2014 4* QB Sean White commits to AU!

ellitor

There is nothing wrong with having your QB take over for his last 2 years, in fact, that is the way many programs try to do things. If SW redshirts in 2014 he will be a RFreshman when JJ is a Junior and that would be a perfect 2 year separation. As far as a chip on Sean's shoulder, he has received his props from ESPN, 247 and Rivals but he still has that moronic final QB ranking from Scout. He can use that as his chip.

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is nothing wrong with having your QB take over for his last 2 years, in fact, that is the way many programs try to do things. If SW redshirts in 2014 he will be a RFreshman when JJ is a Junior and that would be a perfect 2 year separation. As far as a chip on Sean's shoulder, he has received his props from ESPN, 247 and Rivals but he still has that moronic final QB ranking from Scout. He can use that as his chip.

Sean is too short and JJ is too tall!! :bananadance: :party:

Bammer!

I am so glad AU was in on White early. Heard he had a great time at AU last weekend. I am happy for that too. Congrats Sean on moving to #4 pro style QB on Rivals. Well deserved!

Dagnabbit, I hate when that happens.

Sean is too short and JJ is too tall!! :bananadance:/> :party:/>

Drew Brees is too short and got SB ring. Bammer!

He's not playing over Johnson. I think many should wonder will he beat out Treon Harris if he were to sign

Have you ever seen Sean play? Frankly, I hope they both will get 2 years each to start. That is my hope.

Don't hate me for this comparison, but does anyone else think Sean White reminds them of Greg McElroy? Not just football smart, but genuinely intelligent, good, but not great arm, excellent field vision, makes the throws when necessary, slightly on the shorter side for a pro-style QB, has the wheels to pick up a first down on a scramble or a boot, but isn't gonna break any 50 yarders. Like Greg McElroy, Sean will probably taking over his redshirt junior year. Please tell me I'm crazy but I've just been mulling this over and the more I think about it, the more I see it. Plus I wouldn't mind the end result, regardless of whether he was a care-taker or game-changer, he got his ring in 2009.

Well, If he is as efficient as Greg was in college, sounds like a winner to me. Greg never went out there and just "won the game" for his team, but he also never lost the game for them. I'd like for AU to experience a QB like that since other that the guy at Tulsa who was a complete beast (albeit in a weak conference) Gus has not had many QBs like Greg.

Reminds me more of Danny Wuerffel, ability wise. He is good at getting the ball in the hands of playmakers and excels at ball protection. In the UAASG, it looked to me like he understand the assignments of his teammates better than the other QB's. When he had to avoid pressure, he always seem to know instantly where his recievers were. Seems he was quick to pick up what the offensive coaches were installing. That was impressive to me.

Reminds me more of Danny Wuerffel, ability wise. He is good at getting the ball in the hands of playmakers and excels at ball protection. In the UAASG, it looked to me like he understand the assignments of his teammates better than the other QB's. When he had to avoid pressure, he always seem to know instantly where his recievers were. Seems he was quick to pick up what the offensive coaches were installing. That was impressive to me.

Better arm and more mobil in the pocket than DW. Not sure if he will get to DW's accuracy though. Someone mentioned Aaron Murray a few times and I feel that is the best example for SW.

Even with the bump, I don't think Sean is rated high enough. Obviously I have some bias, but I'd be interested seeing the credentials of those ranked above him. Also, why is his arm still in doubt to some, did he not throw it almost 70 yards at the UA skills competition? Seems like plenty of distance to me and his short/intermediate throws are laser quick.

I don't see how anyone could be more accurate than SW at this stage of his career.

He is very accurate but DW was insanely accurate his last 2 years at Florida. I am not saying Sean will not get to that point but not going to assume he will either.

I don't see how anyone could be more accurate than SW at this stage of his career.

He is very accurate but DW was insanely accurate his last 2 years at Florida. I am not saying Sean will not get to that point but not going to assume he will either.

Well, if we are going that way we have to get better WRs. DW was nothing without Anthony, and well, I forget the rest, but they were a great WR corp. I really would like to see CGM pass heavy offense once we establish the D. I think it would be as good as our run O this year. Which is one of the greatest in College football history.

Don't hate me for this comparison, but does anyone else think Sean White reminds them of Greg McElroy? Not just football smart, but genuinely intelligent, good, but not great arm, excellent field vision, makes the throws when necessary, slightly on the shorter side for a pro-style QB, has the wheels to pick up a first down on a scramble or a boot, but isn't gonna break any 50 yarders. Like Greg McElroy, Sean will probably taking over his redshirt junior year. Please tell me I'm crazy but I've just been mulling this over and the more I think about it, the more I see it. Plus I wouldn't mind the end result, regardless of whether he was a care-taker or game-changer, he got his ring in 2009.

Sean reminds me of Aaron Murray, only Sean is a little bigger.

Well, if we are going that way we have to get better WRs. DW was nothing without Anthony, and well, I forget the rest, but they were a great WR corp. I really would like to see CGM pass heavy offense once we establish the D. I think it would be as good as our run O this year. Which is one of the greatest in College football history.

Come on now. DW was an elite college QB.

IMO the Dw, spurrier, receiver combo made for one of the best all time pure passing years in college football history.

That kid could throw the ball to a spot that was almost indefensible ... Particularly any kind of fade or outside shoulder pass.

Now they had trouble with Fsu's great athletic cover corners. One of the reasons I think spurrier offense couldn't succeed in pros with the great cover corners in the league

Edit: my prime point is any comparison of SW to DW is a huge compliment

I see a stronger, more mobile, Aaron Murray. SW is going to be special. WR's don't always make the QB. The QB often makes the WR's.

I see a stronger, more mobile, Aaron Murray. SW is going to be special. WR's don't always make the QB. The QB often makes the WR's.

See: Tom Brady this season.

(Not comparing SW to Tom Brady)

Let me start out by making it clear, I am glad we are going into this year with NM at helm. That said, with JJ, SW and TQ waiting in the wind behind NM, really get me excited. Three excellent passer to come. I can see some 3500 to 5000 yard passing years to come in the next 6 or 7 years. JMHO. WDE

Let me start out by making it clear, I am glad we are going into this year with NM at helm. That said, with JJ, SW and TQ waiting in the wind behind NM, really get me excited. Three excellent passer to come. I can see some 3500 to 5000 yard passing years to come in the next 6 or 7 years. JMHO. WDE

With the RBs we have, I would say maybe low 3000's at the most. I believe Gus likes the balance more than anything else.

With the RBs we have, I would say maybe low 3000's at the most. I believe Gus likes the balance more than anything else.

I could never see an auburn offense being that pass happy. Don't forget the running backs we have for the next four years in Roc and Peyton Barber, plus 2015 guys potentially Kerryon Johnson and Jacques Patrick.

Archived