They wonder why others don't respect them ..

VegasEagle

Alabama and Tennessee’s rivalry may not be actually be as competitive on the field as it used to be (the Tide have won the last six matchups), but that doesn’t mean there isn’t some longstanding hate between the two schools. Check out what a few Tide fans painted on UT’s “rock” ahead of the showdown this Saturday.

http://collegespun.c...tennessees-rock

Please actually include part of the article instead of just a random link. Most people want to know what the article is about before they decide if they want to click on it.

please read the first comment... classic bammer response-blame someone else.

Right? Despite the fact that Bama fans have an MO for vandalism and self-absorption, this guy convinces himself that the Bama fanbase is victimized. Glad I wasn't the only one to pick up on that numb-skull...

Arogant, self-inflated, loud-mouthed, arogant, ignorant, arogant, self-entitled, can't do math, can't get a job, delusional, arogant, blight on trailer parks everywhere

is as

arogant, self-inflated, loud-mouthed, arogant, ignorant, arogant, self-entitled, can't do math, can't get a job, delusional, arogant, blight on trailer parks everywhere

does.

Arogant, self-inflated, loud-mouthed, arogant, ignorant, arogant, self-entitled, can't do math, can't get a job, delusional, arogant, blight on trailer parks everywhere

is as

arogant, self-inflated, loud-mouthed, arogant, ignorant, arogant, self-entitled, can't do math, can't get a job, delusional, arogant, blight on trailer parks everywhere

does.

You left out, inbred!

I remember going onto campus one morning before the Bama game in '88 and discovering someone had spray painted 'Reggie Who?' and such on the phone booths (yes, they existed back then) and streets all over campus. The desire to deface other people's property runs deep in their blood. We just didn't realize how much it would progress.

Can't we pay a vagrant to drive a car into a certain statue in a certain walk of losers or something or another? Kidding, kidding, but it really is what they need, a taste of their own medicine. The problem is they'd probably "revolt" and start burning down other campuses if that happened. SMH.

It is just the "way of the bammer". I know you cannot lump 100% of a populace but sometimes groups *cough* bammers *cough* demonstrate that class and decency is the exception, rather than the rule. I hate leg-humper fans (growing up in jawja) but even THEY tend to keep it to "my team/school is better than yours and if you don't like it, let's get drunk and fight". UT, UF, USCe...all these fans have the fringe but by and large, I believe they are pretty cool people who love their teams/schools. Bammers, on the other hand? If you don't holler "role tahd", then they not only want your team to lose (not just Auburn either, mind you) but they want you to get fired, your wife (or husband) to leave you, your dog to die, your car to blow up and then they hope you get bad news from the doctor. Bammers take it to a whole 'nother level like no other fan I've come across. And that, IMHO, is why people don't respect them.

rumor at the water cooler is they teabagged the rock and took pics but are afraid to share them lol

I am just glad TN doesn't have Live Oaks on campus......or do they......

Keep an eye on Smokey's food bowl. :ut:

Has anyone seen Smokey????

But seriously, this is how they have always been. They are the ones that will make rude/vulgar comments if they see someone wearing an AU/TN/FL shirt or hat. They don't care if it is a child. I have been stopped by total strangers in restaurants, malls, parks, etc. and been harassed by bammers, young and old. I told a 60+ year old man that he better just go sit down while trying to dine with my wife and kids at a Mexican restaurant once. My 5 year old (at the time) daughter said "why was that man being a butthead?". I guess she had heard me say that a few times. After correcting her to show respect for her elders, my wife and I couldn't stop laughing.

They have all learned this mentality from the biggest POS in the history of college football, Paul "Bear" Bryant. This man was a racist, a-hole of a person, that had a god-complex like no one has ever seen (until weeman, that is). He looked down on everyone, openly made fun his opponents, and their fanbase ate it up. They embraced this ideaology, and passed it on to their children, and their sister's children, and their cousin's children. They will tell you this is not who they are, that they just have some fringe-fans that take it too far, but that couldn't be further from the truth.

In my 20 years of living in Alabama, I met some good bammer fans. They were both very nice.

Has anyone seen Smokey????

But seriously, this is how they have always been. They are the ones that will make rude/vulgar comments if they see someone wearing an AU/TN/FL shirt or hat. They don't care if it is a child. I have been stopped by total strangers in restaurants, malls, parks, etc. and been harassed by bammers, young and old. I told a 60+ year old man that he better just go sit down while trying to dine with my wife and kids at a Mexican restaurant once. My 5 year old (at the time) daughter said "why was that man being a butthead?". I guess she had heard me say that a few times. After correcting her to show respect for her elders, my wife and I couldn't stop laughing.

They have all learned this mentality from the biggest POS in the history of college football, Paul "Bear" Bryant. This man was a racist, a-hole of a person, that had a god-complex like no one has ever seen (until weeman, that is). He looked down on everyone, openly made fun his opponents, and their fanbase ate it up. They embraced this ideaology, and passed it on to their children, and their sister's children, and their cousin's children. They will tell you this is not who they are, that they just have some fringe-fans that take it too far, but that couldn't be further from the truth.

In my 20 years of living in Alabama, I met some good bammer fans. They were both very nice.

That still might only be 1 kid, but we get your point.

It is just the "way of the bammer". I know you cannot lump 100% of a populace but sometimes groups *cough* bammers *cough* demonstrate that class and decency is the exception, rather than the rule. I hate leg-humper fans (growing up in jawja) but even THEY tend to keep it to "my team/school is better than yours and if you don't like it, let's get drunk and fight". UT, UF, USCe...all these fans have the fringe but by and large, I believe they are pretty cool people who love their teams/schools. Bammers, on the other hand? If you don't holler "role tahd", then they not only want your team to lose (not just Auburn either, mind you) but they want you to get fired, your wife (or husband) to leave you, your dog to die, your car to blow up and then they hope you get bad news from the doctor. Bammers take it to a whole 'nother level like no other fan I've come across. And that, IMHO, is why people don't respect them.

No, not 100%, but something like 98% are like this. Way more than any other fanbase.

The Updyke nation is alive and well.

I don't Tennessee has a prayer of beating them this week, but I will be pulling for them. Bammers need to be taken down a notch or two.

Let them lose to LSU and then to us. That would be SUPER SWEET! Of course Paul Fineboom would have to start a suicide watch for the Bammers who used to call into his show.

. Would also have something to do with personal hygiene!

So many of them just "have too much Bammer" in them. Some day "Bammer" will be in the Webster's Dictionary. Just wait and see.

I can't stand them and I have to live with them in this state of Alabama. My wife and I was at the store saturday morning minding our own business when a turd behind us say " I hate to say it but ya'll gonna get yur feeling hurt today, my wife and I just looked at each other and smiled. I told him we will be fine and he proceded to say "I just dont want yur feeling to get hurt." Thats a classic turd..

I live in Tennessee and sports radio has been filled with comments about the roack being painted. I know some on here don't care for Clay Travis, but he has been hilarious today. Of course, the callers quickly turned to bama jokes, many of which I had heard before; but one I haven't heard was: What do bammers do on Halloween? Answer: they "pump" their "kin". PRICELESS!!

I would love it if some TN fans came down to desecrate Bama's so called "walk of champions" Maybe paint ole bear orange or something.

Archived