Bama Game #5

Did Pawlowski get tossed earlier? I noticed Rod saying an assistant is doing the interview on the radio.

Not sure, may have just been avoiding media at the moment.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did Pawlowski get tossed earlier? I noticed Rod saying an assistant is doing the interview on the radio.

I didn't see him get tossed. Coach P was the one going to the mound making the pitching changes.

Frankly, neither team was very good today. But it sucks more that Auburn can't even find a way to beat a mediocre uat when it matters. Don't expect much and I really wish getting to the NCAAs wouldn't save CJPs job since these are the typical AU games over the last 5 years. Whether it's his fault or not, a new start is needed for this program.

Oh well....now we wait and see.

And then, it's a New Day on the Gus Bus. Gotta think positive. I really, really need to think positive. :)

And then, it's a New Day on the Gus Bus. Gotta think positive. I really, really need to think positive. :)

Don't we all... been the story of our fanbase as of late haha

You could be a gump.

You could be a gump.

Outstanding post, WarEagle10! That makes it a great day. :)

You could be a gump.

Outstanding post, WarEagle10! That makes it a great day. :)

:hellyeah::wareagle:

Frankly, neither team was very good today. But it sucks more that Auburn can't even find a way to beat a mediocre uat when it matters. Don't expect much and I really wish getting to the NCAAs wouldn't save CJPs job since these are the typical AU games over the last 5 years. Whether it's his fault or not, a new start is needed for this program.

Agreed

I disagree with taking out Carter. He proved he could pitch out of a jam. That one bit us in the butt

I told my wife that was a mistake as it was being done. If the hitter had been thrown out at first, the pitcher would have been left in - same pitch, same hit, etc. It's not like the Turd got a good piece of the ball.

I don't think putting in Dedrick was a bad thing. He's been solid all year but he was clearly amped up before the game and once he gave up the hit, I think he panicked a bit.

The hit and run/delayed steal abortion, whatever that was supposed to be, with runners on first and third in the first inning set the tone (with the #4 hole hitter who had gotten the offense rolling on Saturday at the plate). Pawlowski, whether he realized it or not, told his team he didn't trust them to generate enough offense without his intervention. The result was a strike 'em out - throw 'em out double play and sucked the life out of the offense right out of the gate.

Yeah...I can't put blame on that move one way or the other. I thought Carter might be able to get the job done but it's win or go home game and you have to go with your best option available.

I don't think putting in Dedrick was a bad thing. He's been solid all year but he was clearly amped up before the game and once he gave up the hit, I think he panicked a bit.

The biggest managing blunder was starting a guy at Short who had 16 errors and hit .230, and not taking care of that in recruiting. If you commit 16 errors in 56 games you better be hitting like A-Rod did when he played Short for the Mariners. We could find people on this board who can field better than that.

Saw where Auburn gave up 56 unearned runs this year. Pretty sure we've been towards the top of this category most if not every year lately. Something needs to change. Another fundamentally flawed sport. Fundamentals are square on the coaches, no way around it.

The biggest managing blunder was starting a guy at Short who had 16 errors and hit .230, and not taking care of that in recruiting. If you commit 16 errors in 56 games you better be hitting like A-Rod did when he played Short for the Mariners. We could find people on this board who can field better than that.

Gee E....you should have warned the coach that a guy who hit .320 last year as a soph. would get worse this year. Surprised to see you join forces with the second-guessers on Yak. On the other hand we hired a coach with ML experience with the expectation that the hitting would improve this season.....though I guess many folks on the board knew that Gabe would take the team the other way. And do you really think CJP should have known what to expect out of any of the players this season?

Gee E....you should have warned the coach that a guy who hit .320 last year as a soph. would get worse this year. Surprised to see you join forces with the second-guessers on Yak. On the other hand we hired a coach with ML experience with the expectation that the hitting would improve this season.....though I guess many folks on the board knew that Gabe would take the team the other way. And do you really think CJP should have known what to expect out of any of the players this season?

That was last season. This is a different season. When he was not cutting it with the bat someone else should have gone in. I would rather someone hitting .050 if he made every play in the field instead of a guy hitting .230 who cost the team a number of games all by himself with his completely pathetic fielding. And it would have been much worse had Coop not bailed his arse out a number of times.

I disagree with taking out Carter. He proved he could pitch out of a jam. That one bit us in the butt

I told my wife that was a mistake as it was being done. If the hitter had been thrown out at first, the pitcher would have been left in - same pitch, same hit, etc. It's not like the Turd got a good piece of the ball.

That's been one of Pawloski's more puzzling traits, but he's done it over and over through these past years. A pitcher is going great, there's an error or simply, like today, a weak play in the infield that's no fault of the pitcher's and CJP jerks the hot pitcher. Sometimes the new guy does ok but usually, like today, it's a senseless blunder.

Archived