"If we only had Brodie...."

DKW 86

What has the mullet wearing #12 done to make you, or anyone, think that he is anywhere close to DG? :blink:

What is his W/L record? :D

END of discussion. B)

What has the mullet wearing #12 done to make you, or anyone, think that he is anywhere close to DG? :blink:

END of discussion. B)

125752[/snapback]

GOSH!!! You are right...by that measure, I guess Jay Barker is like the 5th best QB in college football history.

THANKS!

So you're telling me Jason White would have no better saturday than a QB who you guys were saying was the worst QB in D1 football?

125723[/snapback]

Who ever said that Spencer was the worst quarterback in D1? I think that would have to be one of the Mississippi / Miss State / Kentucky quarterbacks...

Jason White would put up numbers against AU, but I think Chizik would have a plan to cause him some problems and keep them out of the end zone more than twice or three times. I would be concerned with Peterson also. But you cannot compare an OU-AU game with the Iron Bowl. Different emotions. I would love to get a chance to see it though.

Quit putting words in the posts of other people.

125737[/snapback]

He doesn't understand this kind of reason. the defensive coordinator puts in a gameplan early in the week to take away the strongest part of an offense (see bama's 50 rushing yards). which is why it is hard for them to understand why we only beat them by 8 points. they dont understand that when you have your cross-state rival by the throat in the 4th quarter with less than five minutes remaining you dont keep throwing the ball and embarassing them. that is why it pisses me off when they brag about how great they played and how happy they are that they spoiled our championship hopes when they should be thanking us for not being like oklahoma and rubbing it in, which if you watched borges rape bama's secondary in the second half you know we could have easily done. LEARN FOOTBALL and then make an an EDUCATED argument.

END of discussion. B)

125752[/snapback]

GOSH!!! You are right...by that measure, I guess Jay Barker is like the 5th best QB in college football history.

THANKS!

125758[/snapback]

Well, at least with jay barker you could have an arguement. With the mullet, all you have is a kid who has proven nothing except that he can't stay healthy and can't win. Other than that, you must talk about potential. (Which, according to Coach Pat Dye is "What sits on the BENCH ! ! ")

How long before you uaters let it go and look forward to tryin' to escape with better than a 6-6 record this year? :roflol::roflol::roflol:

After the NCAA got through with you guys, wasn't his record something like 0-11 in 1993? :poke:

i think jay barker is one of the best winners i've ever watched. he was matt mauck on steriods. they just didn't lose with him. i'd take a jay barker over brodie croyle every day of the week and twice on football saturday's and i'd whip your butt every time. without jay barker the best defense i've ever seen in person (92 bama) would never have sniffed the national title. he was as important to that team as ken dorsey to miami or craig krenzel to ohio state. you shouldn't ever, ever, ever compare brodie croyle to jay barker b/c that just shows how poorly this bama team stacks up to the past champions.

With Brodie and Hudson Bama goes 6-5. Bama's D has played light years over their head. Same with the running game. With their two stars (can we really call them that without a quality win to their credit?) the D and running game would not have been inspired to play the way they have this season. They would have looked to Brodie and Hudson every time the chips were down and so far neither has proven they are up to the task. Both are very good players but neither has proven on the field of play to be cut from the same cloth as Campbell, Williams, Brown, Peterson, White, Bush, Leinart. et al.

They are both great players in moral victories but until they have an actual victory they remain nice players.

smokin ray was proving it on the field. he was a warrior (when he wasn't high), and i feel worse for him than any of the folks bama lost. he may have lost an nfl career with that injury. i know he would've gotten drafted before; i don't know if he's going to go through the trouble of rehabing to try and get another shot.

i think jay barker is one of the best winners i've ever watched. he was matt mauck on steriods. they just didn't lose with him. i'd take a jay barker over brodie croyle every day of the week and twice on football saturday's and i'd whip your butt every time. without jay barker the best defense i've ever seen in person (92 bama) would never have sniffed the national title. he was as important to that team as ken dorsey to miami or craig krenzel to ohio state. you shouldn't ever, ever, ever compare brodie croyle to jay barker b/c that just shows how poorly this bama team stacks up to the past champions.

125776[/snapback]

i sure do wish mcgufcm could share his opinions more clearly. tell me again, mc...exactly how do you feel about barker vs. croyle? :D

After the NCAA got through with you guys, wasn't his record something like 0-11 in 1993? :poke:

125770[/snapback]

:roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

Now that I think about it...if Bordie and Ray Ray had not been injured and they had managed to beat a few more teams, they probablyt would have been ranked and would have helped us majorly when we crawled them in Tuscaloosa! Bama is indirectly keeping us from our shot at the title because they lack strength and conditioning...somehow Bama finds a way to keep us from what is rightfully ours.

Yes

125670[/snapback]

Oh no, BG...you didn't really say that! :lol::lol::lol:

He's better than the winningest qb in D1 history????!!!! Puh-leeze!!!! You just made my day!!!

Guest Tigrinum Major
Now that I think about it...if Bordie and Ray Ray had not been injured and they had managed to beat a few more teams, they probablyt would have been ranked and would have helped us majorly when we crawled them in Tuscaloosa!  Bama is indirectly keeping us from our shot at the title because they lack strength and conditioning...somehow Bama finds a way to keep us from what is rightfully ours.

125822[/snapback]

Personally, I hope they continue to hurt our SOS every year. I hope they go 0-11 every year. I would cheer for France against UAT. Have I made my feelings clear?

Now that I think about it...if Bordie and Ray Ray had not been injured and they had managed to beat a few more teams, they probablyt would have been ranked and would have helped us majorly when we crawled them in Tuscaloosa!  Bama is indirectly keeping us from our shot at the title because they lack strength and conditioning...somehow Bama finds a way to keep us from what is rightfully ours.

125822[/snapback]

Personally, I hope they continue to hurt our SOS every year. I hope they go 0-11 every year. I would cheer for France against UAT. Have I made my feelings clear?

125826[/snapback]

Sacre bleu...that is magnifique!!!! :lol:

if i had the choice of having a skunk or a bammerboob for a pet, id' take the shunk.......you can have a vet remove the scent gland on a skunk,but a bammerboob is putrid from the top of his head to the bottom of his nasty feet......they can't be housebroken either

Guest Tigrinum Major
if i had the choice of having a skunk or a bammerboob for a pet, id' take the shunk.......you can have a vet remove the scent gland on a skunk,but a bammerboob is putrid from the top of his head to the bottom of his nasty feet......they can't be housebroken either

126037[/snapback]

Speaking of pets, when my wife and I were newlyweds, we had a chocolate lab that was the smartest dog ever. When you asked her if she would rather be a Bama fan or a dead dog, she would roll over and stick her paws up in the air. She eventually died in 1996 after we lost that heartbreaker in the Iron Bowl...

Now all I have is a hyper Jack Russell...

126037[/snapback]

Speaking of pets, when my wife and I were newlyweds, we had a chocolate lab that was the smartest dog ever. When you asked her if she would rather be a Bama fan or a dead dog, she would roll over and stick her paws up in the air. She eventually died in 1996 after we lost that heartbreaker in the Iron Bowl...

Now all I have is a hyper Jack Russell...

126047[/snapback]

Be sure to teach the Jack Russell to hate uat too ! ! !

BamaGrad, I think UAT has recruited great Highschool QBs lately who have not fullfilled expectations. Ironically, it was the Jay Barkers and Andrew Zows who have actually been better. It happens. Brodie is a great thrower but only slightly better than average in this league. Look at the touchdown interception ratio,(44/25). Sorry but I remember being down at Mobile during the Alabama Missippi high school allstar game and a group of Alabama fans watching practice and were pointing to this kid and telling me what a great quarterback he was going to make for UAT. They were pointing to Gabe Gross and could hardly contain themselves thinking he was Tyler Watts. Brodie cannot carry the Tide on his shoulders. It will take a good running game and better pass protection to let him stay healthy.

Bammer: "If only all our highly-touted recruits would've QUALIFIED !"

:lol:   :D  :lol:   LMAO

126082[/snapback]

If Im not mistaken...we signed the maximum allotment of 19 last year. Hence the oversigning of a handfull of nonqualifiers who all had offers from Auburn.

Just because they CHOSE to commit to us doesnt mean AU didnt make the same miscalulations when they offered the same guys.

Buuuuuut we put two of those guys in prep school and they are now in this class. Both 4 star guys. So i guess getting in early looks like a pretty good move huh?

Getting back to Brodie, I predict he will either be on crutches or have a sling on one, maybe both arms, by the 4th game of next season. He's not finished a season (except for his frosh year....mop up only under Watts) since his junior year in HS. He's too injury prone, small (as in weight, not size), or whatever. He only played one game his senior year in HS because of injury, and that trend has continued on into college. JMHO

Maybe checkers?...Nahhhhh, that would remind him of the Vols endzone. How about water polo? :D

Archived