2015 5* DT Trent Thompson (Georgia signee)

EagleDamnWar

All I keep hearing about this guy is we are "A really close second". I still think this is an "Earth Shattering" event if he ends up in O&B. Not discounting him completely, but he loves UGA and UGA needs/wants/loves him.

What exactly can we offer him that UGA cant? Outside of the obvious SEC and National Title hopes.

We can offer Coach Garner who has sent many Dline players to the NFL.

I mean I love coach Garner, but I hear UGA has some Tracy guy who is supposed to be pretty good too.

Yes, Tracy is a very good coach. He does not love recruiting though. Garner is a great recruiter, and builds really good relationships with his recruits.

Not debating their merits as recruiters, just making the point that Trent will likely have a very good position coach in either case.

He will, but Rocker still has the yearning to coach in the NFL, and if a GOOD job opens up he will bolt. TT needs to keep this in mind.

I cant bring myself to knock Tracy. The guy is good, but it did not exactly work out at his last stop in the NFL. I think UGA is actually a quicker route to a solo starting gig, but would get playing time at both schools. He has two really good choices for his future, and that is what worries me when you here him call UGA the "home team".

Dont they run a 3-4? Maybe we can build an edge on that?

He would see playing time as a freshman at AU as well. I think he would have a better chance at seeing the field at Auburn. Just look how Garner uses our Dline. We sub 3 deep. They all get time. Remember all the time Adams got last year.

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I keep hearing about this guy is we are "A really close second". I still think this is an "Earth Shattering" event if he ends up in O&B. Not discounting him completely, but he loves UGA and UGA needs/wants/loves him.

What exactly can we offer him that UGA cant? Outside of the obvious SEC and National Title hopes.

Oh no, did you say earth shattering? Well, we old eagle members know what that means...

Not "earth shattering" again :timeout:

I mean I love coach Garner, but I hear UGA has some Tracy guy who is supposed to be pretty good too.

Yes, Tracy is a very good coach. He does not love recruiting though. Garner is a great recruiter, and builds really good relationships with his recruits.

Not debating their merits as recruiters, just making the point that Trent will likely have a very good position coach in either case.

He will, but Rocker still has the yearning to coach in the NFL, and if a GOOD job opens up he will bolt. TT needs to keep this in mind.

I get what your saying, but this could be said for essentially any coach. If the right job opens up, any coach could leave. Not sure any coach is untouchable these days.

I get what your saying, but this could be said for essentially any coach. If the right job opens up, any coach could leave. Not sure any coach is untouchable these days.

Not every coach. Rodney has never had the desire to coach in the NFL. He has always been happy teaching college kids and enjoys the hell out of recruiting and building relationships with kids, parents, and high school coaches. Tracy, on the other hand, has never kept it secret that he wants to coach in the NFL, and he does not like recruiting, even though he is good at it. He just doesn't like the games that are played by some recruits & their parents.

Not every coach. Rodney has never had the desire to coach in the NFL. He has always been happy teaching college kids and enjoys the hell out of recruiting and building relationships with kids, parents, and high school coaches. Tracy, on the other hand, has never kept it secret that he wants to coach in the NFL, and he does not like recruiting, even though he is good at it. He just doesn't like the games that are played by some recruits & their parents.

and who could blame him for that

and who could blame him for that

Not me. I couldn't do it either. I'm just saying that Tracy doesn't like it and Rodney does.

Oh no, did you say earth shattering? Well, we old eagle members know what that means...

Yeah. We don't want your old brittle bones breaking.

:-\

I hear golf has adamantium hips....

Well if they have retractable claws then that's the only way he could bring the ladies in.

Well if they have retractable claws then that's the only way he could bring the ladies in.

boys............. titanium hips are the only way to go...trust me

http://instagram.com/p/pMVlgGBXXX/ gotta feeling Georgia might be where he lands

Of course UGAly is where he's going to land, but the picture means next to nothing. My 10 year old went to Richt's camp this past Monday with some of his buddies and had a picture made with him and Richt, but the kid bleeds orange and blue and changed into orange and blue after camp and had a pic with Richt in an O&B outfit. Maybe because his Dad packed those colors for him.... :wareagle:

http://instagram.com/p/pMVlgGBXXX/ gotta feeling Georgia might be where he lands

Of course UGAly is where he's going to land, but the picture means next to nothing. My 10 year old went to Richt's camp this past Monday with some of his buddies and had a picture made with him and Richt, but the kid bleeds orange and blue and changed into orange and blue after camp and had a pic with Richt in an O&B outfit. Maybe because his Dad packed those colors for him.... :wareagle:

The caption TT added to the post is more worrisome than the picture itself.

The big factor here is production.. If UGA continues it's habit of wasting talent and never winning championships, AND Auburn continues on it's upward trend... Trent Thompson lands on the plains in orange and blue.

The caption TT added to the post is more worrisome than the picture itself.

^^^This. The picture means nothing. The caption says it all: "Me and boss man feel like home"

Trent's Mom is THE BOSS, in case anyone hasn't been paying attention. She will get what she wants. Of this let there be no doubt. If it was up to Trent, he may have committed to UGA already. Since he hasn't, I will go with what I have heard from two separate sources, neither of whom work for AU nor cover us in the media. This is a very close race, and will come down to how his Mom feels. AU having another great season, and UGA having another not so great one will certainly help!

Honestly, I'll feel sorry for the kid if he ends up somewhere he doesn't want to be because of his mom, even if it's AU.

True, but he seems to genuinely like both.

Honestly, I'll feel sorry for the kid if he ends up somewhere he doesn't want to be because of his mom, even if it's AU.

True, but he seems to genuinely like both.

Ahh, gotcha, thanks.

I don't know if there's much to take from this, but TT's profile picture on Instagram is him at AU with his mother. I found this interesting, also with his mother playing such a big role in his recruitment. His pic has been of him decked out in UGA gear forever. Just thought I'd share! http://instagram.com/trentthompson78

Archived