2014 4* JUCO DT Abu Lamin (South Carolina signee)

ellitor

So after his visit a few days ago (looked like he had a great time), are we still behind Arkansas? TIA

Huh? Where are you seeing that?

There was a recent article on him on 247 and he posted a bunch of pictures of auburn on his twitter account two days ago.

I just checked 247 and there doesn't seem to be any new predictions since his visit last weekend. They still have USC and Arky leading and no predictions for us, yet. I have looked but I haven't seen any quotes from Auburn inside sources yet on how things look now.

edit: just put an update article on the next post below from Rivals.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, here is an update article just posted at Rivals by Justin Hokanson (free content). It sounds like he was very impressed with Coach Garner and Auburn.

from the article:

JUCO DT loves visit

1404934.jpg

" "The trip was a great trip. Coach (Rodney) Garner is definitely an amazing coach. The facilities, holding that national championship trophy, being around the players and they were treating me like I was on the team. The academic support -- they made me feel at home," Lamin said." "

and

" "Knowing that if I came to Auburn, Coach Garner has an incredible resume. He's coached great defensive linemen, knowing that if I came there I could be a part of one of the greats on his list," Lamin said. " "

link: http://auburn.rivals...asp?CID=1514793

And I just chexked. There are no articles on 247 free or premium that says we are behind Arky after the visit.

I would say that we are at the top of his list right now, He got to hold a gimmicky and white helmet on his Arky visit pic.

He got to hold the BCS trophy for his AU visit pic.

Like they use to sing on Sesame Street, "One of these things is not like the other..."

Sorry to be that guy but can we update the thread title to 4* Juco DT Abu Lamin? Says he is a 4* on Rivals.

And I just chexked. There are no articles on 247 free or premium that says we are behind Arky after the visit.

So he did visit a few days ago, correct?

Sorry to be that guy but can we update the thread title to 4* Juco DT Abu Lamin? Says he is a 4* on Rivals.

He is a 3 * on the composite which weighs all 4 sites equally so it remains 3* in the title til he is bumped up in the composite which will happen and likely soon. Link

Yes. He was here Saturday-Monday. There have been 2 articles on 247 since then for Abu. 1 free and 1 Premium, neither one says Arky leads and 1 does not even mention Arky at all.

Yes. He was here Saturday-Monday. There have been 2 articles on 247 since then for Abu. 1 free and 1 Premium, neither one says Arky leads and 1 does not even mention Arky at all.

Ok thanks. I thought Arky was his leader a week or two ago, but maybe I am wrong.

Ok thanks. I thought Arky was his leader a week or two ago, but maybe I am wrong.

May have been then but analyst predicted him to SCar. Arky does not seem to be a player at the moment.

Here is an article from Mike Herndon at Al.com posted today, 6/12/13. In it he does say that Arky was his reported leader but not anymore. 247 had USC as the leader and Arky 2nd. Not that it matters because it's all changed now.

"Auburn impresses 4-star JUCO DT Abu Lamin (with video)"

12918362-large.jpg

" Arkansas has reportedly been the leader for Lamin (6-3, 295), who is rated as the No. 8 junior-college prospect in the country by 247Sports and the top JUCO defensive tackle. But Lamin now says he has no leader and plans to be an early enrollee."

link: http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/06/auburn_impresses_4-star_juco_d.html

Any news on how his Florida visit went?

You know the drill Pops. If there is it's likely not a free read yet.

I like our chances to this point and I love both he and Frazier @ DT for us.

Funny you should mention that. It looks like SCar may lead at the moment.

The love part of that should have been; I love the thought of those two @ DT for us. But I do believe we have their attention at least. Some of these kids change their favorite every trip which is why Coaches Craig and Garner get some kids every year that seem to come from nowhere but they were able to get them on campus last minute and end up signing as a result.

• 2 weeks later...

That would be closer to home since he is from NC. I hope we stay on him though. He could play very early for us IMO.

Is this guy widely considered the #1 JUCO DT in the nation?

To be 315, he doesn't look like he has much fat on that 6'5" frame.

I don't think it is unanimous. He is a 3* composite, but a 247 4*, so other services have him ranked lower than the top JUCO DT. IMO he's one of the top 2 and a pretty solid player.

Abu is a heavy SCar lean and is considering no more visits. If he does not visit again Auburn is out.

• 4 weeks later...

Abu probably realized that as long as Montravius Adams was going to be playing on the interior for Auburn he would be getting all of the limelight and didn't want to play in his shadow.

Abu probably realized that as long as Montravius Adams was going to be playing on the interior for Auburn he would be getting all of the limelight and didn't want to play in his shadow.

Because of the pace of our O we will need 4 or 5 DTs that can play at a championship level.

Archived