2014 3* JUCO RB Akeem Judd (Ole Miss signee)

AubTigers

E, Interesting. He looks good. Do we know where he went to HS? Also, is this a just in case offer? I know everyone reallt likes Roc, Choice, Chubb, etc.

E, Interesting. He looks good. Do we know where he went to HS? Also, is this a just in case offer? I know everyone reallt likes Roc, Choice, Chubb, etc.

Not E but if we get Roc, Choice and Pettway I just don't see us taking him unless we have attrition with the RB's already on campus.

I could see us slow playing a JUCO RB just in case Cam or Mason ball out this year and it looks like one may go pro. If that happens we'll need a JUCO guy to help out. But if it looks like both will stay, and the coaches are happy with Ford and Barber i see no reason to bring in a JUCO guy. Just my opinion though.

Not E but if we get Roc, Choice and Pettway I just don't see us taking him unless we have attrition with the RB's already on campus.

The plan is still Auburn to be done at RB if they land Roc. I don't see Roc and Choice both being in this class at the moment.

Like I have said, fine by me. If Roc comes, great. If he doesn't we sign Choice and move on unless someone emerges like Barber in 2013 class. Barber by the way may be the best of them all. I am really anxious to see him on the field for us.

Like I have said, fine by me. If Roc comes, great. If he doesn't we sign Choice and move on unless someone emerges like Barber in 2013 class. Barber by the way may be the best of them all. I am really anxious to see him on the field for us.

I think we could miss both if Bama gets Roc cuz that one will go down the wire.

I think we could miss both if Baa gets Roc cuz that one will go down the wire.

From what I've been reading (which admitidly isn't a whole lot) it seems pretty positive on the Roc front. He and his dad took an unofficial to AU this weekend and he plans to be back this upcomming weekend for BCW. Unfortunately, it's hard to get a read on him because he doesn't do interviews (which IMO shows maturity on his part- he isn't getting into the "recruiting drama" like some... other recruits *ahem* Ruben Foster *ahem*). Is he still that much of a toss up for us?

From what I've been reading (which admitidly isn't a whole lot) it seems pretty positive on the Roc front. He and his dad took an unofficial to AU this weekend and he plans to be back this upcomming weekend for BCW. Unfortunately, it's hard to get a read on him because he doesn't do interviews (which IMO shows maturity on his part- he isn't getting into the "recruiting drama" like some... other recruits *ahem* Ruben Foster *ahem*). Is he still that much of a toss up for us?

With him growing up a Bama fan it will always be a toss up til NSD. There are a number of people in the Auburn family who strongly believe if Roc gets a committable Bama offer even if it comes at the last second then he would go to Bama.

With him growing up a Bama fan it will always be a toss up til NSD. There are a number of people in the Auburn family who strongly believe if Roc gets a committable Bama offer even if it comes at the last second then he would go to Bama.

I just saw his little website where you can ask him questions, WTH? Like yourself much? I wish someone would ask what he is gonna do when he gets hurt this fall? Sabear will not be there to see him through it I assure you. And the Davis committment shows you the difference between the two schools as plain as you can spell it out.

JMO but there are a ton of good 4*+ RBs out there and other than ego, there is no particular reason to get into head-to-head battles with Bama over most of these guys. I'm not saying we shouldn't pursue them but there is no point in getting in the position that if the kid chooses Bama, we are left hanging. ...and again JMO but if some of these guys like Roc end up picking Bama...there are plenty more. Check the videos , physical stats and for most of them you could not tell these kids apart.

JMO but there are a ton of good 4*+ RBs out there and other than ego, there is no particular reason to get into head-to-head battles with Bama over most of these guys. I'm not saying we shouldn't pursue them but there is no point in getting in the position that if the kid chooses Bama, we are left hanging. ...and again JMO but if some of these guys like Roc end up picking Bama...there are plenty more. Check the videos , physical stats and for most of them you could not tell these kids apart.

My thoughts exactly. I am tired of being blindsided. There are plenty of good backs that we can choose from. I say we take Choice and worry about the rest later. I want players that want to come to Auburn as a 1st choice(pardon the pun) and not because their favorite school took someone else.

We currently have 2 JRs, 2 FRs and a JUCO that falls somewhere in there. Adding 2 FR and a JUCO next year doesn't seem out of the question to me, especially since 2 RBs will probably be on the field most of the time.

I respectfully disagree. Yes there are tons of good backs out there. If Roc chooses Bama then no big deal. We will not be left hanging again. With Malzahn's track record of 9 1000 yard rushers in 7 years (I am picking Auburn has 2 more this year) and names like Cam Newton, Michael Dyer (over 100 yards as a Freshman), Darren McFadden, and Felix Jones: many, many RBs will want on board at season's end if Roc chooses the Dark Side. So I say go ahead and go for the grand slam of trying to get Roc because you know if we don't get Roc they we will still get a double at the very least.

I don't know that we disagree....my point concerns the fact if we lose Roc, there will be a half dozen people posting on this board (and you know who they are) saying the world is coming to an end and why can't AU get any good RBs, crying about having to face their Bama buddies, etc. etc. Last year 60 RBs gained more than 1000 yards in Div I (Tre being #60) so the idea that any particular RB recruit is essential....that's just not factual. As you note, to a great extent the coach and the offense makes the RB. I'm glad to see us build up some depth at that position and I'm confident that whoever we end up with, the talent will be there and the coaches will do their job.

I'll just add this; Peyton Barber. Thank you! :jossun:

Good point...he was under the radar when he committed and looks like people have once again forgotten him.

I'll just add this; Peyton Barber. Thank you! :jossun:

Good point...he was under the radar when he committed and looks like people have once again forgotten him.

If Mason and CAP intend to be THE guys at RB they will have to work their butts off. Barber knows how to run the football, 4.55 guy that weighs 212.

EDIT:IMO the Most Underrated Recruit of the 2013 cycle that I know of.

Remember Ford, IMHO he's going to be PERFECT for a critical role in Gusball: the guy that's respected by opposing D's as a real threat both running and catching the ball out of the backfield.

So is his offer from us commitable? I mean just to play devil's advocate, we've got three backs that we signed this year, the guys already on the roster and hopefully Choice, Roc, Chubb or some combination thereof. That loads us down pretty significantly. Thoughts?

Archived