Yes, Tre Mason can catch squirrels too...

RunInRed

i was thinking the same thing^^^^^^ a little tame?

Most near campus do seem to be pretty tame. They let you get pretty close without freaking out. I have never tried to pick one up though

I'm a little surprised that squirrel isn't gnawing TM's finger off. I used to catch chipmunks all the time as a kid and even those would tear a hole in your hand.

well you let it go or just let it keep gnawing your fingers off???? That would explain why you have trouble typing your posts

McCalebb did it too didn't he?

yes

While I'm not trying to down play the ability to catch a squirrel, with the number of people walking through campus daily, most of the squirrels on campus aren't afraid of humans. Almost stepped on one while walking to my final this morning.

I'm a little surprised that squirrel isn't gnawing TM's finger off. I used to catch chipmunks all the time as a kid and even those would tear a hole in your hand.

well you let it go or just let it keep gnawing your fingers off???? That would explample why you have trouble typing your posts

yes

What were you saying golf ?

well you let it go or just let it keep gnawing your fingers off???? That would explample why you have trouble typing your posts

yes

What were you saying golf ?

who the heck knows i can't remember tomorrow....................... get it

Rabies.

“Small mammals such as squirrels, rats, mice, hamsters, guinea pigs, gerbils, chipmunks, rabbits, and hares are almost never found to be infected with rabies and have not been known to cause rabies among humans in the United States.”

[underlines mine]

http://www.cdc.gov/rabies/pets/

As to chances of having one's finger gnawed off, I've found value in fireplace gloves - very protective. [my wife has cats that bring things home]

Rabies.

“Small mammals such as squirrels, rats, mice, hamsters, guinea pigs, gerbils, chipmunks, rabbits, and hares are almost never found to be infected with rabies and have not been known to cause rabies among humans in the United States.”

[underlines mine]

As to chances of having one's finger gnawed off, I've found value in fireplace gloves - very protective. [my wife has cats that bring things home]

Lol you smashed it

Rabies.

[underlines mine]

Well, I take issue with that statement. My father, one five veterinarians in our family (all AU), was exposed to rabies FROM A COW (confirmed by autopsy). Not a small animal, but certainly an unexpected source as is the point I believe you're driving. My father had to be given the series of injections to ward off the infection. NEVER take chances with such animals of any size.

On a side note, one night while studying I had a bat to drop out of the draperies onto my desk and was in the process of dying......RABID. The house is an antebellum home now located just north of AU and had lots of places for bats to hide.

One thing better than gloves in handling such vermin......a hammer.

If there is ANY danger that you or someone might have had contact, DO NOT use a hammer or cause any damage the the animal's head. For the ADPH lab to be able to check the animal for rabies, it must have an intact head. If you destroy said head and think you may be in danger of infection, your only recourse then is to take the shots or cross your fingers. The second option isn't too smart. Rabies is basically 100% fatal. Only a couple of humans are known to have survived it.

Rabies.

[underlines mine]

Well, I take issue with that statement. My father, one five veterinarians in our family (all AU), was exposed to rabies FROM A COW (confirmed by autopsy). Not a small animal, but certainly an unexpected source as is the point I believe you're driving. My father had to be given the series of injections to ward off the infection. NEVER take chances with such animals of any size.

On a side note, one night while studying I had a bat to drop out of the draperies onto my desk and was in the process of dying......RABID. The house is an antebellum home now located just north of AU and had lots of places for bats to hide.

Sooo..I guess we could say You have bats in your belfry? I long suspected that to be the case with you! :P

If there is ANY danger that you or someone might have had contact, DO NOT use a hammer or cause any damage the the animal's head. For the ADPH lab to be able to check the animal for rabies, it must have an intact head. If you destroy said head and think you may be in danger of infection, your only recourse then is to take the shots or cross your fingers. The second option isn't too smart. Rabies is basically 100% fatal. Only a couple of humans are known to have survived it.

I still say use the hammer......the brains can still give the lab results, just ice them real quick after laying hammer to said rodent. LOL

Rabies.

[underlines mine]

I admit, your cow surprised me, but CDC has known/publicized the risk for some time http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/00001268.htm

As for the bat,

“So be safe; never handle a bat.”

http://www.cdc.gov/rabies/bats/index.html

[underline mine]

Rabies.

[underlines mine]

Sooo..I guess we could say You have bats in your belfry? I long suspected that to be the case with you! :P

Yethhhh Mathter, you thurmithed correctly......both me and golf. Signed Igor

Archived