Peyton Barber workout and interview

ellitor

The stuff about Peyton Barber today was great. He was working out with a trainer through a driving rainstorm. He's definitely not "Small, but ripped", looks more like "Beast mode".

Thanks for the link.

Peyton expresses himself well and It's nice to hear a young man say yes sir and no sir. I'm very excited about this kid. His highlight videos all tend to show he is a North-South runner. Plus it was nice to poke Ole Miss in the eye when he chose Auburn.

I believe he was a little underated during his recruitment by the recruiting services. I am anticipating to see his skills during fall practice. I think he will make a difference.

I believe he was a little underated during his recruitment by the recruiting services.

That's because he missed most of if not all of his junior year due to injury.

Peyton is a powerful runner with great leg strength to run inside and when he runs it outside he doesn't mess around. He will normally plant his foot, make his cut and take it up field. He is my favorite type of running back. The only part of his game that may be just a tad lacking is his top end speed but with the proper training he is going to improve that. Peyton has the potential to be a special running back.

Peyton is a powerful runner with great leg strength to run inside and when he runs it outside he doesn't mess around. He will normally plant his foot, make his cut and take it up field. He is my favorite type of running back. The only part of his game that may be just a tad lacking is his top end speed but with the proper training he is going to improve that. Peyton has the potential to be a special running back.

Malzahn said Peyton runs the zone-read better than any RB he has ever seen or something like that. Because of his HS injury he was overlooked by many and Gus considers him a major steal in recruitment.

Malzahn said Peyton runs the zone-read better than any RB he has ever seen or something like that. Because of his HS injury he was overlooked by many and Gus considers him a major steal in recruitment.

I saw that. Gus is right, Peyton was a very major steal for us. We are lucky to have him.

Stat, in your opinion does Peyton RS this year with Tre, CAP, and Corey Grant leading the rushing attack? Or does he split time? (I know nothings official, just kind of wanting to hear other's opinions)

Stat, in your opinion does Peyton RS this year with Tre, CAP, and Corey Grant leading the rushing attack? Or does he split time? (I know nothings official, just kind of wanting to hear other's opinions)

If you look back at the history of his use of his RB's, he only needs 3 to run his offense. Players like Bray and Louis will also receive a few isolated carries to mix in with the actual ground game. It would be nice to RS Peyton in terms of the future and if the current 3 RB's remain healthy, that will likely happen. With that being said, Peyton is a talented young man so who knows what happens once he begins to practice and plays well. For now, I believe the odds are he will red shirt.

Last year he would have probably been a number 2 back. Lets you know between Gus's O and depth we have now we can breath a little. Losing Javon was the straw last year. So glad we got a fresh start.

Last year he would have probably been a number 2 back. Lets you know between Gus's O and depth we have now we can breath a little. Losing Javon was the straw last year. So glad we got a fresh start.

It's Jovon, everyone seems to misspell his name.

I really like the kids CGM is bringing in.

That is an impressive comment because Mike Dyer ran the zone read very well.

dang I knew that, guess he just wasn't around long enough for me to get it right every time lol Back to Peyton. His film is good but after his video it really makes me really know we got something special and we will probably be the only ones who are not surprised when this guy starts running people over. This year or next year. Big bandaid for missing out on (Jovon) ;) IMO

dang I knew that, guess he just wasn't around long enough for me to get it right every time lol Back to Peyton. His film is good but after his video it really makes me really know we got something special and we will probably be the only ones who are not surprised when this guy starts running people over. This year or next year. Big bandaid for missing out on (Jovon) ;) IMO

Here is a visual reminder.

86328.jpg

Not quite ausburn, LOL! J-O-V-O-N.

Back to Peyton, if anything he is too humble. He is just uncertain as to how good he really is. Saw him play a good bit and at first I could not for the life of me understand his 3* ranking. But by not playing his JR year or making all the camps he was a bit of an unknown. He is every bit the worker that Carl is.

Lawson and Barber from the same school. That is impressive. Not only great ballplayers but impressive people. The high school coaching staff should be proud. As should their parents.

Anybody heard anything on Tony Stevens? I don't want to start a thread and get the dreaded "search is your friend" response. Cause its not.

No indications on him in danger at this time. incoming freshmen qualifying info is in this thread.

I was thinking about this last week. Maybe we should move the incoming class thread over here to the football board instead of having it on the recruiting board.

I was thinking about this last week. Maybe we should move the incoming class thread over here to the football board instead of having it on the recruiting board.

I don't have a problem with that. We already have open threads on a couple of signees not at Auburn yet.

Archived