Bammer Secondary Coach Greg Brown Processed

plainsman04

http://www.al.com/al...ml#incart_river

TUSCALOOSA, Alabama — Greg Brown's stay in Tuscaloosa was ultimately a short one.

The Alabama secondary coach will resign after just one year on the job, ESPN reported Wednesday afternoon.

Brown came to Alabama after serving as Colorado's defensive coordinator in 2011 and 2012. He also coached at Arizona in 2010 after several NFL stops including the Saints, Falcons, Titans, Chargers and Bucs.

Brown replaced Jeremy Pruitt who left for the defensive coordinator job at Florida State. Pruitt this week took the same job at Georgia.

The secondary, which coach Nick Saban assists with coaching, had consistency issues in the 2013 season. Injuries and inexperience led to several revolving-door jobs at both cornerback and safety.

The move opens up the possibility of long-speculated shifts within the defensive coaching staff. Director of player personnel Kevin Steele turned down the defensive coordinator job at Louisville last week, opening up the talk that he'd return to an on-field coaching role in Tuscaloosa.

This is the third assistant coaching change for Alabama this January to match last winter's turnover total. Offensive coordinator Doug Nussmeier left and Lane Kiffin joined. At defensive line, Bo Davis replaced Chris Rumph.

This story will be updated.

A comment from Al.com that Auburn fans would appreciate. They are SO rare. Traveled there at my own life risk and got out swiftly and safely after smiling:

"gus has shaken the capstone to its core but lane kiffin will save the day."

A comment from Al.com that Auburn fans would appreciate. They are SO rare. Traveled there at my own life risk and got out swiftly and safely after smiling:

Gus continues to help cause turnover in the coaching staffs of some major teams....ain't it sweet ? :)

Gus continues to help cause turnover in the coaching staffs of some major teams....ain't it sweet ? :)

"T'is indeed," said herself...

The kind of sweet I'm not having to say "NO!" to these days! :Sing: :Sing: :Sing: :Sing: :Sing: :Sing: :Sing:

The best part is that uat's hires are either questionable or "meh" at best. They only lost 1 guy from the secondary due to injury. 1 was kicked off the team for beating students and the other was taking out loans from coaches. Their D-line coach is a guy who had great talent at TX and let BYU rush for 400yrds and the suspected Secondary coach is the guy Clemson fired for giving up 70....well, 56. Wonder what their excuse will be next off-season?

"T'is indeed," said herself...

The kind of sweet I'm not having to say "NO!" to these days! :Sing: :Sing: :Sing: :Sing: :Sing: :Sing: :Sing:

Ditto TG. :)

Archived