2016 4* QB Jawon Pass (Louisville commit)

Austintxtiger

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanx, had never really heard anything about his leadership.

Been starting since his freshman year I believe. Players look up to him.

I think AU is OK with Pass going elsewhere. We are OK with Woody and our 2017 possibilities.

I think AU is OK with Pass going elsewhere. We are OK with Woody and our 2017 possibilities.

Would not be surprised if we took an underrated pro style QB late in the cycle. If JJ leaves after his junior year, which is very possible. We'll only have two QBs on scholly until fall of 2016.

Is it just me or does Pass not seem like the kinda guy other members of this class would really rally around? He obviously has the skills, but wonder what his effect on team cohesion would be?

Not sure about Pass but Woody has the Florida swag and leadership guys would definitely rally around. That kid is supremely confident.

Would not be surprised if we took an underrated pro style QB late in the cycle. If JJ leaves after his junior year, which is very possible. We'll only have two QBs on scholly until fall of 2016.

Not true. We would have Sean, Tyler, and Woody.

And potentially Jason Smith, should we move him back to QB

I forgot Woody was an EE.

Highly doubt after a year of playing WR we'd move him back.

Is he? I don't remember that.

Is he? I don't remember that.

He is not, after doing some research. So I'm right, Tyler and Sean would be our only QBs until Fall of 2016. That's a big deal if ask me.

Probably not, no. But should we have a freak season where tons of our QBs go down, I could see him being the first one to change positions.

Probably not, no. But should we have a freak season where tons of our QBs go down, I could see him being the first one to change positions.

Right, another reason we do not need to use a scholly on a second QB this year; esp one under the radar. The entire season will be over before we are down to 2 and Woody will be coming in in late spring.

I would rather use the scholly on another position of need.

Right, another reason we do not need to use a scholly on a second QB this year; esp one under the radar. The entire season will be over before we are down to 2 and Woody will be coming in in late spring.

I would rather use the scholly on another position of need.

At no point did I ever say that would be issuing a scholly on an under the radar QB. I said I wouldn't be surprised. This all depends on whether JJ leaves. Woody is not an EE and won't be enrolled until middle of summer.

I believe Jason Smith will turn out to be an awesome WR. I also believe he'll be just as good in the wild cat.

Holy cow. Come on Jawon, commit and sign with Auburn. We REALLY need you to take us to that next level. Win SEC AND National Championships.

Is it just me or does Pass not seem like the kinda guy other members of this class would really rally around? He obviously has the skills, but wonder what his effect on team cohesion would be?

I dunno, I've never met the guy.

I have, and yes, he is the type of guy players would rally around. He's a leader. Unfortunately, he's Bama bound.

jeez. Don't they have like three 5-star freshman/redshirt qb?

I dunno, I've never met the guy.

I have, and yes, he is the type of guy players would rally around. He's a leader. Unfortunately, he's Bama bound.

jeez. Don't they have like three 5-star freshman/redshirt qb?

I believe bama has 5 scholarship quarterbacks now. Jawon would have Blake Barnett and David Cornwell immediately in front of him. No way he is going to jump either of those guys. IMO, Jawon's real problem is who will be behind him. When it is "his turn" to play as a senior, Satan is more likely to pick a sophomore he can develop for three years as his "game manager".

I can't make the link work for some reason, but Jawon should go to the Bama 2016 roster on the 247 website. It has a picture of all five scholarship quarterbacks that Satan has recently selected/signed. The Bama fan base will be happy to have any of these fine young men leading their team.

And that's all I gotta say about that - Forrest Gump

UAT will take him just to keep him away from Auburn. Then process him in a couple years.

UAT has the same limits on Schollys as Auburn and every other school the idea of wasting a Scholly to keep a player from another school pretty much ended when the limit was lowered to 85. In the old days Bear did it but that was a different time and different set of rules.

UAT will take him just to keep him away from Auburn. Then process him in a couple years.

UAT has the same limits on Schollys as Auburn and every other school the idea of wasting a Scholly to keep a player from another school pretty much ended when the limit was lowered to 85. In the old days Bear did it but that was a different time and different set of rules.

Not when they can dismiss him from the team after a few months or a year. Then he has to transfer, sit a year, all while costing them MAYBE one spot for one year.

Archived