Saban

imaolgatiger

Julio was never the type of WR he could have been because he played at Alabama. Run the ball and play great D is what they do. If he was at Oklahoma St. he would have been a better Dez Bryant. Julio is that good as much as I hate to say it but his college choice made him only an average WR statistically. Either way he turned that mediocre college stat line into a top 10 draft pick which is what players ultimately want.

I thought he had hands of stone. Thought the Falcons were pulling a typical Falcon move trading away all they did to get him. That shows what I know.

I always thought the same thing about Jones. He never "stood out" like that Cooper kid did last year.

On a side note, from what I hear Cooper ain't the best WR they've got on campus either.... They will have a nasty WR corp. And if NS will let AJ air it out more and stop pounding the running game so much, they could be a fun offense to watch.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Julio was never the type of WR he could have been because he played at Alabama. Run the ball and play great D is what they do. If he was at Oklahoma St. he would have been a better Dez Bryant. Julio is that good as much as I hate to say it but his college choice made him only an average WR statistically. Either way he turned that mediocre college stat line into a top 10 draft pick which is what players ultimately want.

I thought he had hands of stone. Thought the Falcons were pulling a typical Falcon move trading away all they did to get him. That shows what I know.

I always thought the same thing about Jones. He never "stood out" like that Cooper kid did last year.

On a side note, from what I hear Cooper ain't the best WR they've got on campus either.... They will have a nasty WR corp. And if NS will let AJ air it out more and stop pounding the running game so much, they could be a fun offense to watch.

If it ain't broke don't fix it...I don't see Saban changing his formula. If he did though it would be entertaining to watch their WR group do what they do.

Amazing to see everyone taking the bait again this year. Roc=Bama

I'm with you on this riptide...fool me once shame on you, fool me twice.....

Roc wouldn't be fooling you twice. It would be his first time. But, if you were fooled by, say, Calloway, Kwanjo, Foster, Liner and Yeldon, then you'd be getting fooled for the sixth time!

Roc wouldn't be fooling you twice. It would be his first time. But, if you were fooled by, say, Calloway, Kwanjo, Foster, Liner and Yeldon, then you'd be getting fooled for the sixth time!

The only one in that group that really hurt my feelings was Yeldon.

Same here. He's the only football player I've actually thought of with ill-will at all.

Same here. He's the only football player I've actually thought of with ill-will at all.

Liner was going to be, but Gus put a stop to it thankfully.

I think we will look back and be glad we didnt get Liner or Foster. I know we are glad we didnt get Calloway.

Are you implying off the field issues? Sometimes it just takes a strong role model in someones life for them to turn it around. Also Saban is generally pretty good at keeping his players in line. I think in a few years they could be a thorn in our sides. I wish we did get them.

Liner was going to be, but Gus put a stop to it thankfully.

I wish we would've gotten Cyrus K. That dude is an All-American this year. Yeldon, I wish we would've gotten. Foster, has potential to be Ray Lewis-like. Liner, replaced him with better. Calloway, hasn't done anything but act.

I agree guys. Not saying to stop recruiting him because anything can happen, but put more effort into other options. If bama wants him bad enough or wants to keep him away from Auburn bad enough they have no problem thinking outside the box (NCAA compliance) to make it happen.

War Eagle !

I think we will look back and be glad we didnt get Liner or Foster. I know we are glad we didnt get Calloway.

Are you implying off the field issues? Sometimes it just takes a strong role model in someones life for them to turn it around. Also Saban is generally pretty good at keeping his players in line. I think in a few years they could be a thorn in our sides. I wish we did get them.

Btw, sabbin doesn't keep his players "in line" he keeps the TPD in line. Look at his players once they get out from under his wing of protection.

Back to Roc, Auburn should look elsewhere, he's a "anywhere but Auburn" type prospect. I have a feeling this staff realizes that...like they did with Liner.

Back to Roc, Auburn should look elsewhere, he's a "anywhere but Auburn" type prospect.

What does that mean? Roc is a Caddy clone and would fit very well in out offense. And no the staff should no look elsewhere. With Pettway on board the staff does not feel there is another need at RB in this class. Roc is a very, very ,very nice want.

Back to Roc, Auburn should look elsewhere, he's a "anywhere but Auburn" type prospect.

What does that mean? Roc is a Caddy clone and would fit very well in out offense. And no the staff should no look elsewhere. With Pettway on board the staff does not feel there is another need at RB in this class. Roc is a very, very ,very nice want.

It means the REC have him labeled as a "Anywhere but Auburn" prospect. I'd love for him to sign with Auburn, he'd be a perfect fit for Malazhn's system, but he's a uat prospect...if they don't want him (Journette is their #1 guy), they aren't going to allow him to go to Auburn.

It means the REC have him labeled as a "Anywhere but Auburn" prospect. I'd love for him to sign with Auburn, he'd be a perfect fit for Malazhn's system, but he's a uat prospect...if they don't want him (Journette is their #1 guy), they aren't going to allow him to go to Auburn.

I personally think all of that crap is overblown. I think in most cases it's Bammer parents that force kids away from Auburn. Only time will tell but if Roc's dad sticks to his word and let's Roc make his own choice I think Auburn has a good shot. The staff is being smart here too. They are recruiting Roc's parents as much as they are Roc. If published reports are correct, it's working because they are impressed with the staff.

I personally think all of that crap is overblown. I think in most cases it's Bammer parents that force kids away from Auburn. Only time will tell but if Roc's dad sticks to his word and let's Roc make his own choice I think Auburn has a good shot. The staff is being smart here too. They are recruiting Roc's parents as much as they are Roc. If published reports are correct, it's working because they are impressed with the staff.

Lets look at "bammer parents". If they went to bama I would agree that they would try to steer them toward bama. If they did not attend college I think most folks lean to the state named university. I will also say that if they want their kid to have an NFL option bama is a proven commodity. If they are still open to Auburn, bama has shown time and time AGAIN they will do what is necessary to have someone "see the light" and turn them into "bama parents" if they can be bought. On this board there are people from every decade back to the 60s (probably) that know of things bama has done to secure players or make them eligible that are not in compliance. I am not saying Auburn is a white as the driven snow, but bama enjoys media protection like the damn mafia. Anyone that grew up in Alabama knows this and if they have moved around they will probably tell you they never encountered another state media that protected/covered up for a university like the bama press does for bama. I grew up in Mobile and lived in FL (twice) , LA, TX and NC. My job has covered these states in addition to VA & WV and I have never seen anything like what happens in Alabama.

War Eagle !

Lets look at "bammer parents". If they went to bama I would agree that they would try to steer them toward bama. If they did not attend college I think most folks lean to the state named university. I will also say that if they want their kid to have an NFL option bama is a proven commodity. If they are still open to Auburn, bama has shown time and time AGAIN they will do what is necessary to have someone "see the light" and turn them into "bama parents" if they can be bought. On this board there are people from every decade back to the 60s (probably) that know of things bama has done to secure players or make them eligible that are not in compliance. I am not saying Auburn is a white as the driven snow, but bama enjoys media protection like the damn mafia. Anyone that grew up in Alabama knows this and if they have moved around they will probably tell you they never encountered another state media that protected/covered up for a university like the bama press does for bama. I grew up in Mobile and lived in FL (twice) , LA, TX and NC. My job has covered these states in addition to VA & WV and I have never seen anything like what happens in Alabama.

War Eagle !

Glad im not the only one who knows for a fact this stuff actually happens

• 2 weeks later...

I also believe Satan is not going anywhere anytime soon. The only way I see Weeman leaving is if some NFL team comes calling driving an armored car full of money up to his house...and even then, maybe.

I also believe Satan is not going anywhere anytime soon. The only way I see Weeman leaving is if some NFL team comes calling driving an armored car full of money up to his house...and even then, maybe.

Bama will beat any offer he gets.

And they should - considering the millions he has stuffed into those UAT coffers over the last few years. He's a cash cow for UAT, and IMO no NFL franchise would be willing to take a chance on a guy that already proved he couldn't hack it in the pro's.

And they should - considering the millions he has stuffed into those UAT coffers over the last few years. He's a cash cow for UAT, and IMO no NFL franchise would be willing to take a chance on a guy that already proved he couldn't hack it in the pro's.

To repeat myself, I only see Saban leaving if or when the NCAA actually comes knocking...and under such circumstances the NFL would seem a better escape route than another college job where he could be followed with a "show cause" order. It was NCAA troubles and the resulting insider politics that drove Stallings into retirement. I don't expect Saban's success at Bama to drop to the point of them clamoring for his firing for many years (if ever), although I do expect other programs--like us, aTm, maybe others--to become more competitive and challenge uat's dominance. Once you have a statue and god-like status in West Vance, it takes a lot to get fired, although it is worth noting that even with his MNC's in the mid-'60's, the inbred masses were becoming disenchanted with Bear just before he introduced the Wishbone and rode it to even greater success in the 1970's.

Archived