Alabama defensive line coach leaves for Texas

au75

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alabama defensive line coach Chris Rumph is heading to Texas to join Charlie Strong’s staff, first reported by Alabama’s 247Sports site.

Rumph joined Alabama in 2011 from Clemson, and he was a part of two national championships. Alabama’s defensive line has been strong against the run the last three years, and they have finished first in run defense the last three seasons.

RELATED: Saban hiring Kiffin isn’t surprising

Rumph makes the second assistant coach to leave for another program. Alabama OC Doug Nussmeier left for Michigan recently, and Nick Saban recently hired Lane Kiffin to replace him.

About damn time Tejas cherry picked one of their coaches instead of one of ours.

The door is open for Ed Orgeron to join LK.

What I was thinking.

Wow, if they get Ed Orgeron then recruiting is about to get really tough!

really? You think it can get harder than it already is? Let him come. Personally I think Ed will take nothing less than being a DC. Never know for certain.

Saban needs all the help he can get, because Gus is about to cherry pick his own recruits, and Saban knows this! Do not be surprised to see ed orgeron to join that staff, soon.

Saban needs all the help he can get, because Gus is about to cherry pick his own recruits, and Saban knows this! Do not be surprised to see ed orgeron to join that staff, soon.

Since "birds of a feather flock together," let the Auburn Men come. There is no way anyone destined to be an Auburn Man, on and off the field, could be impressed by what he has seen on and off the field from Alabama (fanbase esp.), Kiffin, or anyone else said to be a "great recruiter." It's all about relationships. You play for a school as a business deal or as a family. I'll take the latter.

Orgeron will join LK at UAT. I agree its going be tough recruiting. These two guys arent good HC material but great recruiters. Going make it hard on us.

Orgeron will join LK at UAT. I agree its going be tough recruiting. These two guys arent good HC material but great recruiters. Going make it hard on us.

...to get the ones that wouldn't fit our culture anyway? Don't see how. Our programs, our coaches, are completely different. Chemistry is everything. There are plenty of great players to go around. Auburn knows how to take great players and make them into great people along the way.

With these coaches leaving for lateral positions, it tells me one thing. Bama must've received their letter of inquiry from the NCAA.

With the hiring of LK and now possibly EO, there are going to be alot of big ego's on that sideline. That doesn't necessarily translate to better coaching.

If Orgeron joins the fold, they'll be favored to win every recruiting national championship for the foreseeable future. In the words of Matt Foley, "well WHOOPDEY-FRIKKIN-DOO!!!"

Let's just keep bringing in top 10 or even top 15 classes. With proper development- of character and talent- any program that consistently recruits in that range might as well have the top spot. Just getting the 5 stars on campus is not the end-all-be-all.

Orgeron won't have the "You get to live in LA" stick he had at USCw. UAT is not even in Lower Alabama.....

He'll do well, but I suspect UAT will get the type recruits they usually get courtesy of the REC and their car dealerships.

Bama has been getting the top classes already, would it make that much of a difference? What am I missing here?

Well it depends. They have been getting top classes but if they were to get better and taking guys like tre Williams on top of what they did have that would suck. Also bammers d line hasn't been all that impressive to me the last couple of years so I wish he had stayed

Bama has been getting the top classes already, would it make that much of a difference? What am I missing here?

Yep...you can only have 11 on the field at any given time. Right now, Bama has more 5* kids riding the bench (getting almost no playing time ) than most other SEC schools have on their entire roster.

I don't see what's the big deal.JMO

They already brought in the guy from Miami that was a main player in the cheating scandal that the NCAA failed to properly prosecute, the BLATANT FAILURE of the NCAA to properly investigate the t-town menswear suitgate mess, the OBVIOUS car-running ring that is happening down at turdtown, now with Kiffin coming in, heck, all they would need now is to bring. Orgeron in to complete the greatest cheating operation the college football world has ever known.

Archived