WarDamnEagle#1

.. Kinda like message board posters ... ;)/>

Ooooooo!!!

Sick burn!

Please apply cold water.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't see his post but what was posted on here was he said if barbee not the coach he doesn't know if he would be going to Auburn perfectly understandable. My friend Malcolm Armstead who is from Florence,AL started for Oregon when they fired Ernie Kent he stayed but didn't fit the other coaches system. It's big. It's important. Different from a bunch of message board guys who don't play to say they should stick to a school.....

He transferred paid his way went to Wichita state outplayed Aaron craft in the tournament led them to the final four. Wichita St coach said he was the most important recruit he has ever got. One coach couldn't use him another coach said he was the most important piece to his program ever.

Nothing wrong with him caring about who his coach is going to be, at least I don't think it is

With basketball especially, I agree. It's a shame how that affects the game though.

Anyone asked Logwood how he feels about having Pearl as his coach?

Ooooooo!!!

Sick burn!

Please apply cold water.

I know, I know ...

I have never been accused of being funny or witty ...

Apparently I failed yet again! :)

Ooooooo!!!

Sick burn!

Please apply cold water.

I know, I know ...

I have never been accused of being funny or witty ...

Apparently I failed yet again! :)/>

Negative.

Operation Funny...mission accomplished. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Justin Hokanson ‏@JHokanson 8h

Check out #Auburn hoops signee Sam Logwood on ESPNU, Thursday at Noon ET. RT @Sammy2timesss: Time to leave my legacy on Thursday.

Dick's Sporting Goods High School National Tournament presented by Geico - LA Lumiere (IN) vs. Huntington Prep (WV)

Longwood scored 10 points in 3rd quarter on 4-4 from field and 2-3 at the ft line.Was scoreless in 1st half on 0-5 shooting.

Longwood's La Lamiere loses 65-63 to Huntington Prep on a last second 3. Longwood finishes with 14 points on 6-13 from the field and 2-5 from the line. Missed 2 free throws in the final 2 minutes. Aggressive going to the basket.

Guest jojo1515

In limbo? I gues with Bruce unable to recruit, we may not fill the last 2 scbollys (havent heard of anybody actually close to comitting and got just over a week left). Add in a 3* waivering and we are down to hoping we get transfers that couldnt make it elsewhere or got in trouble. Sure hope something changes soon or this years class might be 1 freshman and some troubled/injured transfers. Looking like Bruce wont have much to work with this year. Oh well, cant be any worse than last year I suppose.

If it's Logwood wavering, he's got to get a waiver from AU to leave because he's signed. If it's Pearl, that would hopefully mean they feel there's better talent waiting to come or that Logwood doesn't fit his style. Would be interested to see who is wavering.

• 4 weeks later...

While I can't verify it I bet they told him they would release him if he wasn't happy about being here that way he could make an honest commitment to the new staff. Having a player comes in who didn't want to be here but who came so he wouldn't have to sit out a year would be like bringing somebody in with a communicable disease that could really affect the locker room.

Now we have a solid player who wants to play for Auburn and this staff along with Purchase, Bowers, Ronald Delp a 7' center who sat out this year, plus returners Thompson, Granger, Griciunas, and Atewe we should actually be better around the basket rebounding, scoring and defending. Shamsid-Deen returning at PG and Harrel at Shooting/scoring guard and we have the foundation for a competitive team next year. We need some of the other returing guards to step up. Some of our small forwards might have to play some at shooting guard.

While I can't verify it I bet they told him they would release him if he wasn't happy about being here that way he could make an honest commitment to the new staff. Having a player comes in who didn't want to be here but who came so he wouldn't have to sit out a year would be like bringing somebody in with a communicable disease that could really affect the locker room.

Now we have a solid player who wants to play for Auburn and this staff along with Purchase, Bowers, Ronald Delp a 7' center who sat out this year, plus returners Thompson, Granger, Griciunas, and Atewe we should actually be better around the basket rebounding, scoring and defending. Shamsid-Deen returning at PG and Harrel at Shooting/scoring guard and we have the foundation for a competitive team next year. We need some of the other returing guards to step up. Some of our small forwards might have to play some at shooting guard.

Correct, assuming there are no transfers out. Today starts the time when we can look for transfers to leave. Were Barbee still here we could count on losing three to five. Here's hoping the new staff can stop that bleeding!

I would have assumed that once logwood signed his LOI (which he did correct?) then CBP could talk to him. Apparently not??? In football, the recruits are discussed the day they sign their LOI's. What gives?

I would have assumed that once logwood signed his LOI (which he did correct?) then CBP could talk to him. Apparently not??? In football, the recruits are discussed the day they sign their LOI's. What gives?

Good question!

Just guessing but I think AU and CBP do not want to take any chances of any kind. But I'm like you guys I don't see why CBP could not speak to him.

• 2 months later...

http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Auburn-Basketball-Notebook-Signee-Sam-Logwood-granted-release-29954223

Auburn basketball signee Sam Logwood has been granted a release from the letter-of-intent he signed last November. He was recruited by previous head coach Tony Barbee's staff and will not be part of Bruce Pearl’s first Auburn team.

Sam Logwood has been granted a release from his Auburn letter-of-intent.

An Auburn spokesman confirmed to AuburnUndercover that Logwood asked for his release last week. It was quickly granted.

Logwood had not reported because he had not been cleared academically. Whether he will be academically eligible to enroll at another school is uncertain.

With Logwood’s departure, Auburn is one scholarship over the NCAA limit. It will have to be down to the limit when school starts in mid-August.

Logwood is a 3-star small forward from La Lumiere School in La Porte, Ind. He was rated the state's No. 4 prospect according to the 247Sports Composite.

Coaching staff pays a visit to Under Armour

Auburn’s basketball coaching staff visited Under Armour headquarters in Baltimore on Wednesday. They were impressed.

Pearl and his assistants have dismissed previous complaints that being tied to Under Armour instead of Nike is a serious issue in recruiting.

Former Tiger Allen Payne to play in England

Forward Allen Payne, who finished his Auburn career last season, has agreed to terms with the Sheffield (England) Sharks.

Payne, one of the more respected athletes in any sport during his Auburn career, averaged 7.6 points and 5.4 rebounds per games last season.

I guess Logwood wasn't going to qualify... So we granted his release. That stinks! He would have upgraded our talent on the wing. He has a highly ranked teammate for the 2015 class that I was hoping that he could help us land.

I guess Logwood wasn't going to qualify... So we granted his release. That stinks! He would have upgraded our talent on the wing. He has a highly ranked teammate for the 2015 class that I was hoping that he could help us land.

Somebody had to go...and someone else yet also. And per Mikey's comment, another has to go....and if say,, Longwood had qualified, which 2 would have gone?

I'm a little surprised that the scholarship roster has not been sorted out by now. Any soon to be" former player" ought to be making plans for his next school so he can enroll next month. I would like to think that BP would help find the kid a new home....wonder if that happens?

Pearl said a while back that he had a plan and was pretty sure how it might work out. I am pretty sure how it works out now but have been surprised before. Maybe helping Logwood find a new home may have been one reason this just played out. No facts; just a thought. Time will tell.

Archived