2014 4* QB Sean White commits to AU!

ellitor

After watching the Sugar Bowl last night, it looked like Sean throws a better pass than the 2 QBs in the game. It also looked like Sean plays like the Knight kid from Oklahoma. Outside of a couple of passes he had too much air under, he did a pretty good job of throwing. Agree or disagree?

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After watching the Sugar Bowl last night, it looked like Sean throws a better pass than the 2 QBs in the game. It also looked like Sean plays like the Knight kid from Oklahoma. Outside of a couple of passes he had too much air under, he did a pretty good job of throwing. Agree or disagree?

The kid from OK did have a great game last night. I have decided I think Sean is like an Aaron Murray type.. Similar size, accuracy, escape ability, arm strength, etc..

E is usually pretty good with understanding what kind of number jump a kid can expect. We may need to pull together to get E a computer so he will have more availability to us. E, little help here. I know you said you would not be available last night. Must have had hot date.

Let me know where I can send my $10 donation. I would give more but I'm a poor musician in Birmingham.

I hear Tuscalooser is looking for a violin player, any skills :nopityA:

Think what Murray would have done under Gus's direction.

Plug in White and as my favorite announcer would say - Whoa Nellie!

The number of quality QB's as Auburn has ever had coming is dumbfounding and exciting as all get out.

The future with a a White Queen fantasy will make Auburn an offensive Wonderland for Gus's magic. The wizard hat is his btw.

I am a little late to the party talking about Sean at the UA AA game but having attended the game in person I can say without hesitation that there was absolutely no doubt who the best QB at the game was. He was far away the best thrower there and while others have said it until you see how accurate he throws in person I do not know if you can truly appreciate it.

The second thing that I really like about Sean is that it seems whenever you put the guy in a competitive situation he just excels and rises to the top. Take the elite 11, no one thought he could be the MVP there, then he gets into the UA game late because of an injury to another player and he just flat out dominates all other QB's. This kid is a baller and a competitor.

However the thing that is impressing me most about Sean is how he takes control over the offense when he is in the game. When he walked on the field at the UA game there was no doubt who was in charge of the huddles and of the team. He took charge and the other players followed. He really was the general of the offense when he was out there. No other QB there ever showed the leadership side that he did.

As awesome as I think JJ is the 2015 spring practice will be an intense battle for the starting QB job and I would not just assume JJ will be the guy. It is very possible Sean comes in and takes over this team.

I am a little late to the party talking about Sean at the UA AA game but having attended the game in person I can say without hesitation that there was absolutely no doubt who the best QB at the game was. He was far away the best thrower there and while others have said it until you see how accurate he throws in person I do not know if you can truly appreciate it.

The second thing that I really like about Sean is that it seems whenever you put the guy in a competitive situation he just excels and rises to the top. Take the elite 11, no one thought he could be the MVP there, then he gets into the UA game late because of an injury to another player and he just flat out dominates all other QB's. This kid is a baller and a competitor.

However the thing that is impressing me most about Sean is how he takes control over the offense when he is in the game. When he walked on the field at the UA game there was no doubt who was in charge of the huddles and of the team. He took charge and the other players followed. He really was the general of the offense when he was out there. No other QB there ever showed the leadership side that he did.

As awesome as I think JJ is the 2015 spring practice will be an intense battle for the starting QB job and I would not just assume JJ will be the guy. It is very possible Sean comes in and takes over this team.

. . . And he tried to flip the best receiver there too. Great kid.

There is a picture of all the AU commits together from earlier this week. White looks about as tall as both Williams and Russell (listed 6'2 and 6'3), and easily taller than Bessent and Roberts (both ~6'0).

Not a 100% measure of accuracy; but he looks at least 6'1-6'2:

Bc1jFCJCYAEcc5c.png

Agree with u metafour, I'm 6' and he looks taller than myself and if those guys are 6'2 or 6'3 he is right there with them.

Coaches seem to figure out how good Sean. With the week of practice they got, and through his performances during the week, Mariouci (sp) choose to start Sean. He also put Sean back in the game late after the other team scores. Sean them led the team to another score. Impressive.

He also put Sean back in the game late after the other team scores. Sean them led the team to another score. Impressive.

It was all rotational. Every QB got 2 series to start then 1 each. Every time Sean went in it was his turn in the rotation.

There is a picture of all the AU commits together from earlier this week. White looks about as tall as both Williams and Russell (listed 6'2 and 6'3), and easily taller than Bessent and Roberts (both ~6'0).

Bc1jFCJCYAEcc5c.png

Agree with u metafour, I'm 6' and he looks taller than myself and if those guys are 6'2 or 6'3 he is right there with them.

Where are you in the photo, war eagle6?

CGM talks a lot about the "IT"factor. There just seems to be something about this young man that sets him a part from the others. He seems to have a quiet, humble confidence that makes you get in line behind him. Big time players produce when placed in the spotlight. It is always hard to project athletes at the next level, but I think Auburn has something very special.

CGM talks a lot about the "IT"factor. There just seems to be something about this young man that sets him a part from the others. He seems to have a quiet, humble confidence that makes you get in line behind him. Big time players produce when placed in the spotlight. It is always hard to project athletes at the next level, but I think Auburn has something very special.

The trait I see in him most that has led to big succes in QBs like Tom Brady and Aaron Rogers is a healthy Chip on his shoulders. Brady and Rogers still play with those chips. If Sean does then there is no telling what the kid can do.

The trait I see in him most that has led to big succes in QBs like Tom Brady and Aaron Rogers is a healthy Chip on his shoulders. Brady and Rogers still play with those chips. If Sean does then there is no telling what the kid can do.

He needs to stop winning all these MVPs if the wants to get the chip on his shoulder. I would think the recruiting sites will pick up on how good he is and bump him a least a little bit.

He needs to stop winning all these MVPs if the wants to get the chip on his shoulder. I would think the recruiting sites will pick up on how good he is and bump him a least a little bit.

In Sean's mind it would not be enough for the moment unless the sites made him the #1 QB in the class and I don't see that close to happening on any site no matter how much he deserves a good bump.

In Sean's mind it would not be enough for the moment unless the sites made him the #1 QB in the class and I don't see that close to happening on any site no matter how much he deserves a good bump.

So did his "Farrell Award" not imply some sort of decent bump?

He wins the elite 11 and MVP at the pro bowl for high school kids. And hes barely a 4 star. Listen Sean White has everything u look for in a qb .. what else do u need Farrell ?? 247 rivals scout. Anybody. Threw a ball 65 yards .. my goodness

He wins the elite 11 and MVP at the pro bowl for high school kids. And hes barely a 4 star. Listen Sean White has everything u look for in a qb .. what else do u need Farrell ?? 247 rivals scout. Anybody. Threw a ball 65 yards .. my goodness

I do not think the services have updated since the all star games. Hopefully Sean will get a boost. Best thing is that we have Sean and we are lucky. I still think he is our Aaron Murray.

This being said, I think JJ will be terrific too.

Bc1jFCJCYAEcc5c.png

Where are you in the photo, war eagle6?

There are many great jokes told on this board every single day. I don't know why this was so funny to me

No clue what the Farrell award is. Never heard of it. Rivals still snubbed him by having him 9th on the top 10 players on Team Highlight in the UA game.

No clue what the Farrell award is. Never heard of it. Rivals still snubbed him by having him 9th on the top 10 players on Team Highlight in the UA game.

I think the Farell award was given out to under the radar/ underated players.

I think the Farell award was given out to under the radar/ underated players.

No idea. It was teased on the Rivals page, but I don't subscribe. Farrell rarely seems to want to make big corrects, and the self-promotion there is absurd on his part. But I was curious nonetheless.

i have not seen him play much but he seems to out perform everyone at his position at every camp he goes to. He will fit in good at Auburn because auburn never gets the respect it deserves. IT SEEMS THE EXPERTS MAKE PICKS ON TEAMS AND PLAYERS IN THE BEGINNING AND SPEND THE REST OF THE YEAR TRYING TO MAKE THAT PICK THE BEST EVEN IF ITS AVERAGE.

Archived