2013 Fall Camp -- Practice 3 (Sun, Aug 4)

RunInRed

This is not a sight to prosch I'm honestly trying to see if there is something I'm missing but why does he get so much love? Did I miss something last year?

And this is not a slight on you BUT if you have to even ask that question then there isn't any point in telling you. It just is, embrace it, it just is.

Dudes a former all american.....that might be what ya missed...plus ad the fact he's a senior....smh

Dude what's your problem...every thread I see you in your trying to start some sorta girly fight over the magical internet

You can pretty much shut the hell up....thanks

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is not a sight to prosch I'm honestly trying to see if there is something I'm missing but why does he get so much love? Did I miss something last year?

And this is not a slight on you BUT if you have to even ask that question then there isn't any point in telling you. It just is, embrace it, it just is.

Dudes a former all american.....that might be what ya missed...plus ad the fact he's a senior....smh

Dude what's your problem...every thread I see you in your trying to start some sorta girly fight over the magical internet

Yeah the guy might as well be the juggernaut. It's unreal how big he looks.

Hey guys, first post, just wanted to say I've been lurking here for a while, and I love the content. I have a subscription to Rivals, but I honestly like the way this is set up better, especially for use on my phone, which is how I keep up with most football stuff anyway. Every year I get excited for football earlier and earlier, and this year is no exception! I wait very impatiently for the after practice interviews just to hope to get a glimpse of who might be leading this quarterback race. War damn Eagle everyone!

Jay is a leader. No question about that. But if CGM stays true to form, H-B or FB will only be on field maybe one play in three. Might offend some but there is one thing I liked better about CSL's offense. QB would come under center on short yardage 3rd (or 4th) and two or three yards for 1st down. JB would push (move) the pile forward for 3 or 4 yards almost every time. Much better odds with this than Shotgun or direct snap to Dyer. That being said. Prosch (or another H-Back) was still only on field one play in four or five maybe under Lefty. Hope Gus can find ways to utilize talents of this big guy and not waste him on the bench. But JP's still a great leader even if he's not in the game. Was an All-American at Illinois but won't happen at AU because of our offensive scheme. :wareagle:

Cole from auburnfootballfanforum.com?

Jay is a leader. No question about that. But if CGM stays true to form, H-B or FB will only be on field maybe one play in three. Might offend some but there is one thing I liked better about CSL's offense. QB would come under center on short yardage 3rd (or 4th) and two or three yards for 1st down. JB would push (move) the pile forward for 3 or 4 yards almost every time. Much better odds with this than Shotgun or direct snap to Dyer. That being said. Prosch (or another H-Back) was still only on field one play in four or five maybe under Lefty. Hope Gus can find ways to utilize talents of this big guy and not waste him on the bench. But JP's still a great leader even if he's not in the game. Was an All-American at Illinois but won't happen at AU because of our offensive scheme. :wareagle:

You might be right, but I remember Eric Smith being on the field a lot (I remember because he was by far my least favorite player,) and I honestly believe Prosch is going to play a Peyton Hillis type roll for us. Meaning not only is he going to get some monster blocks, but he's also going to run and catch quite a few times, too.

That was not needed. Relax

I'm not sure that's correct. I remember Lutz being on the field a hell of a lot as an h-back in 2011.

Granted, 2012 pretty much obliterated any memory of 2011, so I could be really wrong.

Looks like Adams had Slade on heels.

Saw the same thing. All other O-linemen looking great in the Pix. CAP looks awesome toting the skin. Strong lean and high knees - running hard. Probably even better than I thought he would be for us.

I think mostly its his story, his dedication to his family and now his team, and the leadership that he displays both on and off of the field. If you haven't heard his story (how he started playing football/working out in middle school, how he got to play Division 1 football, why he transferred from Illinois to Auburn, etc.) I would really recommend checking that out, but be warned- it is almost guarenteed to bring a tear to your eye.

Other than that, he is a known leader on the field, a freak in the workout room (no really, he was put on college football's freak list), and a role model off of the field.

Reminds me of Heath Evans a little bit, although Heath was a bit more vocal.

You might be right, but I remember Eric Smith being on the field a lot (I remember because he was by far my least favorite player,) and I honestly believe Prosch is going to play a Peyton Hillis type roll for us. Meaning not only is he going to get some monster blocks, but he's also going to run and catch quite a few times, too.

This is what I was thinking - I felt like I remembered hearing that he had quite the set of hands on him when he got the opportunity to use them.

After stretching before practice started ...

CGM: Real football ... this is a big day ... I want you to understand that ... where's Jay Prosch ... break us down ...

Prosch: Together on 3 ... 1...2...3 TOGETHER!

It's clear we have more leaders on the team but seems to me Prosch is the top leader. If so, i think there is no better person to be the top leader. Just seems like the team feeds off his intensity. The guy is constantly on 10! He knows no other way.

Nigel Tufnel: "[pause] These go to eleven."

9115512.jpeg

Trent Fisher and Cameron Artis-Payne

9115513.jpeg

Cameron Artis-Payne

9115521.jpeg

Cameron Artis-Payne

Is it just me, or do the still photos of CAP's running style look a lot like Walter Payton?

I think you are giving Prosch too much credit there. Hillis was a different back. He could have been a RB if not for McFadden and Jones. That was a ridiculous backfield. Prosch will be a bruiser and maybe catch 3-5 passes out of the backfield, but I don't even think he is equivalent to Eric Smith in that category. Eric was a hell of an HB. He had good catches across the middle and every once in awhile on the boundary. I think Prosch is set up for what Prosch does well and that is block. CGM will make him better than he is today, and incorporate him nicely, I feel sure. It is great to have a team leader in a guy like him as well. He is a Heath Evans type guy if I ever saw one. So happy he on the team.

9115512.jpeg

Trent Fisher and Cameron Artis-Payne

9115513.jpeg

Cameron Artis-Payne

9115521.jpeg

Cameron Artis-Payne

Is it just me, or do the still photos of CAP's running style look a lot like Walter Payton?

Read my mind.

Archived