2015 5* DT Trent Thompson (Georgia signee)

EagleDamnWar

If we do pull him from UGA, it would be by far the biggest upset in a long time IMO. Would he be one of the best recruits we've ever gotten?

Considering he's the #1 recruit in the nation in some places, I think by definition he has to be.

Would be a huge get ... but Bo Jackson comes to mind.

Mikey, wasn't Stephen Davis also, at least a top three national prospect? I too am older than I like to admit at times.

Bo wasn't even rated as the top prospect in Alabama. DE Ron Stallworth was on somebody's list as the nation's top defensive player, and some sources had Brent Fullwood as the overall number one prospect. And now I've revealed my age, these guys played before Al Gore invented the internet!

I had forgotten about that. Stephen Davis was #1 on a bunch of national lists. I still think prying Brent Fullwood away from the Gators at the last minute is the top upset so far. There was picture of Fullwood on the cover of their "Bull Gator" magazine with the caption, "By the time you read this, Fullwood will be a Gator!" I saved that one for a long time.

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we do pull him from UGA, it would be by far the biggest upset in a long time IMO. Would he be one of the best recruits we've ever gotten?

Considering he's the #1 recruit in the nation in some places, I think by definition he has to be.

Mikey, wasn't Stephen Davis also, at least a top three national prospect? I too am older than I like to admit at times.

Bo wasn't even rated as the top prospect in Alabama. DE Ron Stallworth was on somebody's list as the nation's top defensive player, and some sources had Brent Fullwood as the overall number one prospect. And now I've revealed my age, these guys played before Al Gore invented the internet!

I had forgotten about that. Stephen Davis was #1 on a bunch of national lists. I still think prying Brent Fullwood away from the Gators at the last minute is the top upset so far. There was picture of Fullwood on the cover of their "Bull Gator" magazine with the caption, "By the time you read this, Fullwood will be a Gator!" I saved that one for a long time.

Fullwood, Jackson, Davis (yes, #1 nationally in 1992) ... they're so last century (like many of us). By 'ever' Clayton meant this century.

Now, doesn't that make us feel even older?!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Clayton, I'm just giving you (and everyone) a hard time. The only difference between that and what you're doing is that I'm doing it intentionally (though goodnaturedly).

Fullwood, Jackson, Davis (yes, #1 nationally in 1992) ... they're so last century (like many of us). By 'ever' Clayton meant this century.

:laugh:/> :laugh:/> :laugh:/>

Clayton, I'm just giving you (and everyone) a hard time. The only difference between that and what you're doing is that I'm doing it intentionally (though goodnaturedly).

I know I know! I'm learning.

:laugh:/> :laugh:/> :laugh:/>

I know I know! I'm learning.

:cheers:

Good memories Mikey. Not saying that Mikey is old by any means, but some say he is the only person alive who sat next to the confederate veteran at the Auburn game when the vets eagle got away.

Good memories Mikey. Not saying that Mikey is old by any means, but some say he is the only person alive who sat next to the confederate veteran at the Auburn game when the vets eagle got away.

Actually, we had to stand for that game-- best I recall. ;)

Ask Golf, he was there too.

I dunno, maybe Tucker Fredrickson might have been the best get. Of course back then we got the news via carrier pigeon 2 weeks later.

yep but I wasn't standing I can promise you that.

Actually, we had to stand for that game-- best I recall. ;)/>

Couldn't beat the ticket prices for that first game.

:drink1:

Granted it's not exactly the same but Cam was the #1 kid out of JUCO in the 2010 class. I know he wasn't as coveted at the time because of only having 2 years of eligibility left, but there were many who (rightly) believed him to be the biggest talent in the country.

I dunno, maybe Tucker Fredrickson might have been the best get. Of course back then we got the news via carrier pigeon 2 weeks later.

Tucker was pretty much focused in on Auburn throughout high school. His intention was to go to Vet School at AU after his playing days. That was before he became the #1 NFL draft pick. Brian Piccolo was in the same backfield as Tucker at South Broward. My high school beat them 7-6 in the conference championship game. People always want to know how the hell did y'all beat them with those two on the team? The answer is we were better at the other 9 positions, and our kicker made his extra point.

Tucker was pretty much focused in on Auburn throughout high school. His intention was to go to Vet School at AU after his playing days. That was before he became the #1 NFL draft pick. Brian Piccolo was in the same backfield as Tucker at South Broward. My high school beat them 7-6 in the conference championship game. People always want to know how the hell did y'all beat them with those two on the team? The answer is we were better at the other 9 positions, and our kicker made his extra point.

Pretty cool story. Thanks

I'd also say Fullwood.

This is true....as for Brian if you ever seen the movie "Brian's Song" Tucker is mentioned in the movie

For you movie buffs, Auburn is mentioned in two different James Caan movies. Brian's Song is one. Can anyone name the other?

Angie Dickson letting Frank Sinatra know that Auburn beat alabama by 12, in 1960 film "Oceans 11".

For you movie buffs, Auburn is mentioned in two different James Caan movies. Brian's Song is one. Can anyone name the other?

The Gambler??? I believe Auburn couldn't cover the spread on one of his bets

Sorry, guys. This was a link to TT's Instagram where he posted a cool AU edit of himself, but he has since deleted the post

Maybe the AU staff told him to take it down because he is actually a silent commit to Auburn and they didn't want the Leghumpers to know? I kid... I kid...

Sorry, guys. This was a link to TT's Instagram where he posted a cool AU edit of himself, but he has since deleted the post

If AU pulls TT from the leghumpers I bet the NCAA will get 200K calls from them telling the NCAA how AU cheats. would be glorious.

If AU pulls TT from the leghumpers I bet the NCAA will get 200K calls from them telling the NCAA how AU cheats. would be glorious.

It's funny how the average UA/UGA fan just considers it a given. Forget the fact the NCAA set up a satellite office in our AD!! FOR TWO YEARS!! And of course they found nothing. Nothing. Two years and they could not find a thing. Yet we are SOOO dirty. It just makes it even more fun though IMO. They (UGA) just can't stand that they can't win a Trophy. :nopityA: :'(

Archived