Alabama defensive line coach leaves for Texas

au75

Let him come. If he is that foolish then all the better. I don't care who Saban does or doesn't hire for his staff. I don't buy that big Ed and Kiffin are really going to make a great impact and hamper recruiting for Auburn. Auburn has a staff that can go toe to toe with anyone. It is high time some of us stopped being scared of these people.

I agree. In fact it looks to me like what Saban is putting together is a cast of Fantasy Island...a bunch of character actors past their prime getting in one last shot before fading away. Come to think of it, Saban may see himself in that position now also.

I can understand your analogy here, but Kiffin is only 38 years old and coach O is 52. Just because a coach fails as a head coach does not mean they can't be a good assistant. Coach Ellis Johnson on our staff is a great example and he is 62.

Berry, you are absolutely right...great strategy to diversify age w/skill talent and experience, and we are blessed to have watched it work so beautifully at Auburn this year, but I just cannot resist...

Who is WHOM? You have made my day! >:D

VARIOUS-1970S-001.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saban is trying to stop Gus's offense. Lane told recruits yesterday that Saban wanted to run a "hurry-up pro-style" attack. And they are reportedly changing defensive schemes too because they can't stop spread teams.

"Hurry up-pro style"...does that mean that LK will be in charge of making up cute little posters to signal his plays to the guys on the field. Not too sure what the HU is going to do for them....but faster pace is the trend and this is at least a half-step in the direction that many teams are headed. Sure no point in running a zone read or whatever with the QBs they have at the moment.

JMO but I expect this HU will be used right up until the point where bama has a 14 point lead...and then NS will put on the brakes ...and go back to his conventional slow-pace offense.

Saban is trying to stop Gus's offense. Lane told recruits yesterday that Saban wanted to run a "hurry-up pro-style" attack. And they are reportedly changing defensive schemes too because they can't stop spread teams.

Archived