QB recruiting...

Sean White vs. Brandon Harris  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Elite 11 MVP or 247's #1 Dual Threat - Which one do you want?

Only thing this Sean White kid has done was show out at 1 event. There's got to be a reason why he's only a 3-star on Rivals. I prefer to get either Harris or Watson, but it looks like Watson is all Clemson for the time being.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only thing this Sean White kid has done was show out at 1 event. There's got to be a reason why he's only a 3-star on Rivals. I prefer to get either Harris or Watson, but it looks like Watson is all Clemson for the time being.

Rivals overlooking talent ? :dunno:

I consider Rivals the most thorough on their ratings of players. They put more money in to scouting and everything than all other scouting websites.

I thought it would be interesting to do a poll to see where us Auburn recruiting junkies stand on our preference of SW or BH.

Would you rather have the Elite 11 MVP Sean White, who has basically came out of nowhere and shown the college football world that he's one of the most accurate and polished true drop back passers in the high school ranks; a guy that won't beat you with his feet, but will be a great game manager, knows how to throw receivers open and will be fundamentally sound with very few mistakes.

OR

Would you rather have 247's #1 dual threat quarterback in the country Brandon Harris, who has a world of potential in becoming an awesome playmaker not only with his arm, but feet also; a qb who isn't as polished as SW when it comes to precision passing and mechanics, but is extremely athletically talented and has a much higher ceiling than SW when it comes to potential if he's developed accordingly.

I thought it would be interesting to do a poll to see where us Auburn recruiting junkies stand on our preference of SW or BH.

Would you rather have the Elite 11 MVP Sean White, who has basically came out of nowhere and shown the college football world that he's one of the most accurate and polished true drop back passers in the high school ranks; a guy that won't beat you with his feet, but will be a great game manager, knows how to throw receivers open and will be fundamentally sound with very few mistakes.

OR

Would you rather have 247's #1 dual threat quarterback in the country Brandon Harris, who has a world of potential in becoming an awesome playmaker not only with his arm, but feet also; a qb who isn't as polished as SW when it comes to precision passing and mechanics, but is extremely athletically talented and has a much higher ceiling than SW when it comes to potential if he's developed accordingly.

This is the type of mold that we need with our offense. Malzahn would help enhance his mechanics.

I consider Rivals the most thorough on their ratings of players. They put more money in to scouting and everything than all other scouting websites.

He is a 3* on all but ESPN because most ratings are based on pro potential, upside, and prototypical NFL physique not current abilities. If White were Cornwell's or Grier's size he would be pushing 5* right now.

Also on most positions 247 runs laps around Rivals since 247 hired a number of Rivals staff away the past few years.

Brandon Harris because he can get two receivers from state of Louisiana (Williams and either Quinn/Sims) to commit/sign with us. I'd be happy with either Harris or White.

He is a 3* on all but ESPN because most ratings are based on pro potential, upside, and prototypical NFL physique not current abilities. If White were Cornwell's or Grier's size he would be pushing 5* right now.

Also on most positions 247 runs laps around Rivals since 247 hired a number of Rivals staff away the past few years.

I just checked on 247 and it seems as though they added more features to each players profile. Neat.

Rivals overlooking talent ? :dunno:/>

If you want him to be a 4* to prove his worth, be patient bc all of the Rivals gurus were at The Opening and he will surely get that covited 4th star in the next update.

Makes no difference. You can say he only performed well at The Opening, but given that those QBs were nearly all ranking in the top overall 300 of all respected services, he outshined against the best competition in the class.

I have to go with Harris. The running/scramble potential adds a dimension that is need at QB no matter the offense that you run. If throwing abilities are about the same, then try to get the guy that is the best runner.

I believe TAM QB and Heisman Winner Johnny Football was a 3 star. Things have worked out quite well for him.

I believe TAM QB and Heisman Winner Johnny Football was a 3 star. Things have worked out quite well for him.

I still would happily take either one of these 2 talented QB's.

touche

I agree, either one of these QBs are going to be a good fit for Gus's O. I would like to see us sign both and RS one (or both if possible), because (like someone said) NM and KF are going to be SR's next year. Just because you want to sign 1 QB each year doesn't necessarily mean you should pass up on a fantastic QB because you have already accepted a commit in this class.

I just checked on 247 and it seems as though they added more features to each players profile. Neat.

That's sooooo 3 months ago. lol

Interesting. Just checked the poll and it's dead even - 10 votes for SW and 10 for BH.

That's sooooo 3 months ago. lol

Shoot, I haven't been on here or even checking up on recruiting since February haha. Been heavily involved in school and been keeping up with basketball mostly.

Both are going to be good QB's but there is more upside to Harris so I voted Harris.

And Johnson isn't a so called "dual-threat" QB like some have said in this post. He can make plays with his feet if needed but he is a pocket QB.

And White is going to get a nice little bump in the next Rivals ratings.

Interesting. Just checked the poll and it's dead even - 10 votes for SW and 10 for BH.

Give it time. You only createds the poll an hour ago.

I'll vote for Mr. White and my reasoning will be a little different then most.

I see us having a really good offensive line for many years coming up. I would rather have a QB that throws on the money time after time because whoever is named starting QB in the coming years shouldn't have to run for his life.

I'm going with Harris. It's my own personal belief that the days of pure pocket passers are going away. Regardless of offensive scheme, I think that having a Qb that can really make plays with his feet is always a good thing, as long as he is not deficient in other areas. Obviously being a good passer is still the measure of a QB, but if he can pass then adding the run to that is always to be desired imo.

Yet they still miss on many of them just like the other services, which of course is why coaches do their own evals.

Adding to QB drama for Auburn, DJ Gillins will commit today. All Signs point to Wisky now. As you all know the Badgers were thought to be all over Sean White days ago.

Archived