2014 4* JUCO S Derrick Moncrief signs with AU!

ellitor

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! This is a Terrific week! I am pumped. I think Moncrief will be very good. he looks ready right now to me.

How bout this pipeline from Prattville to Auburn!?

Keep them coming Lions!

We're definitely making inroads! St. Pauls, now Prattville!! :jossun::bananadance::Sing:

Don't sleep on Vigor!

Wow! This is a Terrific week! I am pumped. I think Moncrief will be very good. he looks ready right now to me.

I'm sure he is compared to what we have. But I was just saying he will get a real "hard" look to him by the 2014 season if he EE's.

What year is he? I wish he would red shirt this season, and transfer to AU w/ 3 years eligibility...

much like Eltoro and Fairley...

I think he is a Dec. grad and a 3 to play 2 guy. I wonder if he could still redshirt and pick up an extra year by now...Mods??

If he doesn't play this fall he'll have three years to play three. Now, he may feel some loyalty and obligation to his JUCO school and teammates. I know I would feel like I owed them another year unless it was made clear from the start that I was a one-year deal. Most people that do that redshirt their first year so I don't think he went there with a one-year understanding.

He's going to play in JUCO this year, so he'll have 3 to play 2.

Honestly, he looks like the prototypical star safety to me. CEJ likes his linebackers big, as in the 230-250 range, and the star is essentially a hybrid safety/linebacker. I remember hearing a ton of things about him when he was at Prattville (I grew up about 20 miles due north of there), and I wouldn't be terribly surprised if he comes in and makes an impact from day 1, regardless of how Garrett and Therezie play at the position. As I understand it, he is above average in man to man coverage, even at his height, so athletic tight ends suddenly would become far less of a mismatch.

Moncrief is not being recruited to play the star position. He is a "true" safety...

He is versital enough to play close to line of scrimmage, but his position is out in centerfield! Sean Taylor / Ed Reed type player...

He's definitely being recruited to play the star.

Justin Hokanson@JHokanson4h

Derrick Moncrief is 6-foot-4, 226-pounds right now. He says he was recruited to play the 'star' position. Sounds like an ideal fit.

Cam Chancellor is 6'3 232 so he isn't really too big to play S, but like others said he prob will stick to star.

At 6-3, 226, there's no way Derrick plays in the defensive back field. I think the coaches will move him to either LB or even DE if he gets bigger.

At 6-3, 226, there's no way Derrick plays in the defensive back field. I think the coaches will move him to either LB or even DE if he gets bigger.

:abmbu: I'm gonna need you to pee in this cup Sir.

I am from Prattville and saw the kid play. And I have I hard time believing he's 226. He probably isnt 6'3" either. He's a long, wiry guy though.He'll be fine as a DB or star. Great athlete. Great pickup for us.

I am from Prattville and saw the kid play. And I have I hard time believing he's 226. He probably isnt 6'3" either. He's a long, wiry guy though.He'll be fine as a DB or star. Great athlete. Great pickup for us.

I've never seen him play but his pictures, even current ones, seem to agree with your assessment. Maybe he hits 210 on a good day, which is fine for a DB.

This guy seems like he is built for the "Star" postion. Nice commitment and provides balance and depth in the class line-ups. Going to lose some good guys in the next couple years and looks like Gus is putting together a "succession plan" for the future.

I saw somewhere that he might have a few to lose so I would imagine he plays around 210. Perfect IMO.

Did you see the picture of this guy? I would say absolutely not on lose a few. He needs to play at 225-235. He is 6'-4" and he needs to stop the run. He is where he needs to be to play star. If he drops to 210, he is out at star.

I was referring to an article I read. As far as I'm concerned the bigger the better! I know he talks about playing star but I was told they really wanted him at Safety. That is why I included the weight loss statement. Personally I just want him on the field.

Archived