2015 5* DT Trent Thompson (Georgia signee)

EagleDamnWar

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would really like get this "win" over Pruitt.

Believe it or not Bobo is the UGA lead for Trent. I could definitely see Bobo making a boo boo.

I would really like get this "win" over Pruitt.

Believe it or not Bobo is the UGA lead for Trent. I could definitely see Bobo making a boo boo.

Interesting to have your OC as the lead for a DT. I understand Bobo is a good recruiter though.

All I keep hearing about this guy is we are "A really close second". I still think this is an "Earth Shattering" event if he ends up in O&B. Not discounting him completely, but he loves UGA and UGA needs/wants/loves him.

What exactly can we offer him that UGA cant? Outside of the obvious SEC and National Title hopes.

All I keep hearing about this guy is we are "A really close second". I still think this is an "Earth Shattering" event if he ends up in O&B. Not discounting him completely, but he loves UGA and UGA needs/wants/loves him.

What exactly can we offer him that UGA cant? Outside of the obvious SEC and National Title hopes.

We can offer Coach Garner who has sent many Dline players to the NFL.

I mean I love coach Garner, but I hear UGA has some Tracy guy who is supposed to be pretty good too.

I mean I love coach Garner, but I hear UGA has some Tracy guy who is supposed to be pretty good too.

Yes, Tracy is a very good coach. He does not love recruiting though. Garner is a great recruiter, and builds really good relationships with his recruits.

Yes, Tracy is a very good coach. He does not love recruiting though. Garner is a great recruiter, and builds really good relationships with his recruits.

I think the "Rock doesn't like recruiting" is way overblown. Rock didn't like how Chizik was f'ing things up and saw what was coming!

In case you missed Bryan Matthews yesterday on 106.5 The Drive, he said AU is now in great position for TT after last weeks visit. "Auburn now has a great shot at this kid"." AU is now even with GA or maybe head"

Posted this as a back up to what WDEWDE and Dixie have been saying for a while.

Great to hear, but I'd temper the enthusiasm a bit by noting that Matthews may be playing to his audience just a bit. Not totally discounting what he said, but not necessarily taking it at face value either.

Yep. This one is going to be like a roller coaster till signing day.

Really close second is a great spot to be in. This one will go down till the end.

I think the "Rock doesn't like recruiting" is way overblown. Rock didn't like how Chizik was f'ing things up and saw what was coming!

Rock hated recruiting. This is a fact I know first hand. He did it well but hated it.

Maybe better early opportunity to play. Either way it'a more his mom's call than his. You win mom, you get Trent.

Maybe better early opportunity to play. Either way it'a more his mom's call than his. You win mom, you get Trent.

Speaking as a guy in college, this is completely true. If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy. It was a BIG factor in deciding where I went to school, and I can see why Trent feels the same way.

BTW, Trent, We do have a Mama G's here, so you can get your Mama's Love while getting your Mama's love :big:

There is a Moma G in Athens too. I think other than the coaching staff and lack of achievement for UGA football, Athens is a wild town and the bar scene downtown reminds me of Bourbon St. I think some of the discipline problems stem from the party culture there. Auburn is fun but not crazy. I have my son there but my daughter is at Auburn. I think parents see the difference between the two

There is a Moma G in Athens too. I think other than the coaching staff and lack of achievement for UGA football, Athens is a wild town and the bar scene downtown reminds me of Bourbon St. I think some of the discipline problems stem from the party culture there. Auburn is fun but not crazy. I have my son there but my daughter is at Auburn. I think parents see the difference between the two

I think I read that the Mommy G's is no longer open in Athens.

I think I read that the Mommy G's is no longer open in Athens.

That's correct. I'd say food would never play a role in someone's recruiting, but then Cassanova McKinzy says hello

Not always...

Not always...

It is in this specific case. That's the only reason I said it. I don't make generalized mom statements about recruiting. No condescension there in case anyone is wondering. Just a statement of reality.

Not debating their merits as recruiters, just making the point that Trent will likely have a very good position coach in either case.

Not debating their merits as recruiters, just making the point that Trent will likely have a very good position coach in either case.

He will, but Rocker still has the yearning to coach in the NFL, and if a GOOD job opens up he will bolt. TT needs to keep this in mind.

Not always...

It is in this specific case. That's the only reason I said it. I don't make generalized mom statements about recruiting. No condescension there in case anyone is wondering. Just a statement of reality.

I didn't sense any condescension, so no worries.

Guest jojo1515

Oh no, did you say earth shattering? Well, we old eagle members know what that means...

He will, but Rocker still has the yearning to coach in the NFL, and if a GOOD job opens up he will bolt. TT needs to keep this in mind.

I cant bring myself to knock Tracy. The guy is good, but it did not exactly work out at his last stop in the NFL. I think UGA is actually a quicker route to a solo starting gig, but would get playing time at both schools. He has two really good choices for his future, and that is what worries me when you here him call UGA the "home team".

Dont they run a 3-4? Maybe we can build an edge on that?

Archived