2016 4* QB Jawon Pass (Louisville commit)

Austintxtiger

UAT will take him just to keep him away from Auburn. Then process him in a couple years.

This^^ . Plus it's really sad these kids aren't smart enough to see it

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UAT will take him just to keep him away from Auburn. Then process him in a couple years.

UAT has the same limits on Schollys as Auburn and every other school the idea of wasting a Scholly to keep a player from another school pretty much ended when the limit was lowered to 85. In the old days Bear did it but that was a different time and different set of rules.

Not so fast... Dee Liner says hi. alabama had no reason to sign him. they had plenty of depth and knew he would get lost in the fold. he was a good in-state 4 star player that they would burn a scholarship on rather than let go to the in-state rival. same goes for Tana Patrick and Jerrell Harris... never made a true impact in any way on the field, but worth it as long as they didn't go to Auburn.

There is still shady recruiting tactics that go on... It happens everywhere.

I believe bama has 5 scholarship quarterbacks now.

4. Coker, Morris, Corny, Barnett. It will be 3 when he gets there but he is coming in wth another QB though. I still see Sims on some lists but he is gone though.

UAT has the same limits on Schollys as Auburn and every other school the idea of wasting a Scholly to keep a player from another school pretty much ended when the limit was lowered to 85. In the old days Bear did it but that was a different time and different set of rules.

Not so fast... Dee Liner says hi. alabama had no reason to sign him. they had plenty of depth and knew he would get lost in the fold. he was a good in-state 4 star player that they would burn a scholarship on rather than let go to the in-state rival. same goes for Tana Patrick and Jerrell Harris... never made a true impact in any way on the field, but worth it as long as they didn't go to Auburn.

Thank u Altima! There are only a few of us that still see that it still goes on.

Thank u Altima! There are only a few of us that still see that it still goes on.

It still goes on. Just not as much as it used to because of scholly limits. Where they do it now is mainly hoarding DL and RBs. And again they aren't doing to keep guys just from AU. They are doing it to keep guys from teams they have to play against.

In general most of them are so confident in their skills that they think they can beat out anyone ahead of them, except maybe the seniors.

I see no way Pass sees the field at UAT, unless they are on the cusp of 2-3 QBs on the current roster transferring. Pass is nothing like any of the QBs they have right now or have had in the past, but a bit similar to the QB from Texas they have committed for 2016.

The closest comparison I can draw is Randall Cunningham. I think if Malzahn showcases Johnson this year and Johnson has a good season, then Pass will be swayed to Auburn. I think the biggest reason he is hesitating is because of how Malzahn stuck with Marshall in some games last season instead of giving Johnson a shot at turning the game around.

Even at Louisville I don't think Pass gets immediate playing time, which has to be their biggest draw (besides playing with his brother). He needs to develop physically to sustain the beating his body will take on the college level. He needs to work on his passing technique some too. Pass has big-time play-making potential, but he is a really raw talent at this stage. We'll have to see how much he progresses between his junior and senior seasons.

I really like his footwork. I think he is a leader. But, Pass needs to go with the staff that is going to be patient and develop his unique skill set. Kiffen, Petrino, and Malzahn all have a history of developing QBs, but I think Malzahn has had more success developing his QBs the right way. Hopefully, Pass can see this. I really hate to think what happens to him if he ends up at UAT.

4. Coker, Morris, Corny, Barnett. It will be 3 when he gets there but he is coming in wth another QB though. I still see Sims on some lists but he is gone though.

What about Cooper Bateman?

Lane Kiffin is having a significant impact at Bama. GM's offensive scares the crap out of the little guy. He now realizes that he is still living in the 90s. That's why Kiffin is there. The problem is that Saban is not handing the offense to Kiffin to nearly the same degree that GM is handing the defense to WM. Saban always wants 100% control.

Kiffin may stay at Bama for 5+ years. Saban may eventually hand most of the offensive decision making over the Kiffin. Kiffin may eventually sell Saban and the Alabama fan base on the idea that a minority mobile quarterback has value and deserves the starting job. That said, if I were Jawon, I wouldn't bet my career on it. I'd look for a school that has a history of coaches and fans loving/respecting their mobile minority quarterbacks.

I mostly just read and rarely post, but the idea of this young man going to Bama, is really bothering me. I'm not worried about Auburn missing on him. I'm just sad about the whole thing because I know is going to happen to him: Fanuzzi, Jackson, Sims (x2), Ely, etc.. I'm going to be so very happy for him if he picks Louisville.

Yeah. I saw Bateman but read Barnett. lol My bad.

Lane Kiffin is having a significant impact at Bama. GM's offensive scares the crap out of the little guy. He now realizes that he is still living in the 90s. That's why Kiffin is there. The problem is that Saban is not handing the offense to Kiffin to nearly the same degree that GM is handing the defense to WM. Saban always wants 100% control.

Kiffin may stay at Bama for 5+ years. Saban may eventually hand most of the offensive decision making over the Kiffin. Kiffin may eventually sell Saban and the Alabama fan base on the idea that a minority mobile quarterback has value and deserves the starting job. That said, if I were Jawon, I wouldn't bet my career on it. I'd look for a school that has a history of coaches and fans loving/respecting their mobile minority quarterbacks.

I mostly just read and rarely post, but the idea of this young man going to Bama, is really bothering me. I'm not worried about Auburn missing on him. I'm just sad about the whole thing because I know is going to happen to him: Fanuzzi, Jackson, Sims (x2), Ely, etc.. I'm going to be so very happy for him if he picks Louisville.

I still believe Kiffin saved Saban's bacon last year in the IB. Saban has a long history of clock control running the ball and I believe that was what he was trying to do throughout the first half and early second. It was the reason we were ahead early in the second. Saban did not have an answer for our offense. Look how effective Cooper was in the first half. I think he a a catch or two for menial yards. It was about halfway through the third quarter Alabama stopped running and started throwing and the wheels came off. Cooper lit us up from that point on. I think Kiffin will make UA dangerous as long as he is there and Saban listens to him. I think Saban not listening will be the ultimate reason Kiffin leaves and Bama loses a few games.

I'm going to be so very happy for him if he picks Louisville

He does not have a commitable Louisville offer at last report.

Yeah. I saw Bateman but read Barnett. lol My bad.

No biggie. I just saw UAT's spring game and thought Bateman was the best of the bunch.

I'm going to be so very happy for him if he picks Louisville

He does not have a commitable Louisville offer at last report.

Why do you think that is?

Maybe because they like the QB they have committed better. IDK.

I can't see him not having a commitable offer. Top QB in America ... Makes no sense

He's not the top QB in america and really is not close to being there either. When you combine pro and dual QBs on the composite he is #11, only 2 spots ahead of Woody.

I use the term top loosely . He is a top talent QB ... Louisville is crazy not to want this kid. Look at the success from teddy bridgewater ... Same kind of QB

I can't see him not having a commitable offer. Top QB in America ... Makes no sense

Pass is not eVen close to the top QB in America. He has potential but he is raw.

I use the term top loosely . He is a top talent QB ... Louisville is crazy not to want this kid. Look at the success from teddy bridgewater ... Same kind of QB

Teddy B was a better passer out of high school.

Pass has physical tools like the QB from S FL last year (Gibson?), gifted athlete, but probably not starting for anyone for a couple of years..

Teddy B was a better passer out of high school.

True, also Pass is a much bigger player than Bridgewater. They are not really the same type QBs.

Teddy B had more talent around him in high school. Biggest difference is Teddy was about 100 times more mature coming out of high school. He was more mature than most guys in college when he was in high school

Archived