2016 4* QB Jawon Pass (Louisville commit)

Austintxtiger

Post from Keith on how Louisville getting a QB effects AU's chances of getting Pass. Link

Well ... I kind of laughed when I saw another recruiting person suggest that.

Pass may very well pick Auburn, but it won't be because another school has another QB.

He's still considering UNC, which has 1 QB on board.

And Auburn is VERY likely to land Woody Barrett on June 3.

So Auburn probably will have another QB in the class before Pass commits.

Pass does not care if there is another QB in the class.

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has Jawon said when plans to tell who he's going to sign with and is Auburn in his top 5?

Late June & we are in his Top 4. Although it won't matter if Woody Barrett commits to AU on June 3rd.

E, are you saying we have no chance with Pass if Barrett commits to AU on 6/3?

Not E, but if Barrett commits we lose Jawon. 100%.

So he's just blowing fluff when he says ok being in a 2 QB class? Honest question.

I was in the same boat as you E. Didn't know he was okay with being in a 2 QB class.

If the other QB was a 3* he probably wouldn't give it a second thought. Pass might say he doesn't care but I bet deep down he does. And he might also think the other QB would probably flip if he had the chance.

I'm sure this has been asked, but what is the possibility of taking Pass also if Barrett commits?

Edit: read ellitor's post a few comments up. Says that Pass has said he would be open to a 2 QB class. My gut tells me if one commits, the other will not, but we would take both of them.

Honestly who knows with this kid anymore. Him and him alone. He tells media one thing but tells coaches another. Just a weird recruitment all together.

It seems like we would be accustomed to this sort of thing, meaning every year it seems like this kids we talk to want to play mind games with staffs. I don't know, maybe i am just being negative, but it really like we get played a lot by these kids and it gets tiring to just follow who is interested and who is not.

It seems like we would be accustomed to this sort of thing, meaning every year it seems like this kids we talk to want to play mind games with staffs. I don't know, maybe i am just being negative, but it really like we get played a lot by these kids and it gets tiring to just follow who is interested and who is not.

It's not a we thing. Some kids in this recruiting era do it to any school every year.

I defintley don't think Pass is playing us, because he is a good kid. But I do know he says things to the media that are different to coaches.

For those who think we are being played by some kids we are. If you log into other teams sites you will see some of their fan base complaining about the same thing. We are dealing with Kids 17-18 years old, who are being bombarded by coaches and fans telling them how good they are. Telling them thy will get PT at their school and will probably start as Freshmen.

The reality is these kids are being played by the system. So a minority of them play the schools and I mean a minority as most sign where they commit the first and only time.

For those who think we are being played by some kids we are. If you log into other teams sites you will see some of their fan base complaining about the same thing. We are dealing with Kids 17-18 years old, who are being bombarded by coaches and fans telling them how good they are. Telling them thy will get PT at their school and will probably start as Freshmen.

The reality is these kids are being played by the system. So a minority of them play the schools and I mean a minority as most sign where they commit the first and only time.

Texas, I've really been enjoying your perspective on things.

I would be against taking Pass as our only QB in this class. He has potential, but I for one will be very happy if we get Barrett today. THEN if Jawon wants to come along, great!

I hope we are in Jawon's top 4 or 5. He's my #1 QB pick.

uat or Louisville bound. IMO.

I would agree now that we have two QBs who want to come to AU. Barrett has of course already committed and Jay Jones wants to be here.

I would agree now that we have two QBs who want to come to AU. Barrett has of course already committed and Jay Jones wants to be here.

Last I heard he was not a take for Louisville FWIW.

Is Jay Jones good enough to push the current QBs for playing time? If not, is he a talented enough athlete to move to a different position...like Jason Smith? I know nothing about him and would like to hear more from those that do.

Is Jay Jones good enough to push the current QBs for playing time? If not, is he a talented enough athlete to move to a different position...like Jason Smith? I know nothing about him and would like to hear more from those that do.

Don't know if he's good enough to push some of the QB's at AU but he is talented enough to play WR.

Wow. Looks like its going to be uat.

Don't know if he's good enough to push some of the QB's at AU but he is talented enough to play WR.

Wow. Looks like its going to be uat.

Strange...

So Louisville can turn down qbs that the SEC powers want.

60454263.jpg

So Louisville can turn down qbs that the SEC powers want.

60454263.jpg

Petrino prefers a QB with some polished passing ability which Pass is not right now Thats why they took the other QB.

Petrino to busy to coach them up...but seriously he is a pretty good at deciding who he wants and does prefer a more accurate passer.

Archived