quote

I seriously laughed at this.  Okay, Coach!  You'll be eating crow in a year or two.

:wareagle:   welcome to the family Javon we are glad to have you. You will be a great player in our offense with Yeldon WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!

Yeldon wont see the field, remember?

Or do you know something he didnt know?

:laugh:

I am by no means an expert, but all of the backs we have recruited and signed will be playing.  If Malzhan's quest is 90 plays a game, then fresh legs in the backfield will be a necessity. 

it does amaze me that even with all this crap going on with other schools not telling the truth about AU

BURN  they still find a way to get the recruits to belive.

Archived