2013 Fall Camp -- Practice 3 (Sun, Aug 4)

RunInRed

For those giving rir a hard time ... At least we got a picture of fruit on the first page ...

I think he was trying to draw bird out into the open.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those giving rir a hard time ... At least we got a picture of fruit on the first page ...

Haha I was definitely going to give him a hard time about the fruit , but didn't want to pile on. If fruit doesn't get you all riled up for some football I just don't know what will...

It says a lot to me about the kind of person Jay Prosch is (like we didn't already know) and the kind of leadership that he is providing this team with that A) he is chosen to break the team down before practice, and B) that he breaks down on "Together". It says a lot about the mentality of the team, "We before Me" kind of thing. That is very important in my opinion, and is one thing that I think that Gus does extremely well, teaching his guys to play as a team, celebrate as a team, etc.

War Eagle guys, keep putting in that hard work and it'll pay dividends for ya. Can't wait until 8/31!!!!

Every time Gus says " We were physical and we were flying around" I get chills. Gus tells it like it is and doesn't hide behind coach speak so when he says something good I can't help but be excited

And we have some pics (via Todd Van Emst) ...

9115476.jpeg

Deon Mix and Tyler Nero battle in practice with shells on for the first time

9115473.jpeg

Kris Frost and Gray King

9115474.jpeg

C.J. Uzomah

9115508.jpeg

Ricardo Louis and Jake Holland

9115509.jpeg

Kris Frost

9115510.jpeg

Ricardo Louis

9115511.jpeg

Carl Lawson and Will Adams

9115512.jpeg

Trent Fisher and Cameron Artis-Payne

9115513.jpeg

Cameron Artis-Payne

9115514.jpeg

Kiehl Frazier

9115515.jpeg

Jay Prosch

9115516.jpeg

Montravius Adams and Chad Slade

9115517.jpeg

Craig Sanders and Shon Coleman

9115518.jpeg

Ben Bradley and Tunde Fariyike

9115519.jpeg

Jeffrey Whitaker and Reese Dismukes

9115520.jpeg

Eric Averett and Jackson Thomas

9115521.jpeg

Cameron Artis-Payne

9115522.jpeg

Tre Mason

9115523.jpeg

Austin Powell and Gage Batten

9115524.jpeg

Nick Marshall

9115525.jpeg

Shane Callahan and Craig Sanders

Photos via http://www.auburntig...w.gal?id=144887

C.J. Uzomah is a man for all positions, the guy who replaced Philip Lutzenkirchen at tight end at midseason last year, could spell Jay Prosch at H-back this year and is athletic enough to see time at wide or slot receiver.

"I think they're utilizing everybody in position to help the team, so I'm really excited about it," he said.

"It can be overwhelming at times, but we walk through everything."

"We have him standing up, we have him with his hand down, he's very flexible, he gives us a lot of flexibility in our offense," said coach Gus Malzahn. "He's also very experienced playing H-back, so we're just trying to evaluate all of our guys, and we're trying to mix and match, and once we figure out our plan moving forward, like I said, hopefully, that'll let us know."

Uzomah is ready for the rotation.

"There's a lot of moving around and we have to know big picture play, so I think that's going to help us in the long run," Uzomah said. "Again, I'm just trying to do my best for whatever they ask me for the team."

http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/080513aad.html

Weird their names aren't on their helmets like yesterday.

Wonder if the helmet sticker guy got fired for misspelling NM's name? :-\

Cameron Artis-Payne looks the part. Powerful stride. Vicious stiff arms.

Great to see Frost out there. He has the size now to play MLB. Great to see.

Fisher is taking one nasty stiff arm!

Yeah, I noticed this one too. In the few photos taken of CAP, he appears to be through the line with not many people around him. Hopefully, it will look that way during the season too.

Random roster note from @AUGoldMine ...

Counting walk-ons, there are 39 true and redshirt freshmen on today's Auburn roster.

Also, on Kris Frost ...

The linebacker said Sunday he weighs 244 pounds, up from 230 of a year ago. The 238 figure is listed on the roster.

http://www.auburntig...g_goldmine.html

Woah !! Didn't know Frost was that big. That's good to hear. We desparately need a protypical big man MLB on Defense. Hope he fills the void.

Random roster note from @AUGoldMine ...

Counting walk-ons, there are 39 true and redshirt freshmen on today's Auburn roster.

Also, on Kris Frost ...

The linebacker said Sunday he weighs 244 pounds, up from 230 of a year ago. The 238 figure is listed on the roster.

http://www.auburntig...g_goldmine.html

Woah !! Didn't know Frost was that big. That's good to hear. We desparately need a protypical big man MLB on Defense. Hope he fills the void.

Looks too big. I hope it was just a bad camera angle but looked like some gut showing.

Mehh probably not the first MLB to have a little gut. Long as he takes that weight and puts it behind his pads. He'll be good. I wouldn't think he would be to slow (see the pace from day 1 of a new day) and coach Russell didn't stick his head in the ground on Frost. He will be great if he can be coached.

Uncle Ellis has got this! :)

And I want soma dat fruit derrr

This has got to be the most hilarious picture of the day: 9115508.jpeg

I almost posted on this pic since no one seemed to pick up on it... but I agree, hilarious. Jake is obviously not impressed with that block!

Prosch looks like he's ready to devour someone....helmet, pads and all.

I think he'd spit the helmet out, jmho.

Archived