Sam Logwood 3* COMMITS to Auburn.

WarDamnEagle#1

My thinking is that Alex Thompson reverts to walk-on status. He received a scholarship in January under Barbee. This would put AU at 13 scholarship players without processing anyone.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My thinking is that Alex Thompson reverts to walk-on status. He received a scholarship in January under Barbee. This would put AU at 13 scholarship players without processing anyone.

That would be processing Thompson, but the problem would be solved.

I suppose if you want to be "technical" :dunno:

I suppose if you want to be "technical" :dunno:

How would one be otherwise? We're dealing with a "technical" situation. A given player is either on scholarship or he isn't.

According to the interview with Thompson in the Dothan paper its not him. Bruce told him that he was in the upper half of the players he had. Thompson has gained 20 pounds in the off season and will be playing the 4. I still think its Wade and finding a juco to take an injured player probably takes a while.

What was wades injury ... Possibly career ending or dampening?

Career ending and he can go on medical scholarship and will no longer count against our scholarship limit. We'll just have to see how it's handled.

Career ending and he can go on medical scholarship and will no longer count against our scholarship limit. We'll just have to see how it's handled.

If Wade goes on medical scholarship does that solve our scholarship numbers?

If Wade goes on medical scholarship does that solve our scholarship numbers?

Yes. However, "medical scholarship" means the AU team doctor and some third-party disinterested doctor both sign off on his injury being career ending and by NCAA rule he can't play at AU ever again. It a big decision.

Archived