Saban

imaolgatiger

Freeze moves up and out of ole miss, Morris moves in and dw follows him there ...

Freeze will not be going anywhere after this year. Ole Miss is better but their schedule is tougher. I have them going 5-7 this season.

Doubt Freeze goes anywhere soon. Even if they improved, which I doubt they do, where is he gonna go?

bammer when shorty goes to Texas..... :nopityA:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Freeze moves up and out of ole miss, Morris moves in and dw follows him there ...

Freeze will not be going anywhere after this year. Ole Miss is better but their schedule is tougher. I have them going 5-7 this season.

Doubt Freeze goes anywhere soon. Even if they improved, which I doubt they do, where is he gonna go?

That actually wouldn't surprise me too much, though I doubt Bammer goes after Ole Miss' coach in that case. More likely they'd make a play at Jimbo Fischer or Bob Stoops.

That actually wouldn't surprise me too much, though I doubt Bammer goes after Ole Miss' coach in that case. More likely they'd make a play at Jimbo Fischer or Bob Stoops.

I thought the reason why Bammer kept Smart under their thumb was so he could be Shorty's spare? Texas will be looking for a HC after this year when they underachieve yet again....

I thought the reason why Bammer kept Smart under their thumb was so he could be Shorty's spare? Texas will be looking for a HC after this year when they underachieve yet again....

That may be so, but count me among those who question Smart's ability to be a head coach. I think Bama is more likely to go after a more proven head man.

I don't think it matters. I think at this point Saban wants to stay at Bama to try to tie or pass Bear Bryant's championship totals. I consider Saban leaving Bama just wishful think by Auburn fans at this point.

I think Dabo is as likely as Smart to replace Saban, if Clemson continues to do well.

i seriously doubt any big boy schools from the SEC would hire Dabo as head coach.

I think Dabo is as likely as Smart to replace Saban, if Clemson continues to do well.

I actually think that's a decent call. He'd sure as hellfire take that job, so full of bammer is he. Of course, I don't think either one of them will get it unless at least one NFL coach turns it down.

I don't think it matters. I think at this point Saban wants to stay at Bama to try to tie or pass Bear Bryant's championship totals. I consider Saban leaving Bama just wishful think by Auburn fans at this point.

^^This^^ This man is worshiped among the uat followers. He knows he has a good thing and calls all the shots. I don't look for him to leave anytime soon.

Saban will hand pick his successor like Bear did with Perkins. And the sure bet is Kirby Smart with Saban hanging around for a 1 year tutoring session.

I dont want him to leave just yet. I want gus to hang a bunch of points on his defense!!

I dont want him to leave just yet. I want gus to hang a bunch of points on his defense!!

I want that to happen this year, and I want it to be what pushes him back to the NFL.

I want that to happen this year, and I want it to be what pushes him back to the NFL.

I finally figured out who the people were that asked for all of the good toys at Christmas time and why I was the one who got stuck with socks and underwear. Can't forget about those toboggan hats that tied under the chin with the poofy ball up top and the corny design on it. Thanks guys!!!

The only thing that matters now is trying to analyze where we need to be when Savan leaves and then get there. No one will hang points on Bama until several years after he leaves, whenever that is. The financials at Bama show that whatever ever they pay him shows a handsome return. A master's thesis in the Business College recently tried to prove an amount of additional revenue a national championship was worth to a university. It was a very very large number. Much more than they pay Saban. So money is not an issue. Just his interest level in staying.

doesnt matter who they bring in there after saban leaves UAT. they will have another 25 year period of fired coaches and on and off probation to look forward to over there.........

Ole Miss had a pretty tough schedule last year as well. They had to play Georgia, Alabama, AND LSU on the road. The team that beat Pitt in the Compass Bowl was very different from the team that opened the year. They did what we failed to do over the past two years--IMPROVE. They return 18-19 starters. I have them going 9-3--losses to Turds (though if anyone outside of A&M is going to beat Turds in regular season, it's either Ole Miss or LSU), A&M and an upset at MSU, who I think goes 5-7.

I wish I could read a thread without anyone highjacking the thread to talk about shorty and program. ....

Our fans talk about Saban jsut as much as Bama fans....

^^This^^ This man is worshiped among the uat followers. He knows he has a good thing and calls all the shots. I don't look for him to leave anytime soon.

Yeah, my guess--and I could certainly be wrong--is that Saban would only leave Tuscaloosa at this point to escape the long arm of the NCAA if/when he saw them coming. And even if that happens, the NCAA could follow him with a "show cause" order in the college ranks, so the NFL might be his best escape route. Also at the moment, I think Kirby Smart is considered the heir apparent by most Bammers, but that also could change. (I admit it'll be interesting to see if UAT falls back into the "hire an insider or one of Saban's boys" mode as they did so often during their "we need a Bear Bryant connection or home-grown boy" days after Bryant's retirement, or if they learned their lesson from the Ray Perkins/Mike Dubose/Mike Shula experiments and immediately look for an outsider. "Tradishun" and a UAT connection remain strong on the Dark Side, if only to keep the skeletons safely in the closet.)

Unfortunately UAT is the best team in college football right now. As much as I despise their coaches and team I do respect the way they play to their strengths and right now they are top dog. I think in a couple years Auburn will reach that same dominate role and UAT will be envious of us. War Eagle

Finally, an elite WR that actually understands the bammer offensive scheme!!! I know it's difficult to image bammer being any better over the past several years, but just think what they could have done had they REALLY utilized Julio Jones to his potential. They also had a couple more really good receivers at the same time.

I look forward to Denson, Coates, Louis, Uzomah, Reed, Bray, Stevens and Robinson bring to the field this season. I love the run game, but can't wait to see Auburn be multi-dimensional in moving the ball at will against our opponents.

Very true, no player on UA has scared me as much as Julio. Guy was a complete beast. A game breaker. Really loved when we made him quit in 2010

Finally, an elite WR that actually understands the bammer offensive scheme!!! I know it's difficult to image bammer being any better over the past several years, but just think what they could have done had they REALLY utilized Julio Jones to his potential. They also had a couple more really good receivers at the same time.

I look forward to Denson, Coates, Louis, Uzomah, Reed, Bray, Stevens and Robinson bring to the field this season. I love the run game, but can't wait to see Auburn be multi-dimensional in moving the ball at will against our opponents.

Very true, no player on UA has scared me as much as Julio. Guy was a complete beast. A game breaker. Really loved when we made him quit in 2010

Thats rite^^

Amari Cooper? I think he is far better than Julio was as a freshman

Archived