2015 4* OG Tyler Carr commits to AU!

autigerfan73

Are we saying he is playing games because he's taking his time? Just because he grew up AU doesn't mean that he has to commit any sooner than he'd like.

Or playing games as in being inconsistent in his words and actions?

He's playing games in that he grew up an AU kid, his fam is pretty heavy AU, Grimes has proved he is a great developer and gives Carr the best chance of getting to the NFL, AU was all over this kid for some time. There is no reason to string things out like he is doing. Committing to AU early should have been a slam dunk decision for Carr.

As for the cutting him loose ?x above, the staff is now talking to Carr about OT instead of OG and he still appears to be in the take group. The staff sill wants a tackle in this class so there may be no reason to cut him loose yet if the staff does not feel they are in good position with the other OTs on their take board. They may not want to be left hanging w/ no OTs in this class. Reality is AU is in best position with Carr than the other OTs on their board as of now

So it would seem that the answer to the first question is "yes".

Taking one's time and playing games seem like different things to me. Yeldon played games. Carr might have very legitimate reasons for thinking he might be better off elsewhere.

I'm also inclined to trust WDE, but not enough evidence has been provided in this thread for me to cast aspersions upon the kid.

Or, what AuburnnTexas said more eloquently in the time it took me to type this.

The point is the kid knows everything he needs to know about AU, and all his finalists for that matter. There is no point or reason to wait at this point. All he is doing is potentially costing himself in the long run by losing a spot where he wants to be. When you know everything you need to and are still waiting you are either intentionally playing games or unintentionally playing games because you're just not good at making decisions or too scared to make them.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know the whole story on Carr but it seems his crime is he likes Auburn as does his family but before he makes a final commitment he wants to be absolutely sure. It is only June NSD is February and many players don't commit until fall. That said coaches have told him there are a limited amount of slots and those are almost all allocated. I have heard of no game playing other than I am not 100% sure and so I don't want to commit yet. I don't understand why so many people on this board seem to be angry with a young kid who is having trouble making a final decision.

Game playing is lying to the coaches like Evans did, not being upfront and telling them that you are not sure yet. Not being sure could cause him to lose out at Auburn and other schools as classes fill up that is a risk he is taking because he is good but not so good that he has the option like an Ivy does of always having a position open for him. If sometime this week or next he made a decision to commit to Auburn and there was still a spot open for him. All those bagging on this kid now would be congratulating him and telling us what a great kid he is.

There is a huge difference between not being sure and playing games.

There is more than 1 type of game playing. Carr's is not the same as Evans' but it's still playing games.

The coaches knowing that Carr and his family were AU fans had hoped for Carr to take our commitable offer early, then help the staff to recruit the rest of the class and be a face of the class. Carr has chosen not to do this....this could easily rub people the wrong way.

I don't know the whole story on Carr but it seems his crime is he likes Auburn as does his family but before he makes a final commitment he wants to be absolutely sure. It is only June NSD is February and many players don't commit until fall. That said coaches have told him there are a limited amount of slots and those are almost all allocated. I have heard of no game playing other than I am not 100% sure and so I don't want to commit yet. I don't understand why so many people on this board seem to be angry with a young kid who is having trouble making a final decision.

Game playing is lying to the coaches like Evans did, not being upfront and telling them that you are not sure yet. Not being sure could cause him to lose out at Auburn and other schools as classes fill up that is a risk he is taking because he is good but not so good that he has the option like an Ivy does of always having a position open for him. If sometime this week or next he made a decision to commit to Auburn and there was still a spot open for him. All those bagging on this kid now would be congratulating him and telling us what a great kid he is.

There is more than 1 type of game playing. Carr's is not the same as Evans' but it's still playing games.

The coaches knowing that Carr and his family were AU fans had hoped for Carr to take our commitable offer early, then help the staff to recruit the rest of the class and be a face of the class. Carr has chosen not to do this....this could easily rub people the wrong way.

I'm sorry but its not game playing to delay committing just because you grew up in Auburn fan. And E, your logic about knowing all he needs to know about every school he's considering...that same logic can apply to Thompson and a whole bunch of other people too. If we don't want to wait for him because we can go ahead and pick up Ivey, Patterson or whoever, then so be it. But we so often seem to have no problem with other recruits enjoying the process. I see no reason why Carr should be any different.

unintentionally playing games

That strikes me as an oxymoron.

Clearly it has. I just don't understand the emotion. What's best for Auburn and what Tyler Carr thinks is best for him right now don't align. I'll never understand why that makes Carr the villain.

Never said nor implied the kid is a vilan. His indecisiveness is only going to hurt himn in the long run.

People can believe what they want but WDEWDE is spot on as he is over 90% of the time. As of now Carr is playing games.

unintentionally playing games

That strikes me as an oxymoron.

Clearly it has. I just don't understand the emotion. What's best for Auburn and what Tyler Carr thinks is best for him right now don't align. I'll never understand why that makes Carr the villain.

Agree on the oxymoron; but I don understand how it rubs people the wrong way, especially if there's some sort of bad attitude in the way in which he's not yet making his decision. To call him a villain seems too strong, however.

especially if there's some sort of bad attitude in the way in which he's not yet making his decision.

That's the thing. Nobody has expressed anything of that nature here. Maybe nobody's calling him a villain, but he's certainly been vilified here, and so far only because he didn't commit to Auburn when Auburn wanted him to.

especially if there's some sort of bad attitude in the way in which he's not yet making his decision.

That's the thing. Nobody has expressed anything of that nature here. Maybe nobody's calling him a villain, but he's certainly been vilified here, and so far only because he didn't commit to Auburn when Auburn wanted him to.

Depends on how you take the 'playing games' characterization. If that's just a way of saying he's not deciding as the coaches want, then sure -- it seems unwarranted. But if he's not deciding in the mode of game playing, that is a characterization of how he's not deciding.

:dunno:

I am pretty sure we all know there is a difference. WDE made the post saying that in fact he was playing games. We are basing our opinions on who brought that info to the board because we know he is an insider and has been pretty reliable. That does make a difference in this case. Most of us wouldn't draw a conclusion one way or the other if it was just some palooka.

So to reiterate, yes I agree there is a difference between not being sure and playing games. Nobody has a problem with the former. To that point, I had heard rumblings of game playing a couple weeks ago, well before WDE's post confirmed it today (for me). Contrary to WDE's info you have chosen to assume Carr is in the not sure category and that's fine. If you have an insider that has info supporting that I'm sure we would all like to see that. I know I would.

Tyler is a great kid! Period. Nobody has said any different. I just went back through 5 pages to make certain.

Tyler knows AU as well as he is going to. He has been visiting for two years for God's sake. Staff felt like they had done well with him and wanted the early commitment + help recruit as an Guard, and there are several reasons for the "Guard" label. UGA/Bama put playing OT in his head, now we have as well and still he won't Pop.

If I were staff (FYI...I'm not), I might feel like I had done what I could ATP. He has been recruited hard, and given attention that other kids have not. Sure he can wait until next August to commit if he wants, at his own peril. He is an AL kid, whom we made a very high priority. If he still has questions, that is on him.

The "Games" are not something bad, evil or mean. They are just things like giving staff the impression you're "on board", then claim no leaders. Or deciding that you want to play a different position in the middle of the process, and making it a issue publicly, in an effort to get Coaches to make promises. Knowing full well they will put you where THEY want you, promises be damned!

I don't know what is going on his head, but if he wants to play at AU, he better start cutting bait!!!

Tyler is a great kid! Period. Nobody has said any different. I just went back through 5 pages to make certain.

Tyler knows AU as well as he is going to. He has been visiting for two years for God's sake. Staff felt like they had done well with him and wanted the early commitment + help recruit as an Guard, and there are several reasons for the "Guard" label. UGA/Bama put playing OT in his head, now we have as well and still he won't Pop.

If I were staff (FYI...I'm not), I might feel like I had done what I could ATP. He has been recruited hard, and given attention that other kids have not. Sure he can wait until next August to commit if he wants, at his own peril. He is an AL kid, whom we made a very high priority. If he still has questions, that is on him.

The "Games" are not something bad, evil or mean. They are just things like giving staff the impression you're "on board", then claim no leaders. Or deciding that you want to play a different position in the middle of the process, and making it a issue publicly, in an effort to get Coaches to make promises. Knowing full well they will put you where THEY want you, promises be damned!

I don't know what is going on his head, but if he wants to play at AU, he better start cutting bait!!!

Well said!

I seemed to have opened a huge can of worms when I said there is a huge difference between playing games and not being sure. An inside who has been very insightful in the past says he is playing games. I have no reason to doubt the insider. The problem I have even great sources can have different viewpoints then me. Apparently now his crime is he thinks he should be an OT not a guard. He probably should trust the coaches with all their experience when they tell him guard is his best position. He may be wrong in his reasons for not committing but that does not mean he is playing games.

Maybe the difference in opinion is a different view on what playing games means to each of us. To me playing games is going back on your word, saying one thing doing another. Nobody has said he has lied to the coaches. If the insider has information that he has lied to the coaches say that instead of saying playing games. I have read enough on this board to believe an insider if he flat out says the kid has lied and I will eat crow and say I am wrong. Whether Auburn gets this kid or doesn't will not have a big impact on this class. The coaches have been honest with him , and he knows that not committing now may be to late, it may even be to late now if the coaches board has changed.

But until somebody tells me he is lying to the coaches as opposed to not doing what they want when they want I think we are doing a dis-service to the kid if we bag on him. Maybe because of a couple of linebackers in the last two classes we have become a little sensitive about not trusting kids. I personally would rather trust kids and be wrong every now and then as opposed to being so cynical I don't trust anybody until after NSD.

I seemed to have opened a huge can of worms when I said there is a huge difference between playing games and not being sure. An inside who has been very insightful in the past says he is playing games. I have no reason to doubt the insider. The problem I have even great sources can have different viewpoints then me. Apparently now his crime is he thinks he should be an OT not a guard. He probably should trust the coaches with all their experience when they tell him guard is his best position. He may be wrong in his reasons for not committing but that does not mean he is playing games.

Maybe the difference in opinion is a different view on what playing games means to each of us. To me playing games is going back on your word, saying one thing doing another. Nobody has said he has lied to the coaches. If the insider has information that he has lied to the coaches say that instead of saying playing games. I have read enough on this board to believe an insider if he flat out says the kid has lied and I will eat crow and say I am wrong. Whether Auburn gets this kid or doesn't will not have a big impact on this class. The coaches have been honest with him , and he knows that not committing now may be to late, it may even be to late now if the coaches board has changed.

But until somebody tells me he is lying to the coaches as opposed to not doing what they want when they want I think we are doing a dis-service to the kid if we bag on him. Maybe because of a couple of linebackers in the last two classes we have become a little sensitive about not trusting kids. I personally would rather trust kids and be wrong every now and then as opposed to being so cynical I don't trust anybody until after NSD.

Nothing wrong with that -- I agree with the sentiment. But there's a middle ground where you trust some, but feel others are less than fully trustworthy. It's okay to err on the side of trust. That's especially true for the coaches, since they're forming relationships. But there's also nothing wrong with our insider indicating that a recruit is less all in than Tyler Queen, for instance. Playing games doesn't mean the same to me as outright lying. Playing games can happen as a result of someone being unsure. They don't want you to go away, so they encourage you. They don't want to commit fully, so they discourage you. That's more what I was thinking of in terms of 'playing games'.

do you know any other type of song?

Oh great, now we are going to get to listen to "Pork Salad Annie". Thanks a lot.

FYI It's "Polk Salad Annie"... Coming from this... http://www.urbandict...term=polk salad BTW polk salad are very strong greens... Stronger than mustard, collards, kale and spinach.

If you don't boil the poke first and drain the water off they can kill you so yeah, they're kinda strong.

If you don't boil the poke first and drain the water off they can kill you so yeah, they're kinda strong.

I was talking about the taste... FYI you only eat the tops... new growth...

type of song???? well for you I got quite a few I could use. Want to get me started??????????

Oh great, now we are going to get to listen to "Pork Salad Annie". Thanks a lot.

You got a problem with that? not sure about PORK salad annie though

FYI It's "Polk Salad Annie"... Coming from this... http://www.urbandict...term=polk salad BTW polk salad are very strong greens... Stronger than mustard, collards, kale and spinach.

Pork, polk, poke, it's all sounds the same, lol. You have to put some "pork" in with the "polk" and the 3rd word is for after dinner, with Annie. ;D

Archived