2014 4* JUCO S Derrick Moncrief signs with AU!

ellitor

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am from Prattville and saw the kid play. And I have I hard time believing he's 226. He probably isnt 6'3" either. He's a long, wiry guy though.He'll be fine as a DB or star. Great athlete. Great pickup for us.

He was only around 200 as a senior at P-ville, and I think he was more around 6'2...but it's not unheard of for an 18 year old to grow another inch and fill out his wiry body to where he's closer to 6'3, 225. Seeing as the sites are listing him at either 6'3 or 6'4, I'd say it's probable that he is at least the lower of the two.

I don't care if he is 6'-8" & 275! He is a football player! He has instincts that most do not. The majority of this class is that type of player. I expect to see many more hitch their wagons once they see what Gus & Co. have cooking!

What year is he? I wish he would red shirt this season, and transfer to AU w/ 3 years eligibility...

much like Eltoro and Fairley...

I think he is a Dec. grad and a 3 to play 2 guy. I wonder if he could still redshirt and pick up an extra year by now...Mods??

No matter if you are at a 2 year or 4 year college your 5 years to play 4 clock starts the 1st semester you take a full class load. The only thing that extends the 5 year clock is medical issues. If he redshirted this year at MGCCC (which he is not) he would lose his redshirt and then have 3 to play 3.

What year is he? I wish he would red shirt this season, and transfer to AU w/ 3 years eligibility...

I think he is a Dec. grad and a 3 to play 2 guy. I wonder if he could still redshirt and pick up an extra year by now...Mods??

No matter if you are at a 2 year or 4 year college your 5 years to play 4 clock starts the 1st semester you take a full class load. The only thing that extends the 5 year clock is medical issues. If he redshirted this year at MGCCC (which he is not) he would lose his redshirt and then have 3 to play 3.

This is correct, just in case anyone doubts E at this point.

Doubt E? Are you kidding? :)

Doubt E? Are you kidding? :)

It does seem rather absurd, doesn't it? Still, long after I came to terms with the amount of work he puts into keeping up with this kind of stuff (and we can't give out enough kudos for that, E), there were people who doubted him, and I've been on sabbatical long enough that I didn't know how much faith the masses have in him. :D

When I first got to AE many were doubting E. I couldn't figure it out but I watched and it didn't take very long to see that he knew what he was talking about. No he wasn't right 100% of the time but very close. He studies this stuff so I don't have to. (Thank God!) It's still fun to challange him or watch when others do, especially if they think he is flying by the seat of his pants. They are always dumbfounded.

When I first got to AE many were doubting E. I couldn't figure it out but I watched and it didn't take very long to see that he knew what he was talking about. No he wasn't right 100% of the time but very close. He studies this stuff so I don't have to. (Thank God!) It's still fun to challange him or watch when others do, especially if they think he is flying by the seat of his pants. They are always dumbfounded.

Ok ok. Back to Moncrief. It brings happy tears to my eyes to see a Prattville boy choose Auburn. :'(

Ok ok. Back to Moncrief. It brings happy tears to my eyes to see a Prattville boy choose Auburn. :'(

Ahhh, that is so sweet!! Look everyone E has feelings! Lol. Anyway I am with you. That is how I felt with Lawson and Barber. Normally when you take two guys off the same team you were giving a little in order to secure the player you REALLY wanted. Scholarship reductions have changed all that though. We seem to be leading the nation with signing so many teammates. I like it so far though.

So E, what ARE cyborg tears made of? ;)

Ok ok. Back to Moncrief. It brings happy tears to my eyes to see a Prattville boy choose Auburn. :'(/>

So E, what ARE cyborg tears made of? ;)/>

Recycled breast implants...

I don't know...Oil?

I don't know...Oil?

I see. So does that mean you're lying, or you just haven't found out yet? :tease:

I don't know...Oil?

I see. So does that mean you're lying, or you just haven't found out yet? :tease:

You tell me. You called me a cyborg and you are the smart one. So what liquids are involved with Cyborgs?

I don't know...Oil?

You tell me. You called me a cyborg and you are the smart one. So what liquids are involved with Cyborgs?

How should I know? You're the only one I've ever met...

Ahhh, that is so sweet!! Look everyone E has feelings! Lol. Anyway I am with you. That is how I felt with Lawson and Barber. Normally when you take two guys off the same team you were giving a little in order to secure the player you REALLY wanted. Scholarship reductions have changed all that though. We seem to be leading the nation with signing so many teammates. I like it so far though.

I think this can help the kids from those schools too. They have people they already know on the team. It can make them more comfortable. Hard to argue with kids being signed form Prattville and from Milton last year.

Jason Caldwell@ITATJason24m

http://Scout.com updates the juco rankings. AU commit Derrick Moncrief now a 4-star and nation's top safety.

Link to actual update. #1 Safety and #10 overall juco prospect. D'haquille Williams is surprising #2 instead of #1.

• 3 weeks later...

Jason Caldwell@ITATJason24m

http://Scout.com updates the juco rankings. AU commit Derrick Moncrief now a 4-star and nation's top safety.

Link to actual update. #1 Safety and #10 overall juco prospect. D'haquille Williams is surprising #2 instead of #1.

We'll just have to get both then

:wareagle:

is this an "i have a secret, but i'm not telling y'all post" or did you simply want to give a War Eagle shout to Derrick?

Probably a War Eagle shout out and also a shout out because 23 knows Derrick is one of my Prattville boys.

Archived