2014 4* QB Sean White commits to AU!

ellitor

Still a chance for him to end where he should be in the rankings. His measurables will still keep him from being a 5*, but he should be a consensus high 4*.

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So he looks like an SEC QB and he's coming to AU...what's the big deal about how many stars he has? Why is everyone so hung up on these ratings...which mean nothing after he arrives on campus. Blake Bortles, the kid that torched Baylor last night was a 3* and 44th ranked QB when he got out of HS.

I know E thinks Sean plays like Kellen Moore, which I think would be great. No one might agree with me but after watching him today I thought Sean looked a lot like Aaron Murray. He was very accurate, avoided the rush, could run if needed and aged cool under pressure.

I know E thinks Sean plays like Kellen Moore, which I think would be great. No one might agree with me but after watching him today I thought Sean looked a lot like Aaron Murray. He was very accurate, avoided the rush, could run if needed and aged cool under pressure.

He is listed about the same size as NM which is plenty big enough...and the Murray reference is pretty good....similar size and very cool under a rush and fast enough to get away from trouble. Gus will help this guy give opposing defenses fits in years to come.

Offense is all about getting a 6' 5" or taller QB who can stand still in a pocket, see over his linemen, and throw the ball. Don't you guys know that? The other stuff is just high school. :homer:

Realistically, is it possible for Sean White to jump into the Rivals100? I need a non-bias opinion from someone not with heavily shaded O&B glasses.

Realistically, is it possible for Sean White to jump into the Rivals100? I need a non-bias opinion from someone not with heavily shaded O&B glasses.

He's at 187 now. While 87 spots is a ton to jump, he got MVP of the all-American game and won the skills challenge, so it wouldn't shock me. If he doesn't get it I'd expect him to be really close

IMO he is more an Aaron Murray type bc he is sneaky mobile. Looked like he had pretty good pocket awareness and an ability to run like Aaron Murray. Either way, I'm thrilled he is coming to AU! War eagle Mr. White!

He's at 187 now. While 87 spots is a ton to jump, he got MVP of the all-American game and won the skills challenge, so it wouldn't shock me. If he doesn't get it I'd expect him to be really close

That's what I was thinking. While I do believe he has the skill set to possibly be in the top 100, his previous rankings just kept him too far behind. I know rankings, stars, etc. don't mean all that much, but I think the appeal really does go a long way to the coaches. It does to me, too, and I'm sure it does to many others.

E is usually pretty good with understanding what kind of number jump a kid can expect. We may need to pull together to get E a computer so he will have more availability to us. E, little help here. I know you said you would not be available last night. Must have had hot date.

Not stating anything new with this post, but I watched a good bit of the all star game last night and White really impressed me. His pocket presence and touch on the ball are just off the charts. He has a really strong arm (not elite) as well as proved by his performance in the skill competition. Very excited about the idea of White playing QB for AU in a few years.

I will ask Mike Farrell.

E is usually pretty good with understanding what kind of number jump a kid can expect. We may need to pull together to get E a computer so he will have more availability to us. E, little help here. I know you said you would not be available last night. Must have had hot date.

Let me know where I can send my $10 donation. I would give more but I'm a poor musician in Birmingham.

In the Under Armour QB Skills test that Sean won I understand that he tied for a first with a 65 yard pass. I also heard that he had good zip on the ball throughout the practice and I saw he had good zip on the ball during the game. The two areas that supposedly hurt him was arm strength and size. He didn't grow so he will continue to be like Drew Breese and be to small but did the All Star outing change peoples views on his arm strength?

In the Under Armour QB Skills test that Sean won I understand that he tied for a first with a 66 yard pass. I also heard that he had good zip on the ball throughout the practice and I saw he had good zip on the ball during the game. The two areas that supposedly hurt him was arm strength and size. He didn't grow so he will continue to be like Drew Breese and be to small but did the All Star outing change peoples views on his arm strength?

FIFY and time will tell on arm strength perceptions.

I will ask Mike Farrell.

What did he say? :beer2:

Has not replied to my tweet yet.

I will ask Mike Farrell.

What did he say? :beer2:

Has not replied to my tweet yet.

You didn't say tweet him you said you were going to ask him.

In the Under Armour QB Skills test that Sean won I understand that he tied for a first with a 65 yard pass. I also heard that he had good zip on the ball throughout the practice and I saw he had good zip on the ball during the game. The two areas that supposedly hurt him was arm strength and size. He didn't grow so he will continue to be like Drew Breese and be to small but did the All Star outing change peoples views on his arm strength?

My takeaway is that he has adequate size and more than adequate arm strength. Add that to deadly accuracy and more than adequate mobility- which, to me, was more evident in his highlight film than the other aspects- and I am of the opinion that he is physically capable of being a fantastic SEC quarterback. The unknowns still loom large- mental acumen, durability, what the rest of our offense (personnel, staff, philosophy) will look like, etc- but those same unknowns apply to every recruit and cannot be changed, so there's no use in dwelling on them.

If this kid can handle pressure and make good decisions, has serviceable OLs and WRs and doesn't have Scot Loeffler for an OC, then he will be a good one.

One other thing: Aaron Murray is listed on Wikipedia at 6'1, 208. Sean White will play at or above those measurables. I would take Aaron Murray playing for Guz Malzahn every day and twice on Sunday.

I totally agree McLoofus. I would take another Murray type, any day. Murray was a highly recruited kid out of FL. To me, and I mentioned it early yesterday, I think White looks, throws, and has pocket awareness like Murray. I also think White is at least as big or just a bit bigger than Murray. Based on the recent pics sent out showing our 6 commits at UA, White looks 6'2". He is not a tiny guy playing QB, and he has very good arm strength and excellent accuracy throwing he ball.

Yesterday, he showed on multiple occasions his ability to run one way, and throw with power all the way across the field with accuracy.

AJC article this morning mentioned the two Auburn commits from Georgia in the game, but failed to mention Sean as the MVP. i understand the focus on Georgia athletes, but the article would lead one to think that Lorenzo Carter was the MVP. Carter hasn't had a good year and the last I read he was in jeopardy of losing a star, so perhaps he helped himself.

http://www.ajc.com/weblogs/college-recruiting/2014/jan/02/georgia-5-stars-shine-all-star-game/

Archived