2015 4* OG Tyler Carr commits to AU!

autigerfan73

I think in the normal course of events Gus shows a guy all he can show him, asks him to come on and help recruit and if nothing happens after a reasonable amount of time, the bus leaves. The bus would have left Evans last year had it not been so close to signing day.

I want Carr here so I hope he gets on board with haste. He's been talking that "lifelong Auburn fan" stuff since last year. It's time for him get on or get off.

It's funny how these hard and fast commitment dates will change when there is a sense of urgency. It also has a tendency to weed out the charlatans. The OL is filling up so we will see if this Fall commitment date is hard and fast. He has enough information to make a decision. So if Carr wants to really be an Auburn Tiger he will make a move, if he doesn't he won't.

I like that it is us that is doing the weeding out this year. It is a great position to be in.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, we currently have 14 OL. We'll lose Slade and Dismukes to graduation. We have 2 OL currently committed in Harrell & Sharp. Kaleb Kim will put us at 15 OL for 2015 and. Austin Golson will put us at 16 if he transfers in. There is a chance that Avery Young or Shon Coleman could turn pro if they have a breakout season like Robinson did. We could also lose others like Shane Callahan to transfer that could bring these numbers down.

But the point is that that we still have guys like Martez Ivey, Drew Richmond, Javon Patterson, Nick Wilson, and Dallas Warmack on the board. So yeah, Tyler Carr's opportunity may be running out. This OL is going to be LOADED for the next several years!

^^This^^

I think in the normal course of events Gus shows a guy all he can show him, asks him to come on and help recruit and if nothing happens after a reasonable amount of time, the bus leaves. The bus would have left Evans last year had it not been so close to signing day.

I want Carr here so I hope he gets on board with haste. He's been talking that "lifelong Auburn fan" stuff since last year. It's time for him get on or get off.

It's funny how these hard and fast commitment dates will change when there is a sense of urgency. It also has a tendency to weed out the charlatans. The OL is filling up so we will see if this Fall commitment date is hard and fast. He has enough information to make a decision. So if Carr wants to really be an Auburn Tiger he will make a move, if he doesn't he won't.

In my mind, but clearly I know nothing, his indecision signals the latter. If he's a life long Auburn fan what possible reason would he have to hesitate? Unless, of course, for reasons only he can know, he feels he'll be better off somewhere else.

My Spidey Senses are tingling, and are telling me that he is being sold a load of crap. There is a reason that he is trying to play OT at camps. There are 2-3 schools telling him that he is a OT for them, and being 6'-06", he wants it to be true. Harrell was the #1 OG on our board, he took the spot. If Carr wants on the Bus, I think we will take him...for now. But say we have one spot left, and a 5* kid commits? You lose your spot IYAM!

The only reason we would take him now is because he is an in - state, 4* (and falling) from an town/area that we are not real strong historically.

In my mind, but clearly I know nothing, his indecision signals the latter. If he's a life long Auburn fan what possible reason would he have to hesitate? Unless, of course, for reasons only he can know, he feels he'll be better off somewhere else.

That's the way I read it too, with the key word in your post being in orange.

That's the way I read it too, with the key word in your post being in orange.

10-4.The way I see it, while I don't really expect it, he could, I suppose, end up being a part of this class but it seems his opportunity is somewhat diminished with each passing day.

He wants to play LT/RT, and I understand the difference in NFL salaries. But listening to teams telling you this will land you in the Arena League if you are lucky. Corey Grant was a good enough athlete that when he figured this out, we still wanted him. I want Tyler to come play at Auburn, we need Gadsen area kids.

I would like to get this kid, if he goes elsewhere who else are we looking at that we have a better than average chance of getting. I see a lot of 3 stars but few 4 or 5 stars. yeah, 3 stars can be great, however it usually takes more time to get a 3 star in the line up than a 4 or 5 star. right? :dunno: :dunno:

I would like to get this kid, if he goes elsewhere who else are we looking at that we have a better than average chance of getting. I see a lot of 3 stars but few 4 or 5 stars. yeah, 3 stars can be great, however it usually takes more time to get a 3 star in the line up than a 4 or 5 star. right? :dunno: :dunno:

Well, we think we lead for Kaleb Kim who is committing to his school of choice this afternoon. Kaleb is a 4 star OL.

There is only one star to care about and that is AU's Star OL Coach and his opinion of these players. Our old and salty, hard nosed, detail oriented Coach Grimes thinks he will make these players very good SEC offensive linemen or he won't take them at all.

#Auburn assistant coach Tim Horton also stopped by Southside HS today to see #Rivals100 OT Tyler Carr

@AndrewJBone

Giving him one last chance?

Never ever burn your bridges in recruiting. Never know what may happen down the line.

Nope, and I think his in-state status will give him some leeway/time. If we are taking 6 OL, 3 OG/2 OT/1 C wouldn't be unheard of... :dunno:

#Auburn assistant coach Tim Horton also stopped by Southside HS today to see #Rivals100 OT Tyler Carr

@AndrewJBone

Giving him one last chance?

Never ever burn your bridges in recruiting. Never know what may happen down the line.

Bingo

No, not this early. There are recruiting sites that have not even evaluated players yet. D'Anfernee McGriff (sorry copied from website) is a zero star at rivals. 4 star everywhere else. Dont get caught up in that. We have a coaching staff that evaluates talent (like most every school) 100 x better than any recruiting service. If they are committing to AU, and we take their commitment, they are as good as we think we can get. And we can get great players.

Nope, and I think his in-state status will give him some leeway/time. If we are taking 6 OL, 3 OG/2 OT/1 C wouldn't be unheard of... :dunno:

3 OTs, 2 OGs, and 1 Center is the plan as of now.

Just read on a 247 interview with Kerryon (not premium) that he is recruiting Carr to AU. He is also recruiting Payne.

You know that I know that. :hammerin: Most of these guys can play more than one OL spot. Thus my use of "wouldn't be unheard of" as a qualifier.

You know that I know that. :hammerin: Most of these guys can play more than one OL spot. Thus my use of "wouldn't be unheard of" as a qualifier.

It's as old as recruiting itself: "Tell 'em what they want to hear, sign 'em and then put 'em where you want 'em to be."

Seems as though it'd be difficult to parse whether some of these kids are going to turn out to be OT/OG or centers, at this point.

:dunno:

:laugh:

Yep, even I had heard of it.

Sorry bud. It was late and I had just finished a 15 hour work shift. Was not paying attention to who I was replying to.

Seems as though it'd be difficult to parse whether some of these kids are going to turn out to be OT/OG or centers, at this point.

:dunno:

That's no excuse. Get these numbers exactly right and don't let this happen again boys. ;D

Archived