Yes, Tre Mason can catch squirrels too...

RunInRed

Rabies.

“Small mammals such as squirrels, rats, mice, hamsters, guinea pigs, gerbils, chipmunks, rabbits, and hares are almost never found to be infected with rabies and have not been known to cause rabies among humans in the United States.”

[underlines mine]

http://www.cdc.gov/rabies/pets/

As to chances of having one's finger gnawed off, I've found value in fireplace gloves - very protective. [my wife has cats that bring things home]

Lol you smashed it

Thanks for the encouragement but

Actually,

(though I went to a cow college)

I've been further educated by subsequent posts.

On further study, the practice appears to be potentially dangerous.

So, Tre is fast. That's good!

We can derail a thread faster than Tre and Omac combined!

apologies for my participation, but

any mapping of "threads" on this site would often look more like brushes, or mop heads, or dust bunnies?

ETA (and re: original thread) I couldn't catch a squirrel if it were stapled to a cow

Rabies.

“Small mammals such as squirrels, rats, mice, hamsters, guinea pigs, gerbils, chipmunks, rabbits, and hares are almost never found to be infected with rabies and have not been known to cause rabies among humans in the United States.”

[underlines mine]

As to chances of having one's finger gnawed off, I've found value in fireplace gloves - very protective. [my wife has cats that bring things home]

Well, I take issue with that statement. My father, one five veterinarians in our family (all AU), was exposed to rabies FROM A COW (confirmed by autopsy). Not a small animal, but certainly an unexpected source as is the point I believe you're driving. My father had to be given the series of injections to ward off the infection. NEVER take chances with such animals of any size.

On a side note, one night while studying I had a bat to drop out of the draperies onto my desk and was in the process of dying......RABID. The house is an antebellum home now located just north of AU and had lots of places for bats to hide.

One thing better than gloves in handling such vermin......a hammer.

Whatever argument you were in, you win. Sorry for your loss. That is why I only hunt animals.

So, Tre is fast. That's good!

We can derail a thread faster than Tre and Omac combined!

apologies for my participation, but

any mapping of "threads" on this site would often look more like brushes, or mop heads, or dust bunnies?

ETA (and re: original thread) I couldn't catch a squirrel if it were stapled to a cow

No apologies necessary. I was just joking. Filtering through the garbage is part of the fun!

Rabies.

[underlines mine]

Well, I take issue with that statement. My father, one five veterinarians in our family (all AU), was exposed to rabies FROM A COW (confirmed by autopsy). Not a small animal, but certainly an unexpected source as is the point I believe you're driving. My father had to be given the series of injections to ward off the infection. NEVER take chances with such animals of any size.

On a side note, one night while studying I had a bat to drop out of the draperies onto my desk and was in the process of dying......RABID. The house is an antebellum home now located just north of AU and had lots of places for bats to hide.

One thing better than gloves in handling such vermin......a hammer.

Whatever argument you were in, you win. Sorry for your loss. That is why I only hunt animals.

LOL, I guess it did come across like I was arguing. Sorry about that, but having seen what I have seen I have a great respect for rabies being in animals you wouldn't expect.

I agree, hunting is much better......and not with a hammer.

Mr. McCalebb has doubts?

"It's funny," McCalebb said, "but I don't know if he caught that squirrel or not."

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2013/04/tre_mason_continues_auburns_sq.html

Archived