Alabama State Game

Kind of makes "a win is a win" sound a bit weak.

We still can't bunt.

First run came on three walks and a hit batter (there was actually a fourth walk in the inning, but Yak was picked off at first). First hit didn't come until the eighth inning. Win comes on a Blake Austin one out double (five feet shy of clearing the monster) with two on in the bottom of the ninth.

Alabama State is now 19-18 and 1-10 on the road.

Well, it is a win, and it counts the same as the others. Not a good night at the plate but A-State pitched well and played well.

Well, it is a win, and it counts the same as the others. Not a good night at the plate but A-State pitched well and played well.

You're right. But some people are never happy no matter what happens.

If you'd like for us naysayers to stay out of your happy-happy threads, then don't be throwing out bait. See, I was going to refrain from commenting about being no-hit for eight innings by a small college pitcher that never touched 80 mph, but there ya' went and blew my plan. I wasn't even going to mention getting yet another runner picked off base!

Or the two disastrous attempts to bunt in the ninth? To call the first one a single would have been an incorrect ruling in nine year old travel ball. I'm seriously beginning to believe that our bunting philosophy is "just get the bat on the ball" (if we teach anything at all).

Or the two disastrous attempts to bunt in the ninth? To call the first one a single would have been an incorrect ruling in nine year old travel ball. I'm seriously beginning to believe that our bunting philosophy is "just get the bat on the ball" (if we teach anything at all).

I guess I was still trying to be somewhat nice and not mention the bunt attempts. Our manager has no idea about which of his players are good bunters and which simply don't have the knack for it. Any good manager takes that into account before he calls for a bunt. Some players are much more likely to deliver a clean single up the middle than they are to lay down a successful bunt. The guy calling the play should know enough about his team to know who can and can't bunt.

Trust me...I'm not happy with the product the last few years. Maybe I'm in the late stages.... lol

Archived