2014 4* QB Sean White commits to AU!

ellitor

So did his "Farrell Award" not imply some sort of decent bump?

No clue what the Farrell award is. Never heard of it. Rivals still snubbed him by having him 9th on the top 10 players on Team Highlight in the UA game.

I think the Farell award was given out to under the radar/ underated players.

No idea. It was teased on the Rivals page, but I don't subscribe. Farrell rarely seems to want to make big corrects, and the self-promotion there is absurd on his part. But I was curious nonetheless.

Poise Under Pressure: Sean White, Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) University School This is essentially for the best quarterback who performs when the lights come on and there is actually a live pass-rush coming at him. White had a stellar game, completing 10 of 12 passes for 156 yards and two scores. White is one of those guys who looks okay in practice but when you need him to deliver in clutch situations he seems to rise to the occasion. - See more at: http://alabama.rival...h.l3ZrYSi2.dpuf

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SIAP

http://espn.go.com/b...mmit-shows-well

All I can say at this point is that he will see a significant increase in rank not only from a positional standpoint but overall as well. He had a great week. Will he be No. 1 at the position? I don’t know that yet. More importantly I am as impressed with his journey as I am with his performance during the week. There is something to be said for a guy who was on no one’s radar last March. We had him graded at a 79 initially which we felt was very strong considering nobody had offered him at that point last spring. He continually did everything he could during the summer to prove his worth including winning the Elite 11. When he was added to the Under Armour roster it became apparent immediately upon his arrival that he belonged. He has so many intangible traits coupled with very good physical ability so there is a high probability for success at the next level. We are excited for his prospects.

SIAP

http://espn.go.com/b...mmit-shows-well

All I can say at this point is that he will see a significant increase in rank not only from a positional standpoint but overall as well. He had a great week. Will he be No. 1 at the position? I don't know that yet. More importantly I am as impressed with his journey as I am with his performance during the week. There is something to be said for a guy who was on no one's radar last March. We had him graded at a 79 initially which we felt was very strong considering nobody had offered him at that point last spring. He continually did everything he could during the summer to prove his worth including winning the Elite 11. When he was added to the Under Armour roster it became apparent immediately upon his arrival that he belonged. He has so many intangible traits coupled with very good physical ability so there is a high probability for success at the next level. We are excited for his prospects.

Wow. This is a great read for Sean! Congrats to him. He deserves it. I am looking forward to him being at AU. I am kind of concerned about AU recruiting a second QB in this class. I do not want Sean to decide to look elsewhere. I think he will be very special.

Wouldn't be surprised if Sean is not keeping his options open. If we're still shopping he could be looking around some. With the success of NM this year it might be a hard sell to convince SW that we don't prefer a DT QB.

Wouldn't be surprised if Sean is not keeping his options open. If we're still shopping he could be looking around some. With the success of NM this year it might be a hard sell to convince SW that we don't prefer a DT QB.

With Jeremy Johnson on deck and Tyler Queen waiting in the wings, it seems like our focus is clear.

As stated in other places he is not shopping he is All Auburn. and a heads up, Treon is being recruited like Jason Smith last year. Recruited as an Athlete that we will let have a shot at QB.

Any idea when new rankings come out? I'm a bit excited as I'm assuming Sean will get a bump.

I wouldn't expect a massive bump on 247 and rivals as they already have him pretty high. ESPN has him ranked very low so he should see a big bump there.

Any idea when new rankings come out? I'm a bit excited as I'm assuming Sean will get a bump.

I expect 247 this week, Rivals next week, and 1 of the same 2 weeks for Scout and ESPN.

I wouldn't expect a massive bump on 247 and rivals as they already have him pretty high. ESPN has him ranked very low so he should see a big bump there.

Yup. #AskLoogs has White on a list of potential big movers that may see a fifth star next to their names soon.

Gus doesn't prefer DT QBs he prefers tallented QBs, what makes that QB talented doesnt matter to gus. if the guy has a great arm we throw more is the guy is really fast we run more. our playbook changes based on our QBs strengths. it shouldnt be a hard sell all they have to do is show SW film of years where Gus hasnt had mobile QBs

Gus doesn't prefer DT QBs he prefers tallented QBs, what makes that QB talented doesnt matter to gus. if the guy has a great arm we throw more is the guy is really fast we run more. our playbook changes based on our QBs strengths. it shouldnt be a hard sell all they have to do is show SW film of years where Gus hasnt had mobile QBs

Plus, it's not as if Sean doesn't have some wheels. It just so happens that he is a pretty darn accurate passer.

Complete QB. He has everything and will get faster. Russell will make this kid a manziel type. Minus the strippers and gambling

Complete QB. He has everything and will get faster. Russell will make this kid a manziel type. Minus the strippers and gambling

This may just be me, but I don't have a problem with strippers and gambling, as long as everything is above board.

247Sports_YouTube_zps3411f81f.gif

I hope you are joking because there is no way on God's Green Earth Sean White ever turns into a rare athletic, Hudini type of QB like Johnny Football. He would already have that kind of wiggles and raw speed to work with , but he doesn't. Sean White will do what Sean White does best and that's accurate passing, field vision, pocket awareness and escapability to make thrown, and an occasional scramble.

From the little I've seen of him, I see a little more nimbleness than his most common comparison (Brees). It's always tough to compare people because a true repeat is really, really rare, but I'll throw out Russell Wilson as a comp. Exceedingly accurate, smart, slightly undersized, natural leader, athletic enough to hurt you but not enough to build an offense around. Aaron Murray is another solid comp with athleticism that's kind of a last resort, and when he runs, it always feels like a surprise (and usually works).

From the little I've seen of him, I see a little more nimbleness than his most common comparison (Brees). It's always tough to compare people because a true repeat is really, really rare, but I'll throw out Russell Wilson as a comp. Exceedingly accurate, smart, slightly undersized, natural leader, athletic enough to hurt you but not enough to build an offense around. Aaron Murray is another solid comp with athleticism that's kind of a last resort, and when he runs, it always feels like a surprise (and usually works).

He's not as athletic as Wilson. Wilson doesn't run a whole lot, but take a look at his Combine stats. Guy was also athletic enough to be a professional middle infielder in baseball.

Like I said, no one is a perfect replica of anyone before him. I'm saying I see more Wilson than Brees.

Like I said, no one is a perfect replica of anyone before him. I'm saying I see more Wilson than Brees.

I think you are really underestimating Brees' "nimbleness" in the pocket.

I think you are really underestimating Brees' "nimbleness" in the pocket.

Bingo! Brees is one of the best at moving around in the pocket.

There is a picture of all the AU commits together from earlier this week. White looks about as tall as both Williams and Russell (listed 6'2 and 6'3), and easily taller than Bessent and Roberts (both ~6'0).

Not a 100% measure of accuracy; but he looks at least 6'1-6'2:

Bc1jFCJCYAEcc5c.png

Agree with u metafour, I'm 6' and he looks taller than myself and if those guys are 6'2 or 6'3 he is right there with them.

Where are you in the photo, war eagle6?

There are many great jokes told on this board every single day. I don't know why this was so funny to me

I myself even got a little humor from it. That was kind of smart and witty at the same time. But, to answer the ?, I'm nowhere in the pic. I just know if those guys are listed above 6'2 then there is NO WAY mr white is 5' 10 or 11'

Archived