2015 4* OG Tyler Carr commits to AU!

autigerfan73

if I understand correctly, Carr is saying that Alabama, Auburn and Georgia are his top three and that Georgia is recruiting him harder. It looks to me like this ship has sailed, and that unless we swing and miss on other players, that we're done with Carr.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Darryl Williams is getting closer which would make 4 OLs. Then Ivey and Patterson are in play. If that doesn't give Carr a sense of urgency then he is either not seeing it or he has something else in mind. With Golson on board now, maybe it's already too crowded for his taste. In any case, the decision will eventually be made for him one way or the other.

247 has some update on Carr. I think it may be premium but the title is something about Carr having trouble deciding where he wants to be.

IMO, if he does not figure it out in the next couple of months there is a decent chance he won't be coming to AU. There is a good chance we will be full with other commits.

I don't think he has a couple of months to figure it out. If his Auburn ship hasn't sailed, it's firing up the boilers.

247 has some update on Carr. I think it may be premium but the title is something about Carr having trouble deciding where he wants to be.

IMO, if he does not figure it out in the next couple of months there is a decent chance he won't be coming to AU. There is a good chance we will be full with other commits.

I don't think he has a couple of months to figure it out. If his Auburn ship hasn't sailed, it's firing up the boilers.

You are most likely right. I know we have other recruits that are close to ready to commit and Ivey is a real possibility.

You are most likely right. I know we have other recruits that are close to ready to commit and Ivey is a real possibility.

Carr is playing games and I don't think he will be part of AU's OL class.

I don't think he's playing games. I believe he would commit if he could. He's probably a take for UGA and can not wait on Ivey, Richmond, Patterson, etc because he's an EE and I don't think they are. So Dogs will be getting a good one IMO.

I hate to lose him to uga.

You can't lose something you never had.

I hate to lose him to uga.

You can't lose something you never had.

Good point. But Auburn will be fine in any case.

Excellent article on al.com http://www.al.com/sp...tyler_ca_1.html

Tyler acknowledges that scholarship numbers are dwindling at Auburn. "We've talked about it," he said. "They are only taking five spots and they have three filled. It's getting nitty-gritty. They said if that's where I want to be, I shouldn't wait too long."

He wants to commit in October,but he is willing to move up his timetable if necessary.He will compete this weekend at the rivals.com "five star challenge" against 5* Cece Jefferson and Byron Cowart..... Should be interesting to see how he holds up.

Tyler is clearly not oblivious to the situation. Sounds like he gets it and understands what he needs to do if he really wants to end up a tiger.

Carr grew up AU. He is making the AU staff go beyond what other coaching staffs are doing. AU was the first to offer and wanted him the be the glue to this recruiting class. He is playing games with the AU staff.

Carr grew up AU. He is making the AU staff go beyond what other coaching staffs are doing. AU was the first to offer and wanted him the be the glue to this recruiting class. He is playing games with the AU staff.

If that is true then we should cut him loose. Any HS kid that thinks he can pull that crap is not the type we want.

If that is true then we should cut him loose. Any HS kid that thinks he can pull that crap is not the type we want.

Agreed.

Are we saying he is playing games because he's taking his time? Just because he grew up AU doesn't mean that he has to commit any sooner than he'd like.

Or playing games as in being inconsistent in his words and actions?

Agreed.

I think there is a good chance he plays elsewhere, I do not think AU is waiting on Carr. We may wait on Ivey, but not Carr.

If he truly grew up an AU fan then he should be honored to jump on an offer. Sounds like he may be a little big for his britches.

Are we saying he is playing games because he's taking his time? Just because he grew up AU doesn't mean that he has to commit any sooner than he'd like.

He's playing games in that he grew up an AU kid, his fam is pretty heavy AU, Grimes has proved he is a great developer and gives Carr the best chance of getting to the NFL, AU was all over this kid for some time. There is no reason to string things out like he is doing. Committing to AU early should have been a slam dunk decision for Carr.

As for the cutting him loose ?x above, the staff is now talking to Carr about OT instead of OG and he still appears to be in the take group. The staff sill wants a tackle in this class so there may be no reason to cut him loose yet if the staff does not feel they are in good position with the other OTs on their take board. They may not want to be left hanging w/ no OTs in this class. Reality is AU is in best position with Carr than the other OTs on their board as of now

He's playing games in that he grew up an AU kid, his fam is pretty heavy AU, Grimes has proved he is a great developer and gives Carr the best chance of getting to the NFL, AU was all over this kid for some time. There is no reason to string things out like he is doing. Committing to AU early should have been a slam dunk decision for Carr.

As for the cutting him loose ?x above, the staff is now talking to Carr about OT instead of OG and he still appears to be in the take group. The staff sill wants a tackle in this class so there may be no reason to cut him loose yet if the staff does not feel they are in good position with the other OTs on their take board. They may not want to be left hanging w/ no OTs in this class. Reality is AU is in best position with Carr than the other OTs on their board as of now

I am taking all this as fact (that Carr is doing this) because it comes from WDE. It seems to me the issue is not whether we need an OT but what type of player do we take. It wouldn't matter to me if he was a 5* #1 player in the country, which he is not, or an NFL All Pro. If he wants to play games with Gus and the staff we don't need that type and we should just cut him loose. I wouldn't give him the time of day. I would take a 3* with potential that really wants to be at Auburn over a kid like this any day. That's just me.

I have heard from others that Gus and staff have cooled way down on him before WDE just posted that above. We don't need Carr. Staff may not have officially burned the final bridge yet just to leave an option open but that will come at a price, for Carr. So if Carr gets desperate later on and wants to come aboard he is going to have to prove himself and will get an attitude adjustment in the process. Beg is a good word.

I am taking as fact that he is doing this because it comes from WDE. It seems to me the issue is not whether we need an OT but what type of player do we take at the position. It wouldn't matter to me if he was a 5* #1 player in the country, which he is not, or an NFL All Pro. If he wants to play games with Gus and the staff we don't need that type and we should just cut him loose. I wouldn't give him the time of day. I would take a 3* with potential that really wants to be at Auburn over a kid like this any day.

I have heard from others that Gus and staff have cooled way down on him before WDE just posted that. We don't need Carr. Staff may not have burned the final bridge yet just to leave an option open but that will come at a price, for Carr. So if Carr gets desperate later on and wants to come aboard he is going to have to prove himself and will get an attitude adjustment in the process. Beg is a good word.

IronMan is spot-on on all points! :thumbsup:

I don't know the whole story on Carr but it seems his crime is he likes Auburn as does his family but before he makes a final commitment he wants to be absolutely sure. It is only June NSD is February and many players don't commit until fall. That said coaches have told him there are a limited amount of slots and those are almost all allocated. I have heard of no game playing other than I am not 100% sure and so I don't want to commit yet. I don't understand why so many people on this board seem to be angry with a young kid who is having trouble making a final decision.

Game playing is lying to the coaches like Evans did, not being upfront and telling them that you are not sure yet. Not being sure could cause him to lose out at Auburn and other schools as classes fill up that is a risk he is taking because he is good but not so good that he has the option like an Ivy does of always having a position open for him. If sometime this week or next he made a decision to commit to Auburn and there was still a spot open for him. All those bagging on this kid now would be congratulating him and telling us what a great kid he is.

There is a huge difference between not being sure and playing games.

So it would seem that the answer to the first question is "yes".

Taking one's time and playing games seem like different things to me. Yeldon played games. Carr might have very legitimate reasons for thinking he might be better off elsewhere.

I'm also inclined to trust WDE, but not enough evidence has been provided in this thread for me to cast aspersions upon the kid.

Or, what AuburnnTexas said more eloquently in the time it took me to type this.

I don't know the whole story on Carr but it seems his crime is he likes Auburn as does his family but before he makes a final commitment he wants to be absolutely sure. It is only June NSD is February and many players don't commit until fall. That said coaches have told him there are a limited amount of slots and those are almost all allocated. I have heard of no game playing other than I am not 100% sure and so I don't want to commit yet. I don't understand why so many people on this board seem to be angry with a young kid who is having trouble making a final decision.

Game playing is lying to the coaches like Evans did, not being upfront and telling them that you are not sure yet. Not being sure could cause him to lose out at Auburn and other schools as classes fill up that is a risk he is taking because he is good but not so good that he has the option like an Ivy does of always having a position open for him. If sometime this week or next he made a decision to commit to Auburn and there was still a spot open for him. All those bagging on this kid now would be congratulating him and telling us what a great kid he is.

There is a huge difference between not being sure and playing games.

There is more than 1 type of game playing. Carr's is not the same as Evans' but it's still playing games.

Archived