2015 4* OG Tyler Carr commits to AU!

autigerfan73

If Golson is added as expected, he'll redshirt so will, eligibility-wise at least, be a member of the class of 2015 with three years left to play. I wouldn't expect us to sign 6 OL guys plus Golson.

Agreed.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forgot about Golson. But if he has to walk on one or two years as some think a la Grant, he may be rethinking his options. Hope we get him though. Very talented kid IMO.

There are some kids that are centers period or guards period. Seems like CJBG likes the hybrid OC/OG or OT/OG. When you are recruiting 16 year old kids physical attributes can change in 2 or 3 years it takes most to be ready for the big time. And it seems like sometimes we are recruiting a kid for a different position than position he's marketed by recruting saervices. Maybe our guys can envision a little better than some staffs.

Forgot about Golson. But if he has to walk on one or two years as some think a la Grant, he may be rethinking his options. Hope we get him though. Very talented kid IMO.

Indication are this is not the case. The Golson family are being open about it in the Prattville community that AU is where they want and expect Austin to land.

Indication are this is not the case. The Golson family are being open about it in the Prattville community that AU is where they want and expect Austin to land.

Is there any indication when this will be finalized?

Is there any indication when this will be finalized?

It is finalized in the Golson's eyes. We seems to be just waiting on an announcement. Ole Miss has exams this week so that could be delaying things.

Funny thing about Golson is I remember when he came out and some were saying he was over rated similar to what I've read being said about Carr now

Funny thing about Golson is I remember when he came out and some were saying he was over rated similar to what I've read being said about Carr now

AG by most accounts was overrated early on. He worked to earn it though as he progressed. FWIW Carr is working just as hard right now.

Nobody has said he won't be good. I do believe that he would do well by himself if he focused on playing OG. That is my opinion of course, he could wind up a first round OT. And I would be pleased to say so.

• 3 weeks later...

I hear it's UGA and Updyke as the top 2 right now for Tyler. Anybody got anything on that? What is our current level of interest in him? Many thanks etc and so forth.

I'm not an expert but from what people mentioned recently on here is his ship has all but sailed with AU. He waited to long as AU projects him at guard and we are looking for OTs and a center. Someone feel free to correct this post with recent info.

I really dont know why you would turn down Carr. He is an AU fan and apparently a hell of a player. Lets make some room and tell him come now or dont come at all. Get the commitment and move on. I think more and more HS guys are getting savvy to the way recruiting works. He needs to just come on board, and we let him.

I am pretty sure AU told Carr he was a priority earlier and he had the opportunity to commit. He did not now he has quite possibly missed the boat. Sucks for him, but AU will be fine.

If TC is as far down our board as people are saying I don't know why he would be at BCW.

As far as I know, Carr is still a take for AU. 247 just yesterday predicted him as a commit to AU after all is said and done with this recruiting class.

I really dont know why you would turn down Carr. He is an AU fan and apparently a hell of a player. Lets make some room and tell him come now or dont come at all. Get the commitment and move on. I think more and more HS guys are getting savvy to the way recruiting works. He needs to just come on board, and we let him.

I think the coaches wanted him to commit earlier and help recruit so he had his opportunity. It appears he wasn't enough of an AU fan to do that. Sometimes when you put off making a decision someone else will make your mind up for you. It happens.

Lets make some room and tell him come now or dont come at all.

Further to what Mikey said, it seems that's more or less what they did.

But they're not going to burn that bridge, because there's no reason to. They're likely not diverting much in the way of recruiting resources to maintain a relationship with him. And you never know, another kid might fall through and we might have to fall back on Carr. Or maybe keeping things on the up and up with him ensures that he isn't out there bad-mouthing Auburn at camps, all-star games and such. Perhaps continuing to recruit him, at least on the surface, puts additional pressure on other blue-chip OLs to grab a spot if/when they can.

I'm glad the coaches haven't told the kid to kick rocks, but I'm also glad that they are going after what they want.

I think I read on this board earlier in the last month or two that Carr was going to get exposed in camps this year? Am I imagining things?

Any feedback on/from Carr?

I hear he's driven. ;)/>

They're still waiting on the CarFax

247 has some update on Carr. I think it may be premium but the title is something about Carr having trouble deciding where he wants to be.

IMO, if he does not figure it out in the next couple of months there is a decent chance he won't be coming to AU. There is a good chance we will be full with other commits.

Archived