2016 4* QB Jawon Pass (Louisville commit)

Austintxtiger

Let's move on. Golf is one of our very best posters on a regular basis. Just give the guy a break.

Back to Pass, he may turn out to be great.... But with all the QBs we already have and the great QBs in the pipe for next year, I'd just soon we stick with the 1 commitment this year.

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's move on. Golf is one of our very best posters on a regular basis. Just give the guy a break.

Back to Pass, he may turn out to be great.... But with all the QBs we already have and the great QBs in the pipe for next year, I'd just soon we stick with the 1 commitment this year.

I agree with JFDTiger. We don't need more than 1 qb this year. We got Sean White for the next four years (hopefully). We also have Bentley from Opelika who will likely sign with us in 2017 - who is one of the best QBs in that class. We are fine at QB.

The thing about Pass though is that he is a tremendous athlete, not just a good QB. He could very easily make the transition to WR if QB doesn't work out.

With that said, I think he has the potential to be very good, but I also think that it is going to take a good QB coach and a lot of work on fundamentals of passing (footwork, release, etc.) for him to reach that potential. If he does, he should be a superstar. If not, he has the raw athleticism to get on the field in other ways.

Point is, this is a guy we may want to take a chance on. He has a ridiculously high ceiling.

I agree with JFDTiger. We don't need more than 1 qb this year. We got Sean White for the next four years (hopefully). We also have Bentley from Opelika who will likely sign with us in 2017 - who is one of the best QBs in that class. We are fine at QB.

Don't forget about Tyler Queen.

WDE!

I don't care if he's the bestest poster in the whole wide world, when a mod says something like that, I'd like to know if he even gets punished or does the "bestest poster" get off clean? Thanks for introducing yourself as one of the suck ups Golf is always talking about.

Dang Jeff. Take a chill pill. You are not usually this worked up about things.

A few things get to me and this is one and there are reasons behind it. But you're right. I'm going to delete what I said, if you don't mind, please do the same. I will message Golf and not derail the thread anymore.

A few things get to me and this is one and there are reasons behind it. But you're right. I'm going to delete what I said, if you don't mind, please do the same. I will message Golf and not derail the thread anymore.

Golf shouldn't get a free pass just because of his status. How about the United States of think before you speak? Or the United States of everyone should be held to the same standard?

Golf shouldn't get a free pass just because of his status. How about the United States of think before you speak? Or the United States of everyone should be held to the same standard?

Well. That was dumb. Maybe pot should have read his post before he posted to kettle?

Got to love the new United States of the offended. :flag:/> :flag:/> :gofig:/> :blink:/>

People do have some issues, geez!

Well. That was dumb. Maybe pot should have read his post before he posted to kettle?

What?

Lil' Nickie has a history of picking a quarterback and sticking with him for several years while Gus' quarterbacks seem to always get at least one year to showcase their talent for the NFL scouts. The AU offense system puts a higher priority on legs, which is Jawon's strength. I just can't imagine what is going through this kids head. He's a least twice as likely to ending up never getting off the bench and working at the Waffle House if he goes to Tuscaloosa. The fact that he is even considering it tells me that he doesn't have the smarts to be their "game manager" quarterback. Ray Charles can see that he belongs at Auburn.

Lil' Nickie has a history of picking a quarterback and sticking with him for several years while Gus' quarterbacks seem to always get at least one year to showcase their talent for the NFL scouts. The AU offense system puts a higher priority on legs, which is Jawon's strength. I just can't imagine what is going through this kids head. He's a least twice as likely to ending up never getting off the bench and working at the Waffle House if he goes to Tuscaloosa. The fact that he is even considering it tells me that he doesn't have the smarts to be their "game manager" quarterback. Ray Charles can see that he belongs at Auburn.

The last two sentences are cracking me up. Well said!!

His last visit was to alabama and he is taking another one before his commitment. Hate to say it but it looks like he is bama bound. Hope I'm wrong.

I know i could be looking into this too much, however, i think the fact that mom plays so much a part of his decision making, i would not be surprised to hear he commits to the good guys. I only say this because we are closer and mom would naturally want him to be closer. Maybe that's flawed thinking, but until he announces any angle could apply. JMHO :dunno: :dunno:

Is it just me or does Pass not seem like the kinda guy other members of this class would really rally around? He obviously has the skills, but wonder what his effect on team cohesion would be?

Is it just me or does Pass not seem like the kinda guy other members of this class would really rally around? He obviously has the skills, but wonder what his effect on team cohesion would be?

I dunno, I've never met the guy.

I dunno, I've never met the guy.

I have, and yes, he is the type of guy players would rally around. He's a leader. Unfortunately, he's Bama bound.

Archived