QB recruiting...

Sean White vs. Brandon Harris  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Elite 11 MVP or 247's #1 Dual Threat - Which one do you want?

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I voted for SW I could just as easily have voted for BH. Accuracy and decision making is what makes the Gus offense go. Running QB is gravy. We know SW has the accuracy we have heard that BH is developing it plus his legs. Decsion making is what will seperate them, Until they play against SEC defenses we have no idea who will have the ability to make the correct instantaneous decision that separates the good HS QB and turns him into a great College QB.

Because SW already supposedly has the accuracy I picked him. Accuracy in these camps is sometimes like watching basketball players during warmups they all can hit everything. When the pressure is on who will keep his composer and form until we see them play against SEC type defenses we are all making educated guesses at best.

Sooo, how will all this pan out? With BH set to commit on the 18th, if he chooses the GOOD GUYS; we're set at QB for 2014, right??

More than likely.

I voted for White because i have a feeling that even if Harris were to commit to us today he'll eventually end up at LSU.

Its important that we get one of the two.

I voted for White because i have a feeling that even if Harris were to commit to us today he'll eventually end up at LSU.

That's a good point. I voted or Harris, but I think there is merit to the idea that with White there may be less competition and maybe we can breath a little easier. There will always be competition for good players, but there is certainly something to being a little nervous about LSU pulling away the home state guys. It has been pretty tough to get good ones out of there lately.

FWIW he has said many times he is shutting down his recruitment and start recruiting when he commits on the 18th.

FWIW he has said many times he is shutting down his recruitment and start recruiting when he commits on the 18th.

That's good to know.

Until we have QB that has proven he is an SEC QB.We should try to get Harris and White.Let the best man win.

Until we have QB that has proven he is an SEC QB.We should try to get Harris and White.Let the best man win.

I would love to see both of them in O&B, unfortunately I don't think that we can afford to lose 2 scholarships on QBs this year. We will need them for next year when the staff cleans HOUSE!

I would love to see both of them in O&B, unfortunately I don't think that we can afford to lose 2 scholarships on QBs this year. We will need them for next year when the staff cleans HOUSE!

Actually they could take 2 as insurance for a QB who may transfer after not winning the starting job this year. With that said, the chances of signing 2 highly praised QBs in 1 class as Harris and White are slim to none.

Actually they could take 2 as insurance for a QB who may transfer after not winning the starting job this year. With that said, the chances of signing 2 highly praised QBs in 1 class as Harris and White are slim to none.

My fault. Thanks for the correction E.

I just think until we actually have QB that can do the job.Signing two QB's would not be a waste.

I just think until we actually have QB that can do the job.Signing two QB's would not be a waste.

Harris has made it plain that he wants to be the only QB that is signed at the team of his choice. I believe he has already crossed a couple of teams off his list based on this.

If that's the case and he's afraid of competing do we really want him?

Definitely not a waste of scholly's to get both, but the reality of having both of these guys sign with us is pretty slim. The offer sheets these kids have (or will have in SW's case, as he is already getting more offers coming in) is huge, and these guys will want to be THE guy at whatever school they choose. I would love to see them both on the Plains, but don't think it will happen.

Probably not afraid of competing, but realizes NM has 2 years, JJ is a freshman, so the competition already in place will be strong if he wants to start immediately/early in his career, as most of these guys do. Having one more elite QB in the mix, and somebody will be looking to transfer after a couple of years.

Harris has made it plain that he wants to be the only QB that is signed at the team of his choice. I believe he has already crossed a couple of teams off his list based on this.

No it would not be a waste. Just rarely happens at a big time school. It's an Alpha Male thing were most QBs want to be The Man of that class at QB as the only freskman QB in a class..

If BH and SW were open to the idea then I would definitely take both of their commitments because that position is such an uncertainty as so many top shelf quarterbacks never pan out, so if we get both then you would think at least one of them will live up to the billing. :-)

If anyone is listening to Sportcall, Bryan Matthews is saying the same thing I did about accuracy being undervalued by fans and analysts and prototypical NFL size and raw arm strength being overvalued.

This is not helping the poll ... but I want White unless CGM prefers working with Harris in whichcase I want Harris. On the other hand I want Harris unless CGM prefers working with White in case I want White. Bottomline for me is I want very much the one Gus considers the best one.

This is not helping the poll ... but I want White unless CGM prefers working with Harris in whichcase I want Harris. On the other hand I want Harris unless CGM prefers working with White in case I want White. Bottomline for me is I want very much the one Gus considers the best one.

I think that is a given for all of us my friend.

Archived