2016 4* QB Jawon Pass (Louisville commit)

Austintxtiger

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4* dual threat Jalen Hurts from Texas just committed to Alabama.

interesting.

Hurts reminds me of our QB commit, Woody B. I think Woody is a little thicker, and has more power on his throws. Hurts may have more touch at this point. Just based on the highlight films.

Touch

I thought bama only recruited pocket passers? What's with the dual threat qb's as of late? Lol

It seems pocket passers are a dieing breed. All the recent Heismans have been DT Quarterbacks. Plus all the CFB Playoff qbs were dual threat as well. Everybody wants the next Cam.

I thought bama only recruited pocket passers? What's with the dual threat qb's as of late? Lol

It seems pocket passers are a dieing breed. All the recent Heismans have been DT Quarterbacks. Plus all the CFB Playoff qbs were dual threat as well. Everybody wants the next Cam.

So how long will it be until some bammer declares their new QB commitment will be the "next Cam" ? ....it's really tough on them trying to compare their recruit's skill and potential to Cam...without actually saying the words.

So how long will it be until some bammer declares their new QB commitment will be the "next Cam" ? ....it's really tough on them trying to compare their recruit's skill and potential to Cam...without actually saying the words.

Bammers have a tendency to stick a foot in their mouth and then choke on it later. That time will come.

The Lane Kiffin effect. Don't worry, as soon as he takes a hc gig somewhere, Saban will bring back the pro style non gimmicky offense... :)

So Pass to where? Louisville?

Va Tech is the only 1 of his top 5 that does not have a QB committed but he's not a top target for the Hokies. He will have to be the 2nd QB @ AU, Bama, or UNC or shuffle his schools if he wants to be an only QB in a class, which he has never said FTR. Most tier 1 & tier 2 Power 5 schools already have QBs committed though.

Free video interview from last night. Scroll down a bit on the linked page. http://www.scout.com/college/football/recruiting/story/1552630-pass-talks-final-five

Yep, I also remember the days when they said they would NEVER run a high school offense (aka zone read) like AU. That's what they've been doing the last couple of years is TRYING to mimic our offense, lol

I hope we are in Jawon's top 4 or 5. He's my #1 QB pick.

uat or Louisville bound. IMO.

I would agree now that we have two QBs who want to come to AU. Barrett has of course already committed and Jay Jones wants to be here.

Last I heard he was not a take for Louisville FWIW.

That makes things interesting for Pass. Had not heard that he was not a take for Louisville.

Thanks for the heads up.

• 2 weeks later...

We honestly might get him...

I still think it's Bama. Word is Louisville has slowed on him and Bama has appeared to stay on Pass more than us after both teams got a QB commit.

I still think it's Bama. Word is Louisville has slowed on him and Bama has appeared to stay on Pass more than us after both teams got a QB commit.

While I agree on Bama, UL did slow on him partially due to the QB commit. Auburn has a legit shot. Jawon doesn't know where he wants to go yet.

While I agree on Bama, UL did slow on him partially due to the QB commit. Auburn has a legit shot. Jawon doesn't know where he wants to go yet.

Possibly but in the interviews he has done the past month he has made it clear he prefers a pro style O and I think that will be the deciding factor.

I think Jawon's talents fit better within our offense than Bama's, but if he prefers the Pro Style then to each his own.

I'm ok with one QB this year and grabbng Bentley next year if we can get him. We are set up pretty well in the QB department.

So bama is going back to pro style offense again? That's news to me, because Here lately they have been mimicking our offense.

Didn't really mimic ours. There's was more of a shotgun pro style IMO.

Archived