2015 5* DT Trent Thompson (Georgia signee)

EagleDamnWar

I don't know if there's much to take from this, but TT's profile picture on Instagram is him at AU with his mother. I found this interesting, algorithm with his mother playing such a big role in his recruitment. His pic has been of him decked out in UGA gear forever. Just thought I'd share! http://instagram.com/trentthompson78

Did Saban stand on a milk crate or something in the pic of the two of them?

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UGA Mods haven't been able to reach Trent as of yesterday. He hasn't granted them the post visit interview they normally get. This one is going to be fun!

I've gotten word that Coach Garner really believes that TT will end up at AU. Sort of caught me of guard, but hey I'm not complaining!

Where did you get that word. It sure would be nice to get Trent. I think we are in it like Dixie preaches, but it will be tough and most likely not settled till signing much closer to signing day.

If we do pull him from UGA, it would be by far the biggest upset in a long time IMO. Would he be one of the best recruits we've ever gotten?

I've gotten word that Coach Garner really believes that TT will end up at AU. Sort of caught me of guard, but hey I'm not complaining!

Where did you get that word. It sure would be nice to get Trent. I think we are in it like Dixie preaches, but it will be tough and most likely not settled till signing much closer to signing day.

I'm not really comfortable giving names, but I've got my connections to the football program as well as the university. I know this is recruiting and that things can change in an instant, but right now CRG believes that with the influence of his mother in his recruitment, AU is in excellent shape. The discipline issues at UGA are leaving her concerned...

I'm not really comfortable giving names, but I've got my connections to the football program as well as the university. I know this is recruiting and that things can change in an instant, but right now CRG believes that with the influence of his mother in his recruitment, AU is in excellent shape. The discipline issues at UGA are leaving her concerned...

Sounds like Daylon Mack's mom at A&M.

Thanks for posting.

If we do pull him from UGA, it would be by far the biggest upset in a long time IMO. Would he be one of the best recruits we've ever gotten?

Considering he's the #1 recruit in the nation in some places, I think by definition he has to be.

Considering he's the #1 recruit in the nation in some places, I think by definition he has to be.

Would be a huge get ... but Bo Jackson comes to mind.

Bo wasn't even rated as the top prospect in Alabama. DE Ron Stallworth was on somebody's list as the nation's top defensive player, and some sources had Brent Fullwood as the overall number one prospect. And now I've revealed my age, these guys played before Al Gore invented the internet!

Bo wasn't even rated as the top prospect in Alabama. DE Ron Stallworth was on somebody's list as the nation's top defensive player, and some sources had Brent Fullwood as the overall number one prospect. And now I've revealed my age, these guys played before Al Gore invented the internet!

Yeah, I thought about that after I posted. I guess it depends on how one defines 'biggest commit of all time' -- according to rankings at the time, or according to how things actually turn out. Or maybe according to flipping a huge recruit from a huge rival.

Hindsight is 50/50.

Best thing we can do is keep winning, have a big improvement in defense, and not have any discipline issues. The coaches kept everyone focused on getting better each week and playing each game one game at a time. They instilled rigor and discipline and the few bad apples moved on. The culture of the program was set and they run a tight ship. We can't get them all but we can certainly get a good share.

Respectfully disagree with your first sentence. Coming out of nowhere to get Monty Adams when we were hanging on by a thread and did not look like we were even going to get an OV after firing the previous staff and landing him is the biggest upset in my time following AU recruiting. For sentence 2, on paper yes.

Echoes of Dixie.

Sounds like Daylon Mack's mom at A&M.

Before TAMU locked him up and Daylon shut down his recruitment last month.

Lawson was top 5 I'm the country, so that was close. Plus Lawson was blowing up towards the end of the recruiting year, getting close to #1.

True. Just for clarification, I wasn't trying to push to say TT was our greatest recruit ever if we pull him. But since the question was "would he be ONE of the best" I thought it was a no brainier.

True. Just for clarification, I wasn't trying to push to say TT was our greatest recruit ever if we pull him. But since the question was "would he be ONE of the best" I thought it was a no brainier.

:cheers:

Yeah, I thought about that after I posted. I guess it depends on how one defines 'biggest commit of all time' -- according to rankings at the time, or according to how things actually turn out. Or maybe according to flipping a huge recruit from a huge rival.

Hindsight is 50/50.

"50/50" Who are you, Bird?

Hindsight is 50/50.

No, but they are interchangeable.

Hindsight is 50/50.

Nah, I don't know jack about molecular biology.

Mikey, wasn't Stephen Davis also, at least a top three national prospect? I too am older than I like to admit at times.

Hindsight is 50/50.

Nah, I don't know jack about molecular biology.

Basically what I meant by my original comment that started all of this in the first place is that by pulling TT from UGA and having him sign with us could potentially be one of the greatest accomplishments Auburn recruiting has had this century. Number one high school player in the nation.

Archived