2014 4* JUCO S Derrick Moncrief signs with AU!

ellitor

10530.jpg

Derrick Moncrief, Safety

• Prattville, AL (Prattville)
  • via Mississippi Gulf Coast C.C.
  • Ht: 6-3 | Wt: 226
  • Received an Auburn offer 5/07 while on a vsit to Auburn
  • Lead recruiter is Coach Cheese
  • Expected to be a top juco when full juco rankings come out.
  • Teammate of 5* WR and top AU target D'haquille Williams
  • Will have 3 to play 2 and scheduled to graduate in December
  • Juco highlights

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who did he originally sign with out of high school?

Southern Miss but he never signed. He committed to Southern last January and decommitted late February 2012. Went the juco route. Coach Johnson recruited him.

226 # Safety, who was the last player we had that big?

Lots of 'em are that big but they are all too slow to play DB. Hope this guy is fast enough. I'd rather have a 190 pound safety that can fly but that's just me.

He is from your stomping grounds E, I expect results!

lol. I do to.

Lots of 'em are that big but they are all too slow to play DB. Hope this guy is fast enough. I'd rather have a 190 pound safety that can fly but that's just me.

His position coach at P'ville says he is a legit 4.5 guy.

His position coach at P'ville says he is a legit 4.5 guy.

And he is too. He was a ball hawk for my Lions in 2012. Rung JW's bell a few times too.

I think this is one case where WE have the upper-hand (so to speak) in that CEJ has the long relationship and former committment from him. He can hit and create turnovers and with Cheese as a position coach would it be safe to assume he may be our furure STAR? E?

EDIT: 4.5 at his size is some kinda special. 225lbs is a big kid but he is 6'03" so that isn't like he has a stocky build. His film looks good and his instincts are God given.

with Cheese as a position coach would it be safe to assume he may be our furure STAR? E?

He can play all 3 safety positions but I like his skill set for the free safety type of role more than the safeties we have on the team now.

KK posted on another site that we may get a commitment from him soon (possibly soon as in not long after Tre's announcement)

Kyle Kolumbus@kkolumbo31m

Just saw ($1 to bunker) that we've got a new commit coming!! on TOP of getting Tre Williams!

Expand

it would be nice to have a big headhunter roaming around in the secondary to take out the oppositions big WRs! Hope we get him.

KK posted on another site that we may get a commitment from him soon (possibly soon as in not long after Tre's announcement)

Kyle Kolumbus ‏@kkolumbo31m

Just saw ($1 to bunker) that we've got a new commit coming!! on TOP of getting Tre Williams!

Expand

For those of us using blue background.

Kyle Kolumbus ‏@kkolumbo31m

Expand

For those of us using blue background.

Thanks E, I am true to blue also...Great get Coach Craig!! War Eagle!

The safety from Miami with the last name Taylor was 6'3" 230 lbs and he was elite. If he has the speed and athletic ability to play safety, then I'm all for it!

Archived