2015 4* OG Tyler Carr commits to AU!

autigerfan73

If we ever do allow and Early signing period. I would like to see the recruits get a chance to opt out if there is a change in the head coach. I know many people will say you are signing with the school not the head coach, but you can't tell me a lot of players who are signing with Auburn now are doing it because they want to get on the Gus Bus.

And you've just nailed another problem that would have to be dealt with if an early signing date is installed. There are some things I don't like about the current setup, but I have not seen any single problem that won't simply be compounded by an earlier signing date.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tyler Carr, OL, Southside-Gadsden

Schools: Alabama, Auburn, Georgia

Decision date: Possibly this week

Skinny: Carr has long planned an October decision, but could decide as early as this week. He recently told AL.com that he was aware of dwindling scholarship numbers at his top options and that could speed up his decision. Auburn is the believed favorite, but Alabama is also in the running.

http://www.al.com/sp..._top_in-st.html

• 2 weeks later...

Any news on this guy? I thought he was supposed to decide soon.

No news. Still could be any minute.

Yeah but for who.

I don't much care anymore. There are indications that he may be a better fit, mentally, at Tuskaloser.

@BMattAU

Rivals100 OL Tyler Carr will announce decision Tuesday morning http://bit.ly/1nUK5i9 @Auburn #Bama

Wow. Finally. If he chooses AU, what recruit will be most effected by this. Who will maybe lose their offer if anyone?

Patterson. I think it takes his spot. .

E, WDE, Bird, Dixie, or anyone else in the know, who is better, Patterson or Carr?

I saw in the OP that Carr is not going to break any speed limits.

@BMattAU

Rivals100 OL Tyler Carr will announce decision Tuesday morning http://bit.ly/1nUK5i9 @Auburn #Bama

Wow. Finally. If he chooses AU, what recruit will be most effected by this. Who will maybe lose their offer if anyone?

My guess is the staff continues to tell Kim to keep working at center and the center prospects lose their shot.

Patterson. I think it takes his spot. .

Doubtful. Looks like he and Ivey are takes no matter what.

E, WDE, Bird, Dixie, or anyone else in the know, who is better, Patterson or Carr?

I saw in the OP that Carr is not going to break any speed limits.

Patterson but not by as much as most people assume.

@BMattAU

My guess is the staff continues to tell Kim to keep working at center and the center prospects lose their shot.

Beat me to it. I don't think we tell Patterson no, and Ivey should have a spot until signing day.

So his dad tells BOL his commitment schedule...flush!

Kinda' my thinking. If the coaches are still willing to take this guy who am I to object? On the other hand, I don't have to get all excited about it

Don't know about that but I know his dad told BMatt of AUR the schedule and BMatt is now very confident on Carr to AU.

Allow me to clear up something earlier. I just saw that my comments about kids not waiting were maybe not clear. I am not for the early signing date. Just that it is smart for the highest ranked kids to get the decision over with. It allows them to focus on school and the University knows what to expect. I just think the days of there still being a half dozen 5* kids left to decide on NSD are short lived. Sorry.

Don't know about that but I know his dad told BMatt of AUR the schedule and BMatt is now very confident on Carr to AU.

Also it looks like Tyler's dad told Auburn Rivals first as Bryan's tweet and post was 47 minutes before BOL's.

Also it looks like Tyler's dad told Auburn Rivals first as Bryan's tweet and post was 47 minutes before BOL's.

Sounds like good news to me. One question that has had me thinking UGA for a couple of months. E, why do you think KN has not Crystal balled yet or have I overlooked his pick. He is the insider I would trust over those other wanna bes. I kinda figured Keith just did not want to be the bearer of bad news at least until there is no doubt about TC's destination.

Sounds like good news to me. One question that has had me thinking UGA for a couple of months. E, why do you think KN has not Crystal balled yet or have I overlooked his pick. He is the insider I would trust over those other wanna bes. I kinda figured Keith just did not want to be the bearer of bad news at least until there is no doubt about TC's destination.

He's been extremely busy. Right now he is at the IMG 7 on 7 Tourney in Bradenton, Fl covering AU recruits there so he may not even know of the news on Carr today yet.

Archived