Jerome Seagears transferring to Auburn

Rednilla

Former 4 star recruit announced today that he will be transferring from Rutgers to Auburn. Seagears averaged 6.5 points in 27 minutes a game last season, shooting 38% from 3 point land. He will petition the NCAA to allow him to play immediately, but if that is denied he will redshirt the 13-14 season and have two years left to play after that.

http://espn.go.com/m...jerome-seagears

I think this is a big pick-up for Coach Barbee and the basketball team. Definitely needed someone to take over the PG spot that can handle the ball and still provide a scoring threat. War Eagle and welcome aboard!

I thought the basketball team was already out of room.

Good point. Wonder if someone else is in line to be processed. Either way, this is probably a good pickup for AU.

I believe Jordan Price transferring made room for Seagears...

It was my understanding that the Price transfer was necessary to get us back under the limit. That would mean that adding Seagears would put us right back over.

Price was needed plus 1 more. You can only have 13 scholly basketball players. We have 7 on roster now and Seagears makes 7 new players. If he is cleared to play immediately someone else has to go.

Edit: Word is spreading Brian Green will be the casualty to make room for Seagears.

I'm only counting 6...?

ADT

Payne

Denson

Granger

Greene

Shaq

I think we're good...

Nope. You forgot KT Harrell.

I'm only counting 6...?

ADT

Payne

Denson

Granger

Greene

Shaq

I think we're good...

Nope. You forgot KT Harrell.

Ahh... Sho nuff! Got me...

Roster for this Fall right now.

Denson

Green

Harrell

ADT

Payne

Shaq

Granger

Dean

Atewe

Delph

Benas

Griffin

Wade

Seagears

That's 14. Someone has to go.

Methinks if your last name started with a "G" and you played b-ball for AU last year...you's guys might want to watch your back.

New out, Greene Jr. to transfer. It made room. Not sure why or how but at this point, I will take a former 4star with playing experience against a freshman averaging 2.6 a game. Good luck to him wherever he goes.

New out, Greene Jr. to transfer. It made room. Not sure why or how but at this point, I will take a former 4star with playing experience against a freshman averaging 2.6 a game. Good luck to him wherever he goes.

That's ok if you think fruit basket turnover is the way to build a team. It hasn't worked for Barbee to date and I see no reason to expect a different result from repeating the same mistake over and over.

PS: What reason is there for the NCAA to waive his transfer year of sitting out? Are they expected to waive their rule because they feel sorry for Auburn basketball or does his family live in Lee County and somebody got a splinter in their toe requiring a medical hardship waiver?

They don't normally approve requests to waiver the transfer rule.

PS: What reason is there for the NCAA to waive his transfer year of sitting out? Are they expected to waive their rule because they feel sorry for Auburn basketball or does his family live in Lee County and somebody got a splinter in their toe requiring a medical hardship waiver?

They don't normally approve requests to waiver the transfer rule.

Probably all the crap that happened with Rutgers head coach but thats all I can think of really.

His coach was physically violent with his teammates, shouted homophobic insults at players, and was fired...oh and the AD knew about it and gave the coach a slap on the wrist.

Breaking news: Seagers transfers to Auburn!

11 months from now....

Breaking news: Seagers, Dean, Delph, Wade, and Griifin are transfering from Auburn! (Just picked some random names to put here)

His coach was physically violent with his teammates, shouted homophobic insults at players, and was fired...oh and the AD knew about it and gave the coach a slap on the wrist.

And that coach has been fired and is long gone. No reason for anyone to leave now, at least not a legitimate reason to grant a waiver of the transfer rule. He could stay at Rutgers under a new coach if he wanted to.

And that coach has been fired and is long gone. No reason for anyone to leave now, at least not a legitimate reason to grant a waiver of the transfer rule. He could stay at Rutgers under a new coach if he wanted to.

Why so pessimistic....sounds like you don't want him to play at AU next year. A lot of folks (beat writers, coaches, etc...) seem to think there's a good chance these Rutgers players will be granted a waiver. Be optimistic about it.

Why so pessimistic....sounds like you don't want him to play at AU next year. A lot of folks (beat writers, coaches, etc...) seem to think there's a good chance these Rutgers players will be granted a waiver. Be optimistic about it.

Right, I think Jerome will provide a spark that is much needed for this team to succeed.

the dang AD - as in Rutgers University ATHLETIC DIRECTOR, was covering up their abusive coach. yes, yes, yes ... he is gone to ... but most kids ... which is what this guy is - a college kid ... may very well want out of a place that had been abusive to him ... he would well be justified in leaving. now what the ncaa will do? who knows. but i would give it a 50/50 shot at success. good enough for me to be optimistic.

Archived